Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
the purpose of this thread is to help fellow CAG member. keep posting deals please.
That's short term thinking.

Please post all the information about the revolution in the public internet forum called Revolution Forum because government law enforcement won't see it there. Otherwise those of us who want to revolt won't know where, when, or how to revolt. Making all revolution detail public is the best method for growth, survival, and success of the revolution.

I'd be surprised if GameStop hasn't figured out by now how to price their trade-ins programmatically according to supply/demand and competitor pricing. In fact, if they haven't, there's probably a few people on CAG that they could hire to help them do it, including myself.
The JD problem is annoying, but leaving everyone in the dark on good trades makes this thread half of what it used to be.
If you visit the GameStop subreddit, which is frequented by GS employees and management, look at the right sidebar. Under all the listed links, you'll see a permanent link to the old CAG GS trade value thread. It's an old one, but it wouldn't take a genius to visit the main forum and browse to the current thread.

This article was just published yesterday: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-13/gamestop-slips-below-book-value-as-outlook-for-retailer-worsens
For the first time in the company's history, it slipped below book value. That means that the market (and investors) think the company is worth less than what the company reports it's worth. If we're buying games from competitors, selling them to GS to buy games to sell back to competitors, and repeating the cycle again, GS didn't make any profit and will tighten its belt in the future, especially now that investors are nervous that the CEO and two other senior figures resigned just the other day. The flipping profits this time around are small, but what about next time when they're bigger?

That's short term thinking.

Please post all the information about the revolution in the public internet forum called Revolution Forum because government law enforcement won't see it there. Otherwise those of us who want to revolt won't know where, when, or how to revolt. Making all revolution detail public is the best method for growth, survival, and success of the revolution.
so what is your solution? don't tell fellow cagers about potential deals? just keep to a select few members?

The flipping profits this time around are small, but what about next time when they're bigger?
Don't get me wrong, I generally agree with what you're saying. However, if somebody wants to post flip deals, then I want to see them. Restricting discussion of flips reduces the value of CAG for some and increases it for others.

so what is your solution? don't tell fellow cagers about potential deals? just keep to a select few members?
Using a spoiler tag is better as its harder to scrape that data. PM's keep the specifics out of the limelight completely, but can be a hassle to maintain. It seems the only value in posting specific deals on the forum is to spoon feed the lazy which scores rep points with lazy.

It's not a problem to post if there is a B2G1 sale or a trade promo. But how to use that should be up to each individual to figure out. 50% of this thread is crap posts about people that can't multiply 1.5 x $10 or the like.

Posting specific deals just says "hey retailer x, your current pricing and sales algorithm fails to capture this variable. I will now exploit this gap to my advantage and your loss."

Don't get me wrong, I generally agree with what you're saying. However, if somebody wants to post flip deals, then I want to see them. Restricting discussion of flips reduces the value of CAG for some and increases it for others.
imo there's not much point to this thread if no flips or deals get posted. I like the idea of putting things behind cuts to prevent searching but I don't see flips worth a couple dollars nuking all future trade values. The thing most likely to hurt are the deals plastered all over Twitter and reddit to the point that non cags are trying to flip 20 sealed copies at a time at every store and making YouTube videos about it. Stuff like this I don't think we need to sweat all that much.

imo there's not much point to this thread if no flips or deals get posted. I like the idea of putting things behind cuts to prevent searching but I don't see flips worth a couple dollars nuking all future trade values. The thing most likely to hurt are the deals plastered all over Twitter and reddit to the point that non cags are trying to flip 20 sealed copies at a time at every store and making YouTube videos about it. Stuff like this I don't think we need to sweat all that much.
This right here. Getting your panties in a bunch Everytime somebody posts a 2 dollar flip is stupid. There are way more deal sites posting way more profitable deals than a couple buck flip to GameStop.

..or maybe I am just saying all this because I am the GameStop mole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So just to confirm, as someone entering this thread late. The 500 gig X1S gets 150 credit? Is there a way to bump that up by offloading some games as well? I can't quite tell what these 20 and 30 percent bumps are getting generated by. Thanks.

Other potential flips from Gamestop to Best Buy if you have PowerUP Elite and GCU. Remember that you are not taxed at Gamestop if you use trade credit to make your purchases.

- Dragon Quest Builders (PS4): Buy for $15.20, trades in for $14.58 

- Metal Gear Solid V (XONE): Buy for $12, trades in for $12.14

This right here. Getting your panties in a bunch Everytime somebody posts a 2 dollar flip is stupid. There are way more deal sites posting way more profitable deals than a couple buck flip to GameStop.

..or maybe I am just saying all this because I am the GameStop mole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Agreed. I think we should be balanced. It's obviously not cost effective for Gamestop to fix every trade discrepancy. They're likely to focus on fixing the big holes first.

But I don't we should be flagrant as a general practice either, since appropriate discretion limits any fiascos such as have happened prevoiusly.

What happened last summer was amazing but I believe if CAG didn't find or spread the info, any other person would and it still would have gone viral. I don't think censorship is the way to go, the whole debacle of private lists and old members only forum was shameful and it went against what CAG stands for.

Its not difficult to go to the GS site and sort by trade value and cross reference the list to BB. I say we should help new members, and if gamestop wants to kill something then it's up to them.

What happened last summer was amazing but I believe if CAG didn't find or spread the info, any other person would and it still would have gone viral.
So true, and here's the revelation: I posted a list outside of CAG, and people wrongly accused me of stealing it from CAG. I have a whole bunch of scrapers and databases to track this stuff. I had not even heard of CAG before that. Fortunately, the accusations made me see the light, and I haven't posted a list since then.

