Gamestop Mystery Grab Bag PS3 / Xbox 360 / Wii $19.99. CAG16 and PUR discounts work. Check OP for reported games. Console Bundles Added.

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection. Wait, there's more? Yup, we failed to mention that there is also a chance your Mystery Grab Bag will include a "premium" preowned game valued up to $55! *

Playstation 3 Mystery Grab Bag

Xbox 360 Mystery Grab Bag

Reported Games:
PS3

$0.99
Madden 10 (disc only)

$2.99
Medal of Honor (no manual)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Disc only)
Madden NFL 2012 (missing manual)
Brink (complete)

$3.99
Duke Nukem Forever (complete)

$4.99
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)
Assassin's Creed 2 (disc only)
God of War 3
Uncharted 3
Rage
Metal Gear Solid 4

$6.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
NBA 2k13
Mass Effect 3
Hitman Absolution
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Infamous 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

$7.99
Wall-E (no manual)

$9.99
Soul Caliber IV
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty World of War

$12.99
Bejeweled 3

$17.99
Batman: Arkham Origins

$19.99
Spiderman 3 (disc only)

$24.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

Xbox 360

$2.99
Brink

$4.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution (no manual)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (complete)
Defiance (complete)
Madden 12
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)

NBA 2K11 (disc only)
NBA 2K12
$6.99
Bioshock 2
Fallout New Vegas (missing manual)
Max Payne 3 Single Player Disc Only (No Manual)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

$9.99
Peter Jackson's King Kong (disc only)
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Street Fighter IV (disc only)
Assassin's Creed 2
Halo Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Batman Arkham City
Forza 3

$14.99
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe

$18.99
Batman: Arkham Origin

$37.99
Titanfall

Wii

Monster Jam Urban Assault (disc/case)

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (disc/case)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (cib)

Metroid Prime 3 (cib)

Rayman Raving Rabbids: Complete.

MX vs ATV Untamed: No manual.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Complete

Lego Indiana Jones: No manual.

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga: Complete.

Disney Epic Mickey: Disc only.

Need for Speed Prostreet. No manual

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2: No manual.

LEGO STAR WAR COMPLETE SAGA (no Manuel or case)
WII SPORTS (no Manuel or case)
GAME PARTY 3 Complete
SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS complete

Epic Mickey

Star Wars Lego The Complete Saga

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Mario & Sonic Olympic Games

Star Wars The Complete Saga

Sonic Unleashed

Wario Land Shake It!

Super Mario Bros Wii

"Mystery Grab Bags" may not be so mysterious.
Got my two "grab bags" for 360......

One is.....

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (disc only)

Medal of Honor (disc only)

Armored Core 4 (with Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones manuals... wtf?)

and.. drum roll please....

Second one is...

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (missing manual)

Medal of Honor (complete)

Armored Core 4 (missing manual)

Kinda pissed, but I should have been half expecting this... games don't seem all the fucking random if they gave me two of each...

Calling them to see what my options are...

Playstation 3 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned PlayStation 3 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Xbox 360 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned Xbox 360 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned Xbox 360 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Wii Details

What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 4 preowned Nintendo Wii games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection!

Important Information

*Due to the complexity of the Mystery Grab Bag, all returns/defective exchanges must be handled through our Customer Care team by contacting 1-800-883-8895
-Not every Mystery Grab Bag will contain 5 games, however, it is guaranteed to contain at least 3.
-"Combined Value" is determined by the sum of the list price for each game.
Update: Cag 16 and PUR discount seem to be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope.gif

Honestly, unless i figured they were gonna pack these bags with Metroid Prime Trilogy and/or Xenoblade, i think i own just about every Wii game i want to own.
76b.gif

The Wii bag is guaranteed to be shit-in-your-cereal bad. I'm going to get a 360 bag just because fuck my life, I guess.

