Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who has only become a regular customer of GameStop w/in the past few months, what are the Pro Day deals like? I've never bothered to check to see what they were in the past, but now that I'm Elite, just curious as to what kinds of things they do. Thanks.
Usually, they have some decent games on sale, but it's usually stuff that Best Buy has already had on sale for less. I don't believe anything has been posted on what is on sale this weekend yet though. I'll definitely stop in and check it out though. Would like to get some deals on some games I need to pick up still like Danganrompa 1&2 on PS4, but I haven't seen that around recently so I doubt that will be something I find on sale.

Funny. :)

And I guess the [customspoiler='Florida Trash']
photo-145893.png
[/customspoiler] needs to have people fight his "battles" for him?
My man chandler bong is an open forum thug. Watch out folks

Didn't realize Xbox One S 1TB bundles were dropped to 250. Def trading in my OG Xbox One to upgrade to a 1tb S bundle with Assassin's Creed for a hundred bucks. 

I would save for an X but I already own a PS4 Pro and the smaller form factor is a big selling point for me. 

Didn't realize Xbox One S 1TB bundles were dropped to 250. Def trading in my OG Xbox One to upgrade to a 1tb S bundle with Assassin's Creed for a hundred bucks.

I would save for an X but I already own a PS4 Pro and the smaller form factor is a big selling point for me.
Surprisingly, the X is smaller than the S. It does weigh more though.

Wonder when we will get confirmation on the X deal for Gs.

Is pro day in-store only or is it online as well? I hope they offer some B2G1
Not sure if it's in store only but the last Pro day in November didn't have a B2G1 sale. But I'm also hoping they do this time around because there's a few games I want to pick up.

150$ for a vcr xbox was too good to pass up (already have an s and x). I guess that digital copy of kinect sports rivals I never played and 2 kinects I have are officially useless.

150$ for a vcr xbox was too good to pass up (already have an s and x). I guess that digital copy of kinect sports rivals I never played and 2 kinects I have are officially useless.
Kinect was one of the things that made me change my mind about trading in my OG Xbox. I still have copies of Kinect Sports Rivals and Shape Up in my backlog. And the fact that everyone says that the S is only a marginal step up from the original was the other.

Kinect was one of the things that made me change my mind about trading in my OG Xbox. I still have copies of Kinect Sports Rivals and Shape Up in my backlog. And the fact that everyone says that the S is only a marginal step up from the original was the other.
Part of the reason I am holding on to mine as well. If I could sell mine for enough to make it worth my while to upgrade to the One X I would, but I would have to be able to get the One X for $200 or less, which isn't going to happen with an OG Xbox One. I also really like the look of my White XBone.

Never really paid attention to cash trade values. But as they are 20% less than trade credit value, do the cash values take a bump when TIV gets a bump?

Went to Gamestop, traded in my Xbox One OG with no hassle for 150, but the Assassin's Creed Xbox One S bundle they had was obviously bought and returned after someone had used the codes (they had used packing tape to cover the seals that were cut). Clerk was cool about returning it and ordered me another bundle off the website.

Either way, ~100 bucks to upgrade my old VCR unit to something smaller with a copy of AC:O to boot, pretty good deal to me. 

What’s the maximum number of copies you can trade in of the same game without being flagged?  I believe it’s 3 copies per account, but wanted to confirm before I go nuts on the redbox trade ins.

I think for average folks, yes I'd agree. But who among us CAGs pays that $300 cash out of pocket? You can do the same with $150 (or less) with minimal effort with flips and trade promos going on all the time (including this very moment). I turned $135 cash into $75 GS credit and $225 BB credit and will end up with another $30-$40 in reward certs just in a couple of hours this weekend. That's not to brag, just to reinforce that you don't have to pay face value at these stores for your items if you know how.

Would that deal be worth it for $150 out of pocket, plus any certs back after trading and buying it? It would to me if I didn't already have an X.
How are you able to get flip for BB credit?

