Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true, although I would prefer an extra controller, you can get pubg at cdkeys for $20 to 23.

GameStop lol
Il Probably go for the controller aswell and flip it back to them. I have no need for it plus I was one of the people that got a free game coupon so it's whatever I don't even know what pubg is or have a interest in it.

Thank you to those who posted about BF2. Had a leftover B2G1 and got my moneys worth from a GS nearby > BB.

I know the deal is dead since the price went back up, but a note though for the future: If you try to trade-in a Deluxe edition to BB of any game, they may decline the trade-in. I traded 6 total and 3 of them had the deluxe edition cover art, and the lady at the counter refused to take them as they had a different SKU than the regular edition. I explained that it was the same disc, but she still refused them since it wouldn't scan as the correct game. I had to go to a different BB, who took them no questions asked.
In the future, you can trade in just the game without the case, or just take the cover art out. The discs never mention "deluxe" on them. Cases aren't required at BB.

In the future, you can trade in just the game without the case, or just take the cover art out. The discs never mention "deluxe" on them. Cases aren't required at BB.
its a pick-your-poison situation. some clerks require boxes at best buy

BB customer service is a lot less used to trade ins than, say, a gamestop clerk. half of the ones ive had needed somebody else to come over and explain how to do it

its a pick-your-poison situation. some clerks require boxes at best buy

BB customer service is a lot less used to trade ins than, say, a gamestop clerk. half of the ones ive had needed somebody else to come over and explain how to do it
My best buy won't even take any trades from me unless I have a receipt showing it was purchased from a best buy....

My Best Buy will not also take games without the original box. Also the only flip from Gamestop to Best Buy I found was a link between worlds. Is 15.19 with elite and trades in for 15$ Best Buy

Checked the weekly ad and no love for the switch. Waiting for a bundle to go on sale or something. Fingers crossed for pro day but hopes aren't too high

Tempted to cash in all my points for a cheaper x1x and some games but I have a feeling that if I do we will see those half price certs again this year. Decisions decisions.

My coupon expires on 2/26 and says it will work with other offers. Edit- Actually it's all screwed up...you can't even get pubg if you want to get the controller deal also. Pubg expires the day before the controller deal starts...
That is true, although I would prefer an extra controller, you can get pubg at cdkeys for $20 to 23.

GameStop lol

Tempted to cash in all my points for a cheaper x1x and some games but I have a feeling that if I do we will see those half price certs again this year. Decisions decisions.
Even if you did, that will still give you a solid jump start on your new pile of points. I'm thinking 12K at least.

Also, I have a "free $60 game" X1X coupon I will not be using if anyone is interested.

As posted previously, if you use someone else’s personal code it likely will lead to a ban
do you know that for sure?

I really don't think they have a database with 460000 unique codes that are linked to a specific email or account number, and they can detect if that other account used the unique email. That is a lot of work.

That's why he said likely. Accounts have been banned in the past for doing so. Just letting you know that it is not risk free before everyone starts giving their codes out.
do we have proof?

we have users here saying that the manager give them their own code to use it, so I don't know, maybe they were banned for something else?

not hating on your or him, just being the devil's advocate

do we have proof?
we have users here saying that the manager give them their own code to use it, so I don't know, maybe they were banned for something else?

Managers have been fired for doing less than that so if true, that manager is a moron.

Yes, people have been banned for giving each other codes. Unless it's a generic ebc code, you shouldn't do it if you want to be safe. People can either follow that advice and experience or they can trade codes to their hearts content. Their fault if they get banned and their account and points deleted.

do you know that for sure?

I really don't think they have a database with 460000 unique codes that are linked to a specific email or account number, and they can detect if that other account used the unique email. That is a lot of work.
SQL databases (or Oracle, DB2, TeraData, etc.) are a large corporations best friend.

do we have proof?

Up to each person how they want to handle the situation. Let us know if you worked for you. I personally would not take that chance

A friend did give me a code, but I will not use it. not worth the risk. thanks for the heads up.
I’ll take the code

I’ve used codes before and have been just fine

I really do believe it’s stolen reward cents that will get you in trouble (EBay)

I’ll take the code

I’ve used codes before and have been just fine

I really do believe it’s stolen reward cents that will get you in trouble (EBay)
Adding on to the possible risk or no risk (you decide), I though people mentioned both accounts, giver and user, got banned.

I could remember wrong or it could only maybe be certain types. I, myself, would not use a friends code or give it out.

Adding on to the possible risk or no risk (you decide), I though people mentioned both accounts, giver and user, got banned.

I could remember wrong or it could only maybe be certain types. I, myself, would not use a friends code or give it out.
From my experience and from people I know inside the corporation it only works one way it’s just the person using the code IF they decide to penalize you

the owner of the code is fine

How long is the trade in deal for Dualshock 4s going to be running? I need to get that crystal DS4 as my glacier white is starting to act up.

Curious if the DS4 deal stacks with pro/elite or if it's just $30 no matter what. If you have elite, the tiv is already $30 so that'd make it pointless.

Curious if the DS4 deal stacks with pro/elite or if it's just $30 no matter what. If you have elite, the tiv is already $30 so that'd make it pointless.
In the past you we've gotten the guaranteed amount plus the additional % of the base trade in price. So you would get $35 if your elite of $32.50 if your pro.

In the past you we've gotten the guaranteed amount plus the additional % of the base trade in price. So you would get $35 if your elite of $32.50 if your pro.
that would be a good deal, although my controller looks and function like new (but it is the old version).

Is the newer version worth the money?

When are they going to announce the Pro Day deals? It's all over their website but it just links to signing up to be a pro member.

How long is the trade in deal for Dualshock 4s going to be running? I need to get that crystal DS4 as my glacier white is starting to act up.
Assuming you're talking about the promo in the Weekly Ad, it says that the promo is for the Steel Black or Midnight Blue colors.

I am debating on this DualShock 4 trade deal now. I have three DS4s currently all work fine and one of them is the newer model that came with my Pro. I am trying to decide if it is worth it for me to trade in one of my controllers for the deal. I have some credit right now too so it would only cost me like $15 out of pocket. Really wish the promo was for more than $30 though. Being a CAG I wouldn't hesitate if they were giving a guaranteed $40. 

Bummer, I’ve been following along and was looking to upgrade. I waited to trade my X1S, for better or worse, but I guess now it’s for the better

Anyone else think it seems kind of backwards? Like wouldn't you want to advertise sales ASAP to entice people to upgrade. smh
no, because it can cause people to horde games that will be on sale to do return/rebuys. It becomes a mess.

I am debating on this DualShock 4 trade deal now. I have three DS4s currently all work fine and one of them is the newer model that came with my Pro. I am trying to decide if it is worth it for me to trade in one of my controllers for the deal. I have some credit right now too so it would only cost me like $15 out of pocket. Really wish the promo was for more than $30 though. Being a CAG I wouldn't hesitate if they were giving a guaranteed $40.
Someone posted earlier in the thread and said in the past they gave you the promo amount plus the additional % for elite and pro, being Elite would get you $35 for the DS4. Which sweetens the deal imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back