I ordered two Wii bags using CAG/PUR. Came out to $32. After the crap that I got for my previous bags, needless to say my hopes aren't quite high. Maybe I'll be blessed with a Wii version of Wall-E to go with my PS3 one. I'll try to make an unboxing when I get my package and post it here.

I ordered two Wii bags using CAG/PUR. Came out to $32. After the crap that I got for my previous bags, needless to say my hopes aren't quite high. Maybe I'll be blessed with a Wii version of Wall-E to go with my PS3 one. I'll try to make an unboxing when I get my package and post it here.
You are the the Mothafuckin' Man.

If you don't get complete shit, I'll order one. I wouldn't mind a few Wii games really.

The Wii bag is guaranteed to be shit-in-your-cereal bad. I'm going to get a 360 bag just because fuck my life, I guess.
My biggest concern isn't even the titles I'll get. Its the condition they'll come. Aside from Gamecube titles, Wii games from their online store have the worst DOA rate around. So many games either don't work, or they have the refurb jizz all over the center ring.

I bought two and received 2 of each game, all terrible. Returned one and they refunded me $19.99, kept the other just so I didn't have to deal with GameStop anymore.

WHY are you guys doing this? I bought two. I'm telling you. DON'T DO IT! It's an awful buy. I already got rid of my games.
Just say you received a copy of a game that had the 'N' word written across the cd. They'll refund you in two seconds flat! Seriously though, some of us are just gluttons for punishment

WHY are you guys doing this? I bought two. I'm telling you. DON'T DO IT! It's an awful buy. I already got rid of my games.
Yeah but you bought first round. This is a whole different pile of crap.

Plus I have no respect for myself, and even less respect for money, obviously.

Any gamer who buys one of these bags has to know they're going to most likely get at least 2-3 games they either already own or played. GameStop is putting the most traded in games in these bundles. Notice that most of these bundles have the same games. So far I've seen the same games or combination of games in each bundle. Unchatered 3, Red Dead, and some Modern Warfare game seem to be the most common due to the fact they all sold numerous copies and were traded in by the thousands.

One other point to mention, these games are valued by GameStop which has a reputation of low trade in values and steep used game prices. They can start listing Uncharted 3 for $25 used and send someone a grab bag of Uncharted 3 and Duke Nukem and claim they have met their $30 value price point. Sure, this bundle may be good for newcomers to one particular console, but to veteran gamers, this is probably a bad idea and crappy deal.

Any gamer who buys one of these bags has to know they're going to most likely get at least 2-3 games they either already own or played. GameStop is putting the most traded in games in these bundles. Notice that most of these bundles have the same games. So far I've seen the same games or combination of games in each bundle. Unchatered 3, Red Dead, and some Modern Warfare game seem to be the most common due to the fact they all sold numerous copies and were traded in by the thousands.

One other point to mention, these games are valued by GameStop which has a reputation of low trade in values and steep used game prices. They can start listing Uncharted 3 for $25 used and send someone a grab bag of Uncharted 3 and Duke Nukem and claim they have met their $30 value price point. Sure, this bundle may be good for newcomers to one particular console, but to veteran gamers, this is probably a bad idea and crappy deal.
We've established that since the day this post hit. But goddammit, I can't resist. I knew they would be crap the first round and they sold out. The second round of example games shows absolutely nothing that I want to play and I bought two. Why did I do it? Besides the lack of self respect, the experience. So I can laugh hysterically and as a group comment on the pile of trash we collectively purchased. Knowing it's a bad deal in advance makes it easier. It's fun.

Everyone on my holiday shopping list is getting a Gamestop grab bag this year.

We've established that since the day this post hit. But goddammit, I can't resist. I knew they would be crap the first round and they sold out. The second round of example games shows absolutely nothing that I want to play and I bought two. Why did I do it? Besides the lack of self respect, the experience. So I can laugh hysterically and as a group comment on the pile of trash we collectively purchased. Knowing it's a bad deal in advance makes it easier. It's fun.

