Gamestop Mystery Grab Bag PS3 / Xbox 360 / Wii $19.99. CAG16 and PUR discounts work. Check OP for reported games. Console Bundles Added.

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection. Wait, there's more? Yup, we failed to mention that there is also a chance your Mystery Grab Bag will include a "premium" preowned game valued up to $55! *

Playstation 3 Mystery Grab Bag

Xbox 360 Mystery Grab Bag

Reported Games:
PS3

$0.99
Madden 10 (disc only)

$2.99
Medal of Honor (no manual)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Disc only)
Madden NFL 2012 (missing manual)
Brink (complete)

$3.99
Duke Nukem Forever (complete)

$4.99
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)
Assassin's Creed 2 (disc only)
God of War 3
Uncharted 3
Rage
Metal Gear Solid 4

$6.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
NBA 2k13
Mass Effect 3
Hitman Absolution
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Infamous 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

$7.99
Wall-E (no manual)

$9.99
Soul Caliber IV
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty World of War

$12.99
Bejeweled 3

$17.99
Batman: Arkham Origins

$19.99
Spiderman 3 (disc only)

$24.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

Xbox 360

$2.99
Brink

$4.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution (no manual)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (complete)
Defiance (complete)
Madden 12
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)

NBA 2K11 (disc only)
NBA 2K12
$6.99
Bioshock 2
Fallout New Vegas (missing manual)
Max Payne 3 Single Player Disc Only (No Manual)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

$9.99
Peter Jackson's King Kong (disc only)
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Street Fighter IV (disc only)
Assassin's Creed 2
Halo Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Batman Arkham City
Forza 3

$14.99
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe

$18.99
Batman: Arkham Origin

$37.99
Titanfall

Wii

Monster Jam Urban Assault (disc/case)

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (disc/case)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (cib)

Metroid Prime 3 (cib)

Rayman Raving Rabbids: Complete.

MX vs ATV Untamed: No manual.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Complete

Lego Indiana Jones: No manual.

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga: Complete.

Disney Epic Mickey: Disc only.

Need for Speed Prostreet. No manual

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2: No manual.

LEGO STAR WAR COMPLETE SAGA (no Manuel or case)
WII SPORTS (no Manuel or case)
GAME PARTY 3 Complete
SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS complete

Epic Mickey

Star Wars Lego The Complete Saga

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Mario & Sonic Olympic Games

Star Wars The Complete Saga

Sonic Unleashed

Wario Land Shake It!

Super Mario Bros Wii

"Mystery Grab Bags" may not be so mysterious.
Got my two "grab bags" for 360......

One is.....

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (disc only)

Medal of Honor (disc only)

Armored Core 4 (with Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones manuals... wtf?)

and.. drum roll please....

Second one is...

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (missing manual)

Medal of Honor (complete)

Armored Core 4 (missing manual)

Kinda pissed, but I should have been half expecting this... games don't seem all the fucking random if they gave me two of each...

Calling them to see what my options are...

Playstation 3 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned PlayStation 3 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Xbox 360 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned Xbox 360 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned Xbox 360 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Wii Details

What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 4 preowned Nintendo Wii games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection!

Important Information

*Due to the complexity of the Mystery Grab Bag, all returns/defective exchanges must be handled through our Customer Care team by contacting 1-800-883-8895
-Not every Mystery Grab Bag will contain 5 games, however, it is guaranteed to contain at least 3.
-"Combined Value" is determined by the sum of the list price for each game.
Update: Cag 16 and PUR discount seem to be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
This all comes down to value. But which value. You spend $23.49 for one bundle. (More if you have to pay tax. For me it'd be $25.09).  For that, you get 3-5 $30 games. That's around $25 for $90-$150 value.  Price wise, a great deal. Quite the value.  Until you get the games.  I tried Game Daily's one. Fine for the most part with XBOX 360 and PS3 games (Yes, Duke Nukem Forever arrived.)  That was $85 for them.  kept a few games.  Their Wii bundle. UGH!  Almost all shovel ware, or D List games.  Stuff like Twilight Scene It.  The highest ranking game was Wii Play (sans controller)  I bought it once for the extra controller, and sold the game on eBay.  All in all, very little game value for the Wii Grab Bag. Yes, I found a couple of cute games (Happy Feet was surprisingly fun) but a major regret.  Also, their guaranteed manuals failed each time. Always one game sans manual.  Now they even admit it might not have any. But I digress.

So, what good is getting $150 worth of games for $25, if the games you get aren't worth that $25?  This is a great deal for those who love a good gamble. Those who love to see how cruddy a deal they can get. Those who just got a first time system and just want games.  For those who want bang for their bucks, no. Especially without cases or manuals.  Honestly, just hit up eBay. Plenty of bundled games to get, with manuals and cases, maybe even unused DLC (MAYBE), and you already know the games you're getting.

I tried to add 100 of these to my cart to see if it would show how many they had in stock...and the maximum that you can purchase is 10. #UsefulInformation.

