Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bummed about gamestops no longer carrying retro stuff in store.

It was really nice to see the quality, and if it had the case on purchase.

Also extra bummed because my friend  told me they had a bunch of great stuff coming off of trade hold soon :cry:

Edit: Plus now I have nothing I really want to spend all those certs on

Yea that's what I don't understand is that you say it's just the local laws that require best buy to only accept games purchased from them. But I can trade to target, gamestop, walmart, and pawn shops with just a ID in the same city/state.

Someone posted earlier in the thread and said in the past they gave you the promo amount plus the additional % for elite and pro, being Elite would get you $35 for the DS4. Which sweetens the deal imo.

Someone should do this and post. It’d save some people some time. For $35, I’d trade in my extra controller which came with my OG PS4

Ok, I was just saying if you do still have possession of a BF2 you can still get $30 at BB. Didn't know about the $30 price at GS. Thank you for the info
Why would you say “not dead” without even verifying first? At least elaborate a little bit if you are going to disagree with someone that’s trying to be helpful.

The lady at gamestop today said that they will have buy 2 get 1 free on Saturday. Wondering if to stock up with the switch games to buy, return for the 2 get 1 free and trade them in for 50%.

The lady at gamestop today said that they will have buy 2 get 1 free on Saturday. Wondering if to stock up with the switch games to buy, return for the 2 get 1 free and trade them in for 50%.
Buy 2 get 1 free this usually include systems or strictly games only?

Last prestige day I was denied a return rebuy on the grounds that the deal was 'too good' so ymmv on this (even though it shouldn't be an issue). GameStop gonna GameStop

Last prestige day I was denied a return rebuy on the grounds that the deal was 'too good' so ymmv on this (even though it shouldn't be an issue). GameStop gonna GameStop
lame, my GSs don't care. They know I drive around to find bundles of 3 then do a mass return/rebuy regularly. I rotate the stores so they don't get "hit" by returns. Don't know if that's an issue anymore but rotate it around anyways.

I wouldn’t count on a B2G1. GameStop replied to someone on twitter saying they should get their pro membership now so they will have a B2G1 to use on pro day. Probably wouldn’t have said that if there was going to be one.

I doubt we are going to get one too. I have looked st that past pro days and none have the B2G1
I wouldn’t count on a B2G1. GameStop replied to someone on twitter saying they should get their pro membership now so they will have a B2G1 to use on pro day. Probably wouldn’t have said that if there was going to be one.

I've had a girl tell me she recommends I renew my card for a b2g1 while there was already one going on at the time, haha. I was also told by 2 stores that there would be a b2g1 this weekend, but I don't believe a word of it until it actually happens. A lot of them will tell you anything to get those good numbers.

Some of what the pro day prices will be are showing up on gamestop site. I dont see anything so far that i would be interested in.

I was considering renewing regardless, just for the B2G1 coupon. Might go ahead and get the elite pro. I need to get me some switch games that I refuse to pay full price for or even GCU price for. mario kart, pokken and xeno chronicles

Hmmmm...might get XCOM 2 for $20. I didn't get NieR: Automata for the same price on BF since I was just gonna add it to the backlog. That's still the same if I pick it up now. I guess I should just sit on getting NieR: Automata and wait for BF.

Hmmmm...might get XCOM 2 for $20. I didn't get NieR: Automata for the same price on BF since I was just gonna add it to the backlog. That's still the same if I pick it up now. I guess I should just sit on NieR: Automata.

EDIT: If I had a B2G1 coupon to use on Pro Day, would that stack on the 30% or is the 10% bonus off a separate promo coded for Pro Day? I assume the latter, but wanted to ask.
$20 for Xcom 2 digital does sound intriguing.

Also, is $25 the lowest price for Nier: Automata?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back