I guess being a CAG, I can't see myself throwing away $20 for a bag of games I know I already have, played, or don't want to play. Plus, I dont want to help GameStop unload games they can't sell and basically get a laugh at my expense for helping them promote and partake in this obvious ploy to sell their inventory of unsellable games. Gamestop, I refuse to fall in your trap of greediness and selfish money grubbing tactics.

That doesn't make sense at all. You want Gamestop to have your money? Why? Are you an idiot?

I will sell you some "good 360 games" to add to your trade list for $30 shipped, and you can even pay me first sight unseen. I'll put the money towards something practical, so your investment in something not moronic is guaranteed.

That doesn't make sense at all. You want Gamestop to have your money? Why? Are you an idiot?

I will sell you some "good 360 games" to add to your trade list for $30 shipped, and you can even pay me first sight unseen. I'll put the money towards something practical, so your investment in something not moronic is guaranteed.
Quit trying to rip me off.

Why are you guys still buying bundles for this? At least with lottery tickets you have an unbiased chance of winning something big, this is like giving your chips to a pit boss and trusting him to win you money

Why are you guys still buying bundles for this? At least with lottery tickets you have an unbiased chance of winning something big, this is like giving your chips to a pit boss and trusting him to win you money
Spite, insanity, just a dipshit, thinks it is funny to give money to a greedy corporation for a box of garbage.

I think the more important question is why do you care? A lot of people are interested in what's in them, so what's the harm? I've got money to spend and I'm inquisitive. It's like buying blind box figures. You know you're gonna get a Bran figure, but you buy one anyone cause you might get a Kal Drogo fig. We've established that this is more fun than legit. No one is getting Destiny, as a matter of fact they removed the "premium" game text and changed the amount of games to 4. So who cares? Don't buy one. I'll take the hit for the team. Besides I've got a friend that just got a PS3,so he's probably gonna be pretty stoked when I hand him three copies of Metal Gear Solid.

nope.gif

Honestly, unless i figured they were gonna pack these bags with Metroid Prime Trilogy and/or Xenoblade, i think i own just about every Wii game i want to own.

[edit] Oh yeah, and The Last Story.
Eh, I had my eye on Conduit 2 for awhile out of sheer curiousity, and I would love to try Wii's Fire Emblem (but only if I could get the Gamecube Fire Emblem too)...... I suppose I could try Red Steel, No More Heroes, and The Conduit 2 but I always hear how overrated those all are.

I hear Green Lantern, Thor, and Transformers are really great on Wii too ;)

Seriously though, it's funny you mention Last Story.... I bought it shortly after launch (got that fancy box and artbook with it) and was looking forward to trying the online mode...... I still haven't even opened the game itself :cry: Now I may never bother :wall:

Backlogged forever :-({|=

Last edited:
I think the more important question is why do you care? A lot of people are interested in what's in them, so what's the harm? I've got money to spend and I'm inquisitive. It's like buying blind box figures. You know you're gonna get a Bran figure, but you buy one anyone cause you might get a Kal Drogo fig. We've established that this is more fun than legit. No one is getting Destiny, as a matter of fact they removed the "premium" game text and changed the amount of games to 4. So who cares? Don't buy one. I'll take the hit for the team. Besides I've got a friend that just got a PS3,so he's probably gonna be pretty stoked when I hand him three copies of Metal Gear Solid.
Probably because people said the same thing when people started gobbling up horse armor. It encourages pretty bad business products

So, either I got cold feet or I realized just how stupid it really was, but I decided to cancel my shit-bag order. Anyway, I logged into my account and clicked on that order #, but there are no options to alter the order. It's still listed as open/ordered and not closed/shipped. What do I have to do to abort this little fucker?

Edit: Just checked the contact us link and now there's a chat option.

fuck me running: You are currently at position number 171 in the queue. Wouldn't be so bad if i didn't need to drop a post-Chili deuce.

bread's done
Back