Gamestop New Blu Rays 9.99- YMMV

BuckSatan

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure if this is a drop that is happening at every Gamestop or not but I found Underworld Evolution and Fifth Element for 9.99 each at the Danada Gamestop in Wheaton, IL. I figured it was an error or it was a used copy that was marked accidentally with a white sticker but when I made the purchase they went and grabbed an unopened copy and rang it up. I'm going to check a few more stores near me to see if I can find any other great deals but that store only had those two movies.

[quote name='BuckSatan']I'm not sure if this is a drop that is happening at every Gamestop or not but I found Underworld Evolution and Fifth Element for 9.99 each at the Danada Gamestop in Wheaton, IL. I figured it was an error or it was a used copy that was marked accidentally with a white sticker but when I made the purchase they went and grabbed an unopened copy and rang it up. I'm going to check a few more stores near me to see if I can find any other great deals but that store only had those two movies.[/quote]

My gamestops usually don't have Blurays NEW, and if they do it is about $30. They have had used blurays but those are usually about $17.99(my last purchase "30 days of night" was.)

I digress, good deal if they were new. Just make sure that your Fifth element is not the crappy one, make sure it is the "remastered" one.

The sale is company-wide afaik, and only applies to The Fifth Element, and Underworld Evolution. This is a limited time sale, and yes, it is on new copies.

[quote name='Zingela']The sale is company-wide afaik, and only applies to The Fifth Element, and Underworld Evolution. This is a limited time sale, and yes, it is on new copies.[/quote]

Sweet, i wouldn't mind getting a couple of blu rays for 20 bucks (less with the 10% coupon)

It might be worth picking up the original version and seeing if the mail away program for the remastered version is still in effect. The remastered version has far increased picture quality over the original. The way to tell the difference is either the sticker up top will say something like "REMASTRD" or to look on the audio options on the back of the case. The remastered version has True HD sound, the original does not.

I know one of my local Gamestops has a new copy of Underworld Evolution (priced 19.99 when I first looked at it a few months ago), but I didn't even bother to look at the price lately. I'll head in there sometime this week and see if I can confirm the price. Thanks OP.

THANK YOU OP!!!

Went into GS on my way back from class, and picked up Underworld Evolutions, and asked if they could price check it. Dood looked at it, and said "bro it says 29.99 on it, thats what its gonna cost" and I said "could you just check I have a friend who works for GS who told me it was on sale" and he said "no way bro its 30 bucks". I just said fuck it ring it up and we will see, and sure enough 9.99 and used the 10% coupon walked out with it for a little over 9 dollars store credit WhooHoo.

[quote name='lurknomore']Is there anyway to search which stores have this from the website, instead of tramping all across the county.[/quote]

You could just call the store, i think its very unlikely that all the employees will know about the deal.

I'm not too sure what the sku is, but on Underworld there are two sets of numbers on the sticker
050400 on the left hand side
100807DKM000 on the right hand side

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I'm not too sure what the sku is, but on Underworld there are two sets of numbers on the sticker
050400 on the left hand side
100807DKM000 on the right hand side[/QUOTE]

Sku=050400

I talked to a guy at the local GameStop he said they were on sale, I grabbed Underworld he said they hadn't gotten any new copies of Fifth Element since they came in the first time (PS3 launch) so they would all be the old version.

I emailed about the 5th Element replacement and I found both at a local GS, but the friggin things were gutted "new" copies. Looks like some kid wiped boogers all over 5th Element. I don't know why I bother with GS. They did know about the sale when I asked and they also said the buy 2 get 4 free is still going on. . .

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']So...I guess you bought it...right?![/quote]Sadly, yes, in hopes it's getting traded in for the Enhanced version anyway. If not, it's snot staying in my collection and will be blown back to GS. Upon closer inspection, it looks like someone dropped a MT Dew Code Red and it splattered onto it.

I hit the Dearborn, MI store and the clerk said they didn't sell new Blu-rays. I mentioned that I'd seen online people talking about this and he asked the other clerk who directed him to check the drawer. He pulled out Fifth Element, Underworld Evolution (why couldn't this have been the good Underworld movie?), and X-men 3. I had him scan them and while the two came up as $9.99, X-men was $35 IIRC. It's the old Fifth Element, so I'll have to see about getting it replaced. Props to the OP for the find.

