Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
40% off board games could pan out to some nice deals, depending on if it stacks with any clearanced out boards games.
My home store has the cake acquisition game on clearance for $37.50. If the 40% stacks then I might have to pull the trigger.

As someone who wants to play Sims 4, but doesn't have a PC that can do that, are the console versions completely terrible or for $25 is there some fun to be had?
I bought it on Black Friday for my wife and she seems to enjoy it. I haven't played it myself yet, but it seems fine on consoles. The PC version is obviously going to be the best way to play the game, but I don't think you'll find the console port unplayable by any means and I'd say $25 is worth it, it'll probably hold some decent trade value too since it's the only SIms game on current-gen consoles.

SQL databases (or Oracle, DB2, TeraData, etc.) are a large corporations best friend.
You would think if they were really smart they could just block it from working in the first place. If the code isn't associated with your account (like in the list of current offers) then it wouldn't work.

That said I don't chance it anymore. I did a few times in the past before I thought about and heard some people have been banned for using someone else's coupons.

Honestly, I don't know why we got our hopes up. GameStop has had the worst deals compared to bestbuy amaozon, Target even on black Friday. The only reason why I even