Gamestop Labor Day Yellow Tag Blowout

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
(Im back from the dead)

Gamestop will be having a yellow tag labor day videogame blowout. Thursday night each store's label printer will print up new stickers for 500 games to be retagged for Friday morning, and the beginning of the labor day game blowout sale.

The list of games will not be known until coorporate sends the stickers through thursday night, but get to your local GS this weekend for some hella deals :D

[quote name='jt2k3'](Im back from the dead)

Gamestop will be having a yellow tag labor day videogame blowout. Thursday night each store's label printer will print up new stickers for 500 games to be retagged for Friday morning, and the beginning of the labor day game blowout sale.

The list of games will not be known until coorporate sends the stickers through thursday night, but get to your local GS this weekend for some hella deals :D[/QUOTE]

Wow, there's a name I haven't seen in awhile. Thanks for the heads-up. GameStop rarely has any deals worth speaking about, but I may check it out regardless.

GS deal always $uck....Esspecially buy 2 get 1 Free (they always Rise the price on USED games & have buy 2 get 1 FREE promotion) :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']GS deal always $uck....Esspecially buy 2 get 1 Free (they always Rise the price on USED games & have buy 2 get 1 FREE promotion) :)[/QUOTE]

hahahaha no they dont. not once have i ever raised the price of a used game before a b2g1 sale. urban legends, ah well... when all the EBs are GS what are u guys gonna do?? :p jk jk.

but seriously, we dont raise the prices of used games before sales. HOwever, that is neither here nor there.

This is for sure nation-wide?

I have FYE, EBGames, and Gamestop in my small mall. I only shop at EBGames, rarely trade there. Always trade at FYE, and rarely shop there.

I always hear bad things about Gamestop on this site. I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='jt2k3'](Im back from the dead)

The list of games will not be known until coorporate sends the stickers through thursday night, but get to your local GS this weekend for some hella deals :D[/QUOTE]

Can you give a few samples of what will be on sale Thursday Night so we know what to look for the weekend? Also, will the sale just be for the weekend or until Tuesday?

They don't raise their prices before B2G1. I worked there for three years, and not once did that happen. Hell, it was rare that used prices ever went up on anything (with the exception of hard to find RPGs).

Thanks for the heads up, I may have to hit up the old stompin' grounds and check this out.

Gamestop OWNS EB when it comes to used merchandise. For one, I find better stock of used games at Gamestop's and two Gamestop has stickers that actually are easy to take off, when I buy used games at EB the cases are usually RAPED with impossible to cleanly remove stickers.

[quote name='rooter']Gamestop OWNS EB when it comes to used merchandise. For one, I find better stock of used games at Gamestop's and two Gamestop has stickers that actually are easy to take off, when I buy used games at EB the cases are usually RAPED with impossible to cleanly remove stickers.[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of YMMV involved as far as stock goes, but EB usually has better prices on just about everything. And online GS can't even begin to compete with EB's preowned prices and deals.

I doubt GS raises prices before sales, but I wouldn't put it past them. They did knock down trade-in values before the "extra 50% on trade-ins" deal a while back.

I would take advantage of this, but there really isn't anything out there that I need to have. However, Radiata Stories and NHL 2K6 both come out next week, I'll have to pick those up.

[quote name='Bervda']They don't raise their prices before B2G1. I worked there for three years, and not once did that happen. Hell, it was rare that used prices ever went up on anything (with the exception of hard to find RPGs).

Thanks for the heads up, I may have to hit up the old stompin' grounds and check this out.[/QUOTE]

I have seen it happen twice, it is gradually, not the day before up and down the day after and not on 44.99 games, but like GTA 3 PS2, Splinter Cell X-Box and a few others were 4.99 for a long time, then they all started to go up to 6.99, a few weeks later B2G1 free sale and now they are all back to 4.99, I fully believe they do that because they know a sale is coming

[quote name='rooter']Gamestop OWNS EB when it comes to used merchandise. [/QUOTE]

I disagree for 3 key reasons: CAG15, SAVER, Edge.

Thanks for the heads up. I've got some leftover credit at GS that I've been meaning to use. Hopefully there's some good stuff there.

okie dokie. im not sure if they raise the price but it sure is hella expensive for used games. may as well buy it new. I RARELY shop at GS. I shop at my local shop.

