Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Another newbie question... So I received this 'birthday month coupon' discounting 20% off a preowned game.  Does anyone know from experience whether this stacks with Elite 20% discount?  36% or 40% in total discount?  Or not compatible at all?

It looks like the earlier prices on the pokemon stuff was a mistake.  Went by the store just after opening and they were much higher.

Not much for b2g1 boomerangs but BotW (Wii U), Spyro DotD (PS3), and JoJo's All Star (PS3) could net you $10+ profit (with a 40% preorder bonus) and a couple thousand PUR points. The only problem is b2g1 isn't stacking with 20% elite discount online yet. Good luck finding those 3 games at your local store.

Well thankfully they fixed the b2g1 stacking with elite quickly. And while GS->GS boomerangs aren't plentiful, I can attest there are some really good GS->AMZ movers. Like 6 games got me from $68->$104 (Hint: PS1 games)

Traded in my  launch PS4 in to GS for $200 and with a $50 reward certificate and $50 gift card I got off my Discover card rewards, I only paid $108 for a new Star Wars Battlefront 2 LE PS4 Pro. Feels good. With the finds I have had the last month ($399 clearance HP gaming desktop and $199 HP laptop bundle at Walmart and a Xbox One S Forza Bundle system for $140 because of the 30% cartwheel on top of the sale price of $200 at Target) I am on a roll. I paid for all 4 electronics what just the HP gaming tower would have cost regular price on its own.

Now if I could only find a Xbox One X for $200. LOL

Well thankfully they fixed the b2g1 stacking with elite quickly. And while GS->GS boomerangs aren't plentiful, I can attest there are some really good GS->AMZ movers. Like 6 games got me from $68->$104 (Hint: PS1 games)
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. lol

Unfortunately they are the same old ones that are always good to trade in. Many of the best GS to AMZ movers are out of stock sadly.

Traded in my launch PS4 in to GS for $200 and with a $50 reward certificate and $50 gift card I got off my Discover card rewards, I only paid $108 for a new Star Wars Battlefront 2 LE PS4 Pro. Feels good. With the finds I have had the last month ($399 clearance HP gaming desktop and $199 HP laptop bundle at Walmart and a Xbox One S Forza Bundle system for $140 because of the 30% cartwheel on top of the sale price of $200 at Target) I am on a roll. I paid for all 4 electronics what just the HP gaming tower would have cost regular price on its own.

I searched for weeks for that damn HP gaming computer. Couldn’t find it anywhere.

I searched for weeks for that damn HP gaming computer. Couldn’t find it anywhere.
All the ones around me were gone within 2-3 days. The HP laptop bundle was gone just as quick. Luckily I was aware of these items the first day or so. Now if I could just find all those 3 cent games at Walmart.

WTF is going on with GS. Not that i'm complaining. It's a good thing for me. First it wouldn't give me the elite discount and then once I refreshed it gave it to me for all the items in the B2G1 free. These are the only decent flips for GS to AZ

R3hMsa8.png

Did anyone confirm this is online only? I don't want to wake up early tomorrow afternoon before work to find out I can't get any ps3 action for cheap in store. 

Question about GameStop auto-issuing $5 coupons. Mine expired in december since it was only active for 5 days,then expired. Anything I can do to get my coupon?

Also about saving trade in amount for later,it says it expires at end of day. Does it mean literally today at 12 or for 24 hours?

Planning on trading in WWE 2k18 for $20 + $10 via 50% extra trade in promo they have.

Question about GameStop auto-issuing $5 coupons. Mine expired in december since it was only active for 5 days,then expired. Anything I can do to get my coupon?

Also about saving trade in amount for later,it says it expires at end of day. Does it mean literally today at 12 or for 24 hours?

Planning on trading in WWE 2k18 for $20 + $10 via 50% extra trade in promo they have.
They have a 50% promo going on? Only thing I see on the website is 40% extra towards a preorder.

You should try calling customer service. They should be able to give you the points back.

It means at 12.

What 50% promo?

WTF is going on with GS. Not that i'm complaining. It's a good thing for me. First it wouldn't give me the elite discount and then once I refreshed it gave it to me for all the items in the B2G1 free. These are the only decent flips for GS to AZ
R3hMsa8.png
Keep an eye on Jersey Devil for PS1. $16 w/ elite (~$11 after b2g1) and Amazon was giving $17.11 for it.

Anyone refresh my memory about using certs?  I know that you can use different denominations in a single transactions (ie $25+$10+5). But is there a limit on the number of the same amounts you can do in different transactions in a day?   Basically looking at the best way to use certs to purchase 3 $40 new games today.  Would love to do $25+$15 three times today, but I remember something about a 3 cert limit/day.  Is that 3 certs total a day or three $25 certs and three $15 certs a day?

Traded in my launch PS4 in to GS for $200 and with a $50 reward certificate and $50 gift card I got off my Discover card rewards, I only paid $108 for a new Star Wars Battlefront 2 LE PS4 Pro. Feels good. With the finds I have had the last month ($399 clearance HP gaming desktop and $199 HP laptop bundle at Walmart and a Xbox One S Forza Bundle system for $140 because of the 30% cartwheel on top of the sale price of $200 at Target) I am on a roll. I paid for all 4 electronics what just the HP gaming tower would have cost regular price on its own.