So just to let you guys know you can do some pretty decent flips from Best Buy to Gamestop during Best Buys president day sales event. The games that have some decent trade in value to them when taking advantage of Gamestops trade promotion of 50% credit are as follows.

- Rocket League for the Nintendo Switch

GCU at Best Buy: $15.99

Base Value: $15 With promotion 1.5: $22.5

- Lego Ninjago The Movie Video game for NS, XB1, and PS4

GCU at Best Buy: $23.99

Base Value: $20 With promotion 1.5: $30

- Grand Theft Auto V for XB1 and PS4

- Yakuza Kiwami for PS4

GCU at Best Buy: $11.99

Bast Value: $10 With promotion 1.5: $15

Some other okay trade in flips to gamestop are Rocket League for the PS4,XB1 and America's Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! on the PS4

Also as stated by a previous post you can flip Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS4 and XB1 to Best Buy so you can keep the flip train going.
The base values for GTA V and Lego Ninjago have dropped to $17. [insert hmmm emoji]

When did Gamestop raise the price of Star Fox Zero?  I went to get one today when I picked up Secret of Mana and they want $9.99 for it now.

When did Gamestop raise the price of Star Fox Zero? I went to get one today when I picked up Secret of Mana and they want $9.99 for it now.
Probably because people were buying them all up. I grabbed a few but noticed a guy buying 4 during his transaction. I'm sure that happened at a few stores.

There's too many posts to quote, but it wouldn't have been hard to have simply posted that there were some minor profit BB>GS flips in the prez sale. There's no need to spoon feed everyone that looks at this website.

It took me around 10 minutes to go through all of the games from the sale page and determine that at my store, I would make $120 profit if I maxed out my trades. This would have eaten over half of my trade potential. No way this is worthwhile.

There's too many posts to quote, but it wouldn't have been hard to have simply posted that there were some minor profit BB>GS flips in the prez sale. There's no need to spoon feed everyone that looks at this website.

It took me around 10 minutes to go through all of the games from the sale page and determine that at my store, I would make $120 profit if I maxed out my trades. This would have eaten over half of my trade potential. No way this is worthwhile.
sorry, but what do you mean by trade potential? is there a limit of how many games you can trade in?

sorry, but what do you mean by trade potential? is there a limit of how many games you can trade in?
$2k in trade credt & $500 cash per month.

Edit: so getting $35 trade credit on a game you paid 30 for is not as good as getting 35 for a game you paid 20 for because it wastes more of you trade limit.

$2k in trade credt & $500 cash per month.
Edit: so getting $35 trade credit on a game you paid 30 for is not as good as getting 35 for a game you paid 20 for because it wastes more of you trade limit.
Are the cash and credit limits separate from each other?

So just to let you guys know you can do some pretty decent flips from Best Buy to Gamestop during Best Buys president day sales event. The games that have some decent trade in value to them when taking advantage of Gamestops trade promotion of 50% credit are as follows.

- Rocket League for the Nintendo Switch
GCU at Best Buy: $15.99
Base Value: $15 With promotion 1.5: $22.5

- Lego Ninjago The Movie Video game for NS, XB1, and PS4

- Grand Theft Auto V for XB1 and PS4

- Yakuza Kiwami for PS4
GCU at Best Buy: $11.99
Bast Value: $10 With promotion 1.5: $15

Some other okay trade in flips to gamestop are Rocket League for the PS4,XB1 and America's Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! on the PS4

Also as stated by a previous post you can flip Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS4 and XB1 to Best Buy so you can keep the flip train going.
Looks like GTA V and Lego Ninjago are a $17 base now just fyi

Quite a few game's TIV went up, if only by $1 or so. Is it uncommon for there to be a bump that isn't proceeded by the GS text/email?

Edit: TIV's went up yesterday, but may be down now looking at ^ reply above me.

With this 50% promo, is it 50% from the base plus the 10%/20% from the base with your Pro/Elite membership or is it 30% + 20% equalling the 50% from the base?

With this 50% promo, is it 50% from the base plus the 10%/20% from the base with your Pro/Elite membership or is it 30% + 20% equalling the 50% from the base?
It's the latter. You basically get 30% bonus TIV plus either the 0% / 10% / 20% of your membership level.

Quite a few game's TIV went up, if only by $1 or so. Is it uncommon for there to be a bump that isn't proceeded by the GS text/email?

Edit: TIV's went up yesterday, but may be down now looking at ^ reply above me.
Currently on their website it lists :

MOST WANTED
TRADES
Get up to $30
For hot titles

Valid 2/16 - 2/19

Curious what the list of games will be. Will probably hold off until tomorrow and see what shows up before I unload a bunch of games.

The paranoia in here really needs to stop. Gamestop doesn’t care about these little flips. They still make money off of them. People have been flipping for years and it isn’t going to end.

The paranoia in here really needs to stop. Gamestop doesn’t care about these little flips. They still make money off of them. People have been flipping for years and it isn’t going to end.
The flips used to (consistently) be much better less than a year ago. People need to use common sense.

My latest pawn shop finds. Flipping them later today.

eR9y8K4.jpg

Yup, seasoned CAGers know the trade seasons and hoard games during dry spells. We just got used to too many trade deals on the later part of the year that we're suffering from deal withdrawal.

Guys I have BIG news

Amazon is officially dead

GameStop updated their POS today and it blocks all amazon cards

Ask Deader he can verify my claims

what type of payment did you try to use
I personally haven’t tried it, BUT I know to use a gift card and not trade credit

He showed me a memo that Corporate sent out which specifically stated gift cards nor amazon cash were not to be bought with trade credit or gift cards, along with EBay, vanilla visa, Etc...

he said they updated the POS today

I will test personally tomorrow

(Bought a card yesterday) so this really intrigues me

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back