I hope they have some sort of deal on DS games. I just got mine 2 days ago with Nintendogs: Daschund and Friends and an Intec Starter Kit. I'm looking for deals on Warioware: Touched!, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Feel the Magic XY/XX, and Advance Wars Dual Strike, and maybe Meteos.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']will the suikoden 2 i bought today at gamestop be marked down?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious, is that game still $60 used?

[quote name='rooter'] ...when I buy used games at EB the cases are usually RAPED with impossible to cleanly remove stickers.[/QUOTE]

Buy some Goo Gone at Home Depot. Costs around $4 a bottle but it lasts forever. You just apply it to the stickers, wait about 1 minute and they peel off clean. I can't stand stickers on my game cases, so I pull them all off as well.

[quote name='aoLat']I hope they have some sort of deal on DS games. I just got mine 2 days ago with Nintendogs: Daschund and Friends and an Intec Starter Kit. I'm looking for deals on Warioware: Touched!, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Feel the Magic XY/XX, and Advance Wars Dual Strike, and maybe Meteos.[/QUOTE] I'm hoping the same exact thing.

[quote name='mick16']Buy some Goo Gone at Home Depot. Costs around $4 a bottle but it lasts forever. You just apply it to the stickers, wait about 1 minute and they peel off clean. I can't stand stickers on my game cases, so I pull them all off as well.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check that out next time I make a run to HD, because I have the same problems with stickers.

I do the same thing with the stickers....all of them come off ridiculously easy with Goo Gone

I got a deal on my Goo Gone though--Xmas Tree Shop for $1.00.

Bottle is not even 25% gone and I have goo-goned more than 100 games.

-Adam

I will once again sing the praises of Goo Gone. :)

Good deal for those within reasonable distances from a Gamestop. I would only partake of this deal if I were guaranteed a Lunar 2 that some prick didn't gut the pendant from and if I had $40 to send to my aunt in Paducah (home of the nearest GS with anything good).

[quote name='Engineer_J']I have seen it happen twice, it is gradually, not the day before up and down the day after and not on 44.99 games, but like GTA 3 PS2, Splinter Cell X-Box and a few others were 4.99 for a long time, then they all started to go up to 6.99, a few weeks later B2G1 free sale and now they are all back to 4.99, I fully believe they do that because they know a sale is coming[/QUOTE]

They were raised because of a promotion that ending up being retarded anyway. Right after they implemented those new bins where everything is 9.99 and under, they raised a bunch of games back over that range. SO a lot of games that were cheap, went up to 12.99 in price. Splinter Cell, Hitman 2, GT3, GTA and so forth. The reasoning? They failed "Stop Renting, Start Trading" promotion that guaranteed you a $12 trade in on any new game that was $20 you had purchased within the last 30 days, as long as you still had the receipt. I think I was the only person to ever use it. Once that promotion stopped...the prices went back down.

And yes, the used prices fluctuate a lot because the new ones do too. Activision and Ubisoft like messing with their prices. Call of Duty, THUG2, Chaos Theory, bunch of stuff goes from $50 to $30 all the time. And then back up. This is the new stuff too, so then the used stuff gets raised in accordance as, but never back to the $44.99 range. Usually for $34.99 or $39.99

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I will once again sing the praises of Goo Gone. :)[/QUOTE]Game stores would make a killing if they actually sold Goo Gone.

Yes, they will. My college sells Goo Gone and this stuff I never tried called Un-Du, probably to get rid of stickers on floppy discs and such... I think.

fuck, fuck, fuck! Why did this have to start Friday morning... why couldn't it start Saturday morning! Being in college with no car sucks donkey balls!:whistle2:x

So, all we know is that 500 games will be yellow tagged... I wish we knew what the deal was going to be or at least what games. Oh well, I guess I'll see if my brother is interested in going out and getting me some games.

Some GS worker will hopefully post Thursday night and tell us about the deal. Anyone.. pretty please?:)

[quote name='rooter']Gamestop OWNS EB when it comes to used merchandise.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='mkelehan']I disagree for 3 key reasons: CAG15, SAVER, Edge.[/QUOTE]

I disagree for 3 better reasons (actually one): CAG16, SAVER, EDGE CARD NUMBER.

[quote name='hatim813']I disagree for 3 better reasons (actually one): CAG16, SAVER, EDGE CARD NUMBER.[/QUOTE]

That's just online...in store Gamestop is better.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Looks like I'm getting out of my Jammies on Friday.

Yay for having no classes Monday and Friday. 4 day weekend! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh shit.. here I was thinking "damn work, that sucks" ... but my buddy is coming into town Thursday night so I have Friday off. This is perfect.

bread's done
Back