I'd be all over this if my OG White Xbox One traded in for more than a measly $65 in credit. Since I got a PS4 Pro I have barely touched my Xbox One. I basically only have turned it on in the last year to watch TV since my Cable box is hooked up to the Xbox One. The only game I really played and purchased for the system in 2017 was Cuphead too.

If I had the X though I would likely buy and play games on my Xbox One again because I prefer the controller to PS4 and feel like with having a 4K TV I am missing out by not having a One X.
Your og xbox nets you $150 right now, but it ends today. I have done 2 trade ins of them. It doesnt show in the console trade cvalue but in the ad.

Just FYI a few of you asked if the PS4 trade in works with the 1tb slim and it does. I just traded in my Black Friday 1tb ps4 and got the $200 in trade credit.

Funny. :)

And I guess the [customspoiler='Florida Trash']
photo-145893.png
[/customspoiler] needs to have people fight his "battles" for him?
Excuse me? He's not even in this conversation yet your trying to what, bait him into it? No one here is trying to battle with you, looking at your previous posts it's so obvious that anyone who disagrees with you either gets the posts removed or banned. Funny that you can say anything you want. Try not to asks questions if your going to be so obnoxious then. Thanks, but not really.

Excuse me? He's not even in this conversation yet your trying to what, bait him into it? No one here is trying to battle with you, looking at your previous posts it's so obvious that anyone who disagrees with you either gets the posts removed or banned. Funny that you can say anything you want. Try not to asks questions if your going to be so obnoxious then. Thanks, but not really.
It’s like he’s going power-crazy. It’s pretty funny really. People are trying to flip and he’s over here trying to control the conversation because mom didn’t make his favorite meatloaf.

Didn't see if anyone noticed, but looks like Gamestop is offering Nintendo eshop credit through Poweruprewards. 5,500 for $5 and 11,000 for $10. A little cheaper than xbox or ps credit, so that's nice.

You're right, I apologize, I must have been mistaken.

It’s like he’s going power-crazy. It’s pretty funny really. People are trying to flip and he’s over here trying to control the conversation because mom didn’t make his favorite meatloaf.
Joke's on you! My mom died a long time ago!

Haven’t been tracking the GS thread much lately...Redbox is cleared out in my area. RIP spreadsheet. Guess we'll have to wait to see what the Pro Day brings this weekend.

Does anyone know if the vr would get the 25% system bonus ? When searching the tiv itsnunder consoles so makes me wonder

Been too busy to hit up the Redboxes in my area and no doubt values drop when I actually have time tomorrow. Probably for the best though, to maximize their potential I'd have to hit up 16 Redboxes and 4+ GameStops and I don't know if I have the energy for that. Flip potential was amazing but it can't be helped I guess.

Even with the potential $50 discount, $50 gift card, and free game I feel like the Xbox One X isn't worth trading in an X1S + $300. But I still feel like im missing out if I don't do it.
I have an X1X with a 1080 TV. I’m happy with my purchase.

I went from a machine that struggled with frame rates and getting 1080 (tbf, the PS4 struggles with frame rates as well) to a much more powerful machine that will play games at their full frame rate, offer a 60 fps mode, or give a nice boost in IQ (albeit not as nice w/o a 4K tv). You’ll also start to notice that newer games are now really really struggling on the OG X1 models (monster hunter, kingdom, MGS, etc.).

If you care about any of this stuff, the X1X is a great upgrade especially if the Xbox is your main ecosystem.

Flipped some Redbox games today it amazes me how 1 GS can deny my trades, but the GS 5 mins down the road will accept them no problem. Guy didn’t have a problem with the redbox sticker but said there were scratches on the top of the game that affected the data as he was holding it up to the light. Wouldn’t add a refurb fee just flat out denied 4/5 games.
Was probably using that as an excuse to not directly accuse you of stealing. Any game $1 or higher base TIV is eligible to be traded with a refurb fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back