Gamestop - Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $49.99 PS3/360 New, $44.99 Used

mindsale

CAGiversary!
Kane & Lynch 2 is 49.99 at Gamestop, 44.99 used. I noticed this morning they had discounted the title $10, which other retailers haven't done. I don't know if this is a promotion or if the game simply isn't selling.

People should keep in mind that the game is only like 3 hours....tops.

People might wanna hold out a wee bit longer, that price point probably won't stay that high for long.

Not to slight you, mindsale, just warning some people.

Not worth it. The game is pretty awful to be honest. How you make a 3-5 hour campaign boring & repetitive is beyond me. The multiplayer is okay for a short while but gets old really quick.

I think I'll bite when it hits $30. Hopefully that's soon.

I preordered my Copy for XBOX360, kept the receipt and went back to get my 10.00 difference back yesterday. Maybe the price drop was due to rating. I'm liking it.

[quote name='starmask2k3']its not 3 hours long[/QUOTE]

Actually, its not that far off. I'm a "slow" gamer, so when a game is quoted as being "8 hours", it usually takes me 10 or so. I take my time. :)

That being said, I rented it and beat it in 6 1/2 hours, and that's TOTAL gameplay time with my countless retries, restarts, and do-overs. The ACTUAL game was probably 3 1/2 to 4 hours, and thats WITH cinemas. :(

It's about four hours long on average. Also, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ON THE PS3. I have had nothing but issues out of the PS3 version. It has frozen on me three or four times mid-level and I've had to restart the entire level over. No checkpoints are saved when the game turns off. It was a new copy on a slim 120gb PS3.

It's a fun game, but RENT it, and get the 360 version if possible.

I fail to see to see how being short is a bad thing, being 10-15 hours for a shooter only means you're dragging things out. Hell this is the reason I don't playing JRPGs anymore since almost all of them these days seem to pull the "HURR IT'S ONLY THE BEGINNING DURR" crap out when you actually feel it was over, Okami being a shining example yet not being an JRPG at all.

Despite that, $30-ish is my price point. Has to be when my 360 is still getting serviced.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I fail to see to see how being short is a bad thing, being 10-15 hours for a shooter only means you're dragging things out. Hell this is the reason I don't playing JRPGs anymore since almost all of them these days seem to pull the "HURR IT'S ONLY THE BEGINNING DURR" crap out when you actually feel it was over, Okami being a shining example yet not being an JRPG at all.

Despite that, $30-ish is my price point. Has to be when my 360 is still getting serviced.[/QUOTE]

I think the issue is that a 4 hour game shouldn't cost you $50-$60 to own. Short games aren't necessarily bad games, but why pay that kind of cash for a game that's only going to last a few hours to complete?

And 10-15 hours is too long for a shooter??? Maybe you just don't like this type of game?

[quote name='Scorch']It's about four hours long on average. Also, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ON THE PS3. I have had nothing but issues out of the PS3 version. It has frozen on me three or four times mid-level and I've had to restart the entire level over. No checkpoints are saved when the game turns off. It was a new copy on a slim 120gb PS3.

It's a fun game, but RENT it, and get the 360 version if possible.[/QUOTE]

Never had an issue on my 250, sorry that happened to you scorch

I am kind of addicted to Dog Days, actually. The campaign has surprising replay value. When I beat it, I was expecting to never pick it up again, but a few days later, I was back on a higher difficulty. Also, the game has Arcade Mode (basically, Multiplayer with bots). It's a fun time waster, and something I think every Online game should have.

Last, but not least, Excellent Presentation. This game completely nails the "Homemade COPS VHS" vibe that it's going for. I hope more games adopt it.

With that said, the narrative is short and it ends with a whimper (this is extra noticeable since it starts with a bang). In the end, it's a game worth playing. Spend some time with it when you get the chance.

bread's done
Back