Mind if I ask how you got $200 for your launch PS4? I have one as well, and it's coming up as $120 TiV + $50 promotion according to their website.

Here's a few more GS to Amazon movers, these prices are after b2g1 adjustments.

Mario strikers $20->$25.97
Scooby Doo night of 100 frights $4->6.65
Kirby air ride $17->23.98
Spyro the dragon $11.40->17.11

Mind if I ask how you got $200 for your launch PS4? I have one as well, and it's coming up as $120 TiV + $50 promotion according to their website.
It is the $170 if you just trade it in regularly. But if you put it towards a PS4 Pro, it goes up to $200 TIV once the new Pro system is rung up.

Here's a few more GS to Amazon movers, these prices are after b2g1 adjustments.

Mario strikers $20->$25.97
Scooby Doo night of 100 frights $4->6.65
Kirby air ride $17->23.98
Spyro the dragon $11.40->17.11
You would be taking a risk by trading in Kirby Air Ride. The listing is using the European box art for the $23.98 TIV. YMMV if Amazon accepts them.

You would be taking a risk by trading in Kirby Air Ride. The listing is using the European box art for the $23.98 TIV. YMMV if Amazon accepts them.
Just a datapoint - I did get two disc only copies of the Luigi's Mansion European off-listing accepted last year, so I'd say it's worth the risk for anyone looking to trade the kirbys in

It is the $170 if you just trade it in regularly. But if you put it towards a PS4 Pro, it goes up to $200 TIV once the new Pro system is rung up.
Oh snap, I didn't realize that. Any idea when this would expire? I might do this trade in towards a Pro on Tuesday then.

I hadn't noticed than, and you're right. I've never tried testing their acceptance of NA discs on PAL listed games. Hell, I don't even want to try trading in Pokemon games with their track record or denying legit games. (FireRed would also be a really good mover if someone wasn't worried about wasting their time.)

I hadn't noticed than, and you're right. I've never tried testing their acceptance of NA discs on PAL listed games. Hell, I don't even want to try trading in Pokemon games with their track record or denying legit games. (FireRed would also be a really good mover if someone wasn't worried about wasting their time.)
I can confirm doing Luigi Mansion NA for a PAL trade in actually going through. It was by mistake but both discs went through no problem.

I've got the 1tb blops console to trade but I can't for the life of me get a gs employee to give me a correct tiv for it towards a pro. They act like they've never heard of the promo and won't even try it in a transaction ffs

Is gamestop acting weird for anyone else? Can't get anything to load and keep getting errors.

Also i though gamestop offered free shipping after $35?

Went to $50 before tax and still no free shipping option. I'm not a pro member.

Says 2/2/18 - 2/3/18 for B2G1 Retro/etc., but do the sales end at a certain time? Not seeing a discount in cart. It was around 11:45pm Mountain Time when I decided to check this thread lol. I'm assuming deals end at midnight EST then?

Says 2/2/18 - 2/3/18 for B2G1 Retro/etc., but do the sales end at a certain time? Not seeing a discount in cart. It was around 11:45pm Mountain Time when I decided to check this thread lol. I'm assuming deals end at midnight EST then?
Midnight central time is when deals go dead. Pretty much on the dot.

Is gamestop acting weird for anyone else? Can't get anything to load and keep getting errors.

Also i though gamestop offered free shipping after $35?
Went to $50 before tax and still no free shipping option. I'm not a pro member.
Pretty sure you have to be an Elite member to get the free shipping on orders over $35. Might just be pro though.

Am I misinformed about what Elite membership is supposed to do, or is this backwards?  I saved Final Fantasy X-X2 HD and Doom for PS4 to my saved trades and these are the values it lists, respectively:

ELITE
PRO

$6.00*
Trade Credit Value

$4.80*
Trade Cash Value

REGULAR

$7.00*
Trade Credit Value

$5.60*
Trade Cash Value

ELITE
PRO

$8.40*
Trade Credit Value

$6.72*
Trade Cash Value

REGULAR

$10.00*
Trade Credit Value

$8.00*
Trade Cash Value

Am I misinformed about what Elite membership is supposed to do, or is this backwards? I saved Final Fantasy X-X2 HD and Doom for PS4 to my saved trades and these are the values it lists, respectively:

ELITE
PRO​

$6.00*

Trade Credit Value

$4.80*
Trade Cash Value

REGULAR​

$7.00*
Trade Credit Value

$5.60*
Trade Cash Value

ELITE
PRO​

$8.40*

Trade Credit Value

$6.72*
Trade Cash Value

REGULAR​

$10.00*
Trade Credit Value

$8.00*
Trade Cash Value
Clear em out & resave.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS4 preowned is a good GS -> BB mover for Elite/GCU. $30.39 elite preowned price and BB is giving $30 base (+10% for GCU members).

Xbox one version would also work except seems that preowned don't exist for Xbox.

Good to see people posting deals and flips instead of keeping secret lists. it's great seeing how CAG is recovering from the madness of last year. Keep up the good work fellas!

On topic, yeah the app has some discrepancies on trade values. I recommend that you always do a fresh search instead of refreshing your saved trades list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back