Gamestop - MadWorld and House of the Dead: Overkill $30 each

[quote name='TallGuyMe']not thread crapping, but they were both $19.99 each like two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

At BestBuy.com, as a 1 day deal, and they sold out quickly (some people were able to price-match in-store).

I got both of them plus Civilization Revolution (DS) under $2 after $50 RW gift card. Good games and it worth $20- $30-ish in my book :)

I got my hands on a Madworld through the Best Buy deal and popped it in last weekend. It's a beautiful game even for the Wii and the gameplay is really cool at first, but I lost interest about halfway through since there's only so many ways you can throw a tire over someone, impale their face with a street sign and pinwheel and then through them into a dumpster to get cut in half by the lid slamming down. The camera is iffy and doesn't ruin the game, but when I made it through the level with the mansion and fountain (3-1) with both my lives to take on the boss, and I have him down to a hit or two and end up losing a whole life because I can't line him up properly it completely turned me off and that's when I packed it up and shipped it out through goozex. I may be in the minority and I'm an admitted self loathing Wii owner, but I feel I gave it a fair shot. It's worth $20 IMO and something different and adult for Wii only owners. If there's a sequel that tweaks a few things to fix my gripes (not enough variety in attacks and camera) then I'd buy it full price.

[quote name='MarkTheArk']which one do you guys recommend is better as far as multiplayer and replay value?[/QUOTE]

house of the dead, easily for multiplayer- I enjoyed madworld more overall but both are solid

i actually enjored overkill. i told my friends it's like:
imagine a movie.
directed by quenton tarentino.
staring Sam L. Jackson and Chow Yun Fat.

with a budget of $20.

oh...and you can shoot things :whistle2:D

I had to return it to my friend, but I'd jump on it again for $20 (it was sold out during the BB sale :( )

House of the Dead Overkill has some clever lines and fun play off B-movie horror movies, but a lot of the "funny" dialogue falls flat because of its predictability and desperation to make it racy. Either way, it's fun and does its job as a decent rail shooter.

Madworld's camera isn't that bad. It's not great, but it's definitely manageable. The game is ridiculously easy to compensate for it (until the harder mode is unlocked). Unless you start getting creative with kills, it'll get really old, really fast, but that's more of a burden on the player than the game. The game gives you the option to vary your kills... if you don't, then you'll complain it's repetitive.

Could buy 3 regular games in hopes that it comes in stock when it arrives. Then return the 2 you don't want. :)

I also picked these up for $20. Great price point for me. Haven't played MW yet, still on HotD but I don't see THAT much replay value in that game. If you wait until a Wii coupon, you can get both games for $18 + tax (if price stays this time).

bread's done
Back