[quote name='kklems']Amazon is selling the remastered copy for $14.95 right now. So with $9.99 plus tax and return shipping with delivery confirmation to send the old disc in it might be better to buy via amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QTD368?tag=bluray-021-20[/QUOTE]The studio usually sends you a pre-paid mailer to send them the discs for these exchanges, so it's not as if you'll be paying for postage. At least that's what happened with my BTTF and GOTS2 exchanges.

Thanks picked up both Underworld Evolution and Fifth Element. I had to call several stores here in DFW before finding them. Actually since the Gamestop had the old crappy transferred version I just went down the street to Circuit City and had them PM the remastered version.

I ended up just picking up Underworld: Evolution for $9.99. For being "New", Fifth Element didn't look to be in that great of condition. Thanks OP. ^.^

I got a call back from Sony and the Fifth Element trade in program IS STILL IN EFFECT. You have to call or email (email is probably simpler, but I called so I could ask follow up questions faster) and they will respond with instructions, address for return and a tracking code for your issue. The deal is you will have to send your DISC (ONLY, no case) first meaning you pay for shipping the crap disc back and then they will mail out the remastered disc to you. I think I'll just return by pop smeared copy and wait for Fry's to have it for 15 again which I missed last week.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I got a call back from Sony and the Fifth Element trade in program IS STILL IN EFFECT. You have to call or email (email is probably simpler, but I called so I could ask follow up questions faster) and they will respond with instructions, address for return and a tracking code for your issue. The deal is you will have to send your DISC (ONLY, no case) first meaning you pay for shipping the crap disc back and then they will mail out the remastered disc to you. I think I'll just return by pop smeared copy and wait for Fry's to have it for 15 again which I missed last week.[/quote]

Why don't you PM to BB or CC? I didn't have any problems getting the PM at CC, I even had the number of the Gamestop, she didn't even bother to call. I should have picked up some other movies and told her they were also on sale
O:)

[quote name='avatar13']Why don't you PM to BB or CC? I didn't have any problems getting the PM at CC, I even had the number of the Gamestop, she didn't even bother to call. I should have picked up some other movies and told her they were also on sale
O:)[/quote]I have never gotten a pm to work without a flyer or sometimes website price depending on the store. And I have gotten a lot of good pms like when Kmart.com had Fear 360 for 7.50 when it was a $60 game. Everyone this time has asked for a flyer and said no go otherwise. I even tried using my receipt. Their reasoning is that Gamestop also sells used and that the person they call at Gamestop could lie about it being a used/new price. :roll:I just returned the two "new" movies and will wait for another deal. Thanks for the heads up though OP.

[quote name='avatar13']Why don't you PM to BB or CC? I didn't have any problems getting the PM at CC, I even had the number of the Gamestop, she didn't even bother to call. I should have picked up some other movies and told her they were also on sale
O:)[/quote]I have never gotten a pm to work without a flyer or sometimes website price depending on the store. And I have gotten a lot of good pms like when Kmart.com had Fear 360 for 7.50 when it was a $60 game. Everyone this time has asked for a flyer and said no go otherwise. I even tried using my receipt. Their reasoning is that Gamestop also sells used and that the person they call at Gamestop could lie about it being a used/new price. :roll:I just returned the two "new" movies and will wait for another deal. Thanks for the heads up though OP.

I saw a gutted copy of Underworld yesterday, but since I don't own a PS3 yet, I didn't pick it up.

On second thought, I think I'm going back today.

[quote name='BuckSatan']I'm not sure if this is a drop that is happening at every Gamestop or not but I found Underworld Evolution and Fifth Element for 9.99 each at the Danada Gamestop in Wheaton, IL. [/QUOTE]

Wow, that Gamestop is right around the corner from my Dad's house!
Haha, random.

Good deals tho!

Late post. I picked up Underworld from my local EB turned GS last week after seeing this thread. Haven't seen the first one yet, so I haven't popped it in yet... but thanks for the great deal OP! :)

Went by the GS by my house to pick up a Bluwave remote so I can use my harmony with my PS3 and for giggles I asked if they had any new blurays and lo and behold they had both of these movies and even still sealed. I had been told that only certain GSes had them and that wasn't one of the stores. I don't know why I listened. Thanks OP. Now to send in the 5th Element for the remastered version.

I was really hoping X-Men Last Stand and MI3 were going to be $10 too =P

For some odd reason Saw IV & Night at the Museum popped up used at GS out of no where.

bread's done
Back