Gamestop is slashing prices on games and some accessories

[quote name='jer7583']
231139b1.jpg

the future of gaming

HINT: The frog is on drugs[/QUOTE]

Perfect example of why the Wii is in a BIG DECLINE.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I do know what I'm talking about.

Whether or not they are being paid to give so many benefits to microsoft, I have no incentive to purchase their games on the only console I own. Why should I buy a game for $40, $50, $60, etc. when anyone with an Xbox can almost always get it for less?[/QUOTE]

Almost always are PC games cheaper than consoles. On top of that, the people that pirates always get's it cheaper than the paying customer....

What are you going to play?

[quote name='k9homan']

Its more of, a share of the pie when a sale is made. The shared marketing cost, MDF, (marketing development fund) is only a very small percentage...[/QUOTE]

MS reducing their cut would be a sensible compromise for short term exclusivity...but that said, flipping through my xbox dashboard tonight, there were 3 tiles promoting the next map pack (2 in Spotlight, 1 in Inside Xbox...one was a trailer, and there was an inside xbox video tile about how 'amazing" this next map pack was in two different areas)....That sort of saturation doesn't happen by accident.... Given the sales of these things and their appeal to a key xbox live gold constituency, MS would have likely done some extra marketing regardless but now I suspect they do it overkill mode as a part of this exclusivity agreement.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Going to Gamestop tomorrow. Wonder if I should pick up the DJ Hero bundle... hmmm...[/QUOTE]

Check out your local TRU first. They're all $19.99 for the three systems.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Check out your local TRU first. They're all $19.99 for the three systems.[/QUOTE]

My 'local' TRU is way too damn far. it'll be probably 15 bucks in gas alone seeing as it's on the other side of town. I can never take advantage of the in-store sales because of how far the damn store is. Kinda sucks, but, whatever.

So I got a question about online returns. It says on the return slip that I have 30 days to file a return, but I want to return the games in store and I know they usually have a 7 day limit? So far it's been 9 days. Do you think they'll let me return the items? Has anyone had any experience with this?

I remember hearing somewhere about how Sony charges devs for use of the psn network, for if their game connects. That is why you see Dlc like re5s multiplayer and how it would have been free to 360 users but capcom wanted to recoup some loss from the psn. Idk it was awhile ago and I never thought much about it but I figure since we are now talking about hidden fees and such maybe someone else could shed some light on this.

[quote name='Vap']So I got a question about online returns. It says on the return slip that I have 30 days to file a return, but I want to return the games in store and I know they usually have a 7 day limit? So far it's been 9 days. Do you think they'll let me return the items? Has anyone had any experience with this?[/QUOTE]

you have 30 days for all online orders to return. its only 7 days when purchased in store. You'll have no trouble returning

is DJ Hero 2 worth biting on? i know they are supporting it with DLC but is there enough tracks on it? i sold my DJ Hero 1 along time ago because it lacked enough content.

[quote name='Brother Daz']you have 30 days for all online orders to return. its only 7 days when purchased in store. You'll have no trouble returning[/QUOTE]
New games have a 30 day return regardless of if they're bought online or in store, while used games bought in store are only 7 days. But used games bought from the website and returned in store are 30 days.
[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']At some point DefJam Rapstar has to drop below $20, right?[/QUOTE]
If you have a Target nearby, then you could've possibly picked it up on clearance there for as low as $12.48. One of my local Target stores had 2-3 of the PS3 Def Jam Rapstar bundles sitting there for 2-3 weeks at that price and they eventually just went out of the system.

But maybe your Target is further behind the curve on the clearance drops and may still have them, so you might want to check there.:)

tempted to jump on Castlevvania LE - help off during PowerSaver sale regular edition because it was PS3...now if only I can find that $10 off PowerUp rewards coupon I redeemed weeks ago...

I went to pick up Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and saw that Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands was marked at $14.99 instead of $19.99, so I got that as well. I've never played a Harvest Moon game, so hopefully I'll enjoy it. :)

[quote name='MorningGlow']I went to pick up Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and saw that Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands was marked at $14.99 instead of $19.99, so I got that as well. I've never played a Harvest Moon game, so hopefully I'll enjoy it. :)[/QUOTE]

Do you like farming?

[quote name='opportunity777']Do you like farming?[/QUOTE]
I don't know why, but I thought the middle person on your sig was the actor who played Zack on Saved by the Bell.

[quote name='opportunity777']Do you like farming?[/QUOTE]

I played Farmville for a bit when I was unemployed. :oops: This has got to be much better than that.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Test Drive Unlimited 2 for $30 looks appealing, but waiting for $20.

Edit: Didn't realize it's also $30 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
This. $20 is my breaking point for buying new games, $30-$40 for recently released games (unless I really want it. :p)

bread's done
Back