Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS4 preowned is a good GS -> BB mover for Elite/GCU. $30.39 elite preowned price and BB is giving $30 base (+10% for GCU members).

Xbox one version would also work except seems that preowned don't exist for Xbox.
I'm not getting the 10% bonus. I signed in with my email for my best buy account.

Wait, can more than one system be applied to the PS4 Pro trade-in deal? Two OG PS4s would make the Pro free.
Most likely not, unless you get an employee willing to trade one in towards the purchase, return that purchase, and then let you trade the scond console towards the purchase.

Kinda lame that the XB1 CoD: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition trades in for less than MW Remastered ($6 vs $15.60). The Legacy Edition for the XB1 (not PS4) comes with both IW and MWR on one disc (the latter being a licensed download that starts automatically after inserting).

I hope I don't ever get trade banned. Gonna look like this kid while everyone is celebrating the next 60% promotion

cmp54j05uae01.gif

Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS4 preowned is a good GS -> BB mover for Elite/GCU. $30.39 elite preowned price and BB is giving $30 base (+10% for GCU members).

Xbox one version would also work except seems that preowned don't exist for Xbox.
Thanks for posting this. Found a couple copies at my local store tonight. For some reason the xbox version is still listed at 54.99 in their system which is interesting. If i had to guess they are probably sitting on a shitload of the PS4 copies which is why they are listed cheaper.

fuckin hate gamestop pick up. Went to pick up 1tb hdd for $40,got email ready for pickup. Head to gamestop and they can't find it,then they offer me $100 2tb. Just say no and tell him thanks for looking for it atleast and leave.

Never doing pick up again, had this happen before with a game and they never had it.

fuckin hate gamestop pick up. Went to pick up 1tb hdd for $40,got email ready for pickup. Head to gamestop and they can't find it,then they offer me $100 2tb. Just say no and tell him thanks for looking for it atleast and leave.

Never doing pick up again, had this happen before with a game and they never had it.
GameStop is, overall, a terribly run company keeping itself afloat via high margin pawnshop sales.

Bad resource management, inadequate training, non-existent quality control, and black hole customer service.

Does anyone know if you can trade in two consoles and get the $50 bonus on each? Wanting to trade in a One S and a PS4 Slim to pick up a Pro.

Does anyone know if you can trade in two consoles and get the $50 bonus on each? Wanting to trade in a One S and a PS4 Slim to pick up a Pro.
I would also like the answer for this. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I don't see why not. Worst case you can't trade them both at the same time so it would take two transactions, but I doubt that is necessary.

It Is pretty funny how many switch games they 'can't find' during sales.
This happened to me last month. Did a pre-owned hold on mk8 and it was approved, get there and the guy says they haven't seen a copy in weeks. He even blamed the other associate for approving it but when he walked in he also denied it. So I guess game holds approve themselves now?

This happened to me last month. Did a pre-owned hold on mk8 and it was approved, get there and the guy says they haven't seen a copy in weeks. He even blamed the other associate for approving it but when he walked in he also denied it. So I guess game holds approve themselves now?
According to this one associate I talked to when they didn’t have the controller that I put a hold on in stock the computer automatically approves a hold within a set amount of time if an associate doesn’t go through and manually declines them. This was during the Black Friday weekend so they were pretty swamped. Nobody knew anything about the stuff I put on hold till I asked even though I got the emails approving it earlier in the day.

Tried putting a hold on Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita) and they were unable to complete the request. Of course I had no issues finding it when I picked up Utawarerumono:Mask of Deception (Vita) the next day.

Traditionally, for these type of trade ins bonuses, you've had to do two transactions meaning you'd have to buy 2 PS4 pro's. I don't recall at any time you've been able to stack console $xx (fixed dollar amount) bonuses to buy one. To get around this, you'd need to do the two transactions and on a later day, return one of the PS4 pros and get your credit back.

I can confirm the system will not pump up the price on 2 systems trade in on 1 transaction. I tried to trade in a launch Xbox one and Launch PS4. Took the PS4 from 170 to 200. Xbox one stayed at 115.

Xbox One launch system is worth 150 with bonus.

Anybody know what is the difference between the two PUR Elite pro upgrades in the rewards center?

First one is: PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership[A $29.99 value]

Second one is: PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership POS Coupon.

The first one has more details but the second one doesn't. I'm assuming the second one is for gifts?

Anybody know what is the difference between the two PUR Elite pro upgrades in the rewards center?

First one is: PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership[A $29.99 value]
Second one is: PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership POS Coupon.

The first one has more details but the second one doesn't. I'm assuming the second one is for gifts?
I think one you sign up for elite online the other you go into store and sign you up with a coupon.

I can confirm the system will not pump up the price on 2 systems trade in on 1 transaction. I tried to trade in a launch Xbox one and Launch PS4. Took the PS4 from 170 to 200. Xbox one stayed at 115.

Xbox One launch system is worth 150 with bonus.
Did you just take the $115 for the launch Xbox or if you got the full $150 how did you get around it?

Thanks so much for this. Does anyone have any other GS to BB flips? I have over $300 in GS credit and really want some free airpods lol

The current CEO of GameStop had stepped down due to health concerns and has been replaced from within the company.

http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw0-mJ0jc

This may not mean anything, but I have yet to see a new boss step in and not leave their mark by making changes. Only time will tell.

The current CEO of GameStop had stepped down due to health concerns and has been replaced from within the company.
http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw0-mJ0jc

This may not mean anything, but I have yet to see a new boss step in and not leave their mark by making changes. Only time will tell.
This seems more scary to me then optimistic. I can’t imagine leaving the mark means doubling down on used games.

I really like buying used. I am not sure how much gaming I’ll be doing if there wasn’t a used option. I guess that’s when I’ll get through the back log

I was thinking of loading up on Xbox dollars with my PowerUp Rewards points but I was curious — do these have an expiration date like if you got Xbox dollars with Microsoft points?

Mine was sealed[attachment=29455:34BA4EA2-DD63-4AC2-B9DC-3C56765565F8.jpeg][attachment=29456:B27D0C01-7728-4A86-891D-7E9C2C5460F5.jpeg]

yes, star fox new copies are being sold used. i tried to take 3 used singles though, but they had LOTS of sealed "used" copies they tried to give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back