This all comes down to value. But which value. You spend $23.49 for one bundle. (More if you have to pay tax. For me it'd be $25.09). For that, you get 3-5 $30 games. That's around $25 for $90-$150 value. Price wise, a great deal. Quite the value. Until you get the games. I tried Game Daily's one. Fine for the most part with XBOX 360 and PS3 games (Yes, Duke Nukem Forever arrived.) That was $85 for them. kept a few games. Their Wii bundle. UGH! Almost all shovel ware, or D List games. Stuff like Twilight Scene It. The highest ranking game was Wii Play (sans controller) I bought it once for the extra controller, and sold the game on eBay. All in all, very little game value for the Wii Grab Bag. Yes, I found a couple of cute games (Happy Feet was surprisingly fun) but a major regret. Also, their guaranteed manuals failed each time. Always one game sans manual. Now they even admit it might not have any. But I digress.

So, what good is getting $150 worth of games for $25, if the games you get aren't worth that $25? This is a great deal for those who love a good gamble. Those who love to see how cruddy a deal they can get. Those who just got a first time system and just want games. For those who want bang for their bucks, no. Especially without cases or manuals. Honestly, just hit up eBay. Plenty of bundled games to get, with manuals and cases, maybe even unused DLC (MAYBE), and you already know the games you're getting.
Combined value of $30 to $65, not $30 to $65 each.

With the new holiday return policy could you just buy this and then return a few weeks(or before jan 15) later if it sucks or you get bored with them?

With the new holiday return policy could you just buy this and then return a few weeks(or before jan 15) later if it sucks or you get bored with them?
There's no way you'll get bored with the grab bag by then.

No, because you have to call a toll-free number and get authorized for the return. No in-store returns means you're going to get screwed.

Wonder if when my bundle comes, would you guys like to see me do a live "unboxing" video, and i'll throw it up on youtube. 

Wonder if when my bundle comes, would you guys like to see me do a live "unboxing" video, and i'll throw it up on youtube.
Yes plz, what's your YT name, I'll subscribe. Depending on what you get, I might actually buy one.

BTW

real-mvp.jpg

30 to 65 dollars is a pretty gigantic price jump which is what is worrisome. Besides Gamestop is usually 10 dollars a game more than amazon or ebay anyway. Whoever is biting I salute you. In the end the minimum you're gonna save is ten bucks and my guess is that's about the maximum too. There's a reason they're pushing that "selected lucky folks will get a "higher priced game"" Like you can't give us a title? A time frame that it came out in? 

There's a reason they're pushing that "selected lucky folks will get a "higher priced game"" Like you can't give us a title? A time frame that it came out in?
I imagine that they are going to keep this promo going for awhile (as long as it is successful) so someone pointed out it be Destiny right now, but in a month it will no longer be. I think that's partially the reason they are keeping it vague.

I imagine that they are going to keep this promo going for awhile (as long as it is successful) so someone pointed out it be Destiny right now, but in a month it will no longer be. I think that's partially the reason they are keeping it vague.
Except it says "Up to $55.00" which means that it could literally just be anything they deem as "premium"..

It doesn't have to be a 55 dollar game, or Destiny, or anything worthwhile at all. This entire thing smells like ass. Like they literally won't give you a single guarantee which means I hope a bunch of people are ready for $30.00 (in gamestop pricing) of games for 20 bucks plus shipping.

I think if all you guys are willing to pay GS to ship you their junk, I'm going to start selling grab bags of random items around my house I'm trying to get rid of... I mean I want to have a nice new home.

I think if all you guys are willing to pay GS to ship you their junk, I'm going to start selling grab bags of random items around my house I'm trying to get rid of... I mean I want to have a nice new home.
If there is a chance at a "premium" appliance like a washer, dryer or refrigerator, I'm game.

Dude, have you ever seen a yard sale where they sell stuff by the bag? Like $5 a bag, people will put a dog turd in there.

I will most likely be making an unboxing video when I get mine, worst case is some pictures.

Stay tuned for updates.

They'll probably make the first batch to go out really good.  So the suckers that see the results will go buy them and get bags(boxes) of dog turds!

They'll probably make the first batch to go out really good. So the suckers that see the results will go buy them and get bags(boxes) of dog turds!
This is what I expect to happen. They'll send out a few solid shipments to get the hype train going, and then everyone else will get four copies of MAG and a third-party controller.

so an enemy gift then, I can't imagine anyone wanting Madden 08 as a present. :shame:
No joke, I had a customer come in frequently and trade different copies of Madden for different years. He would get maybe a dollar for some and get an older year or the next year and then be back in a week or so to do the same thing.

So, I can pay $20 for a "grab bag" and have one, some, or all of the following show up:

-Games I already have

-Games that are in shitty condition

-Games I don't want

-Games NOBODY wants

Yeah, think I'll pass.

They already tried to dispose of their piles of Bulletstorm and Rage with that Saints Row triple bundle from a while ago and nobody would bite. I'm sure they figured this was the only way they could get rid of that garbage.
....I don't know why Rage didn't take off, but it's a fantastic single-player experience and has some of the best DLC I've played in awhile.

I am also selling a grab bag of 3-5 games. I will blindfold my wife and let her reach in my entertainment center to select the games. $19.99 plus shipping.

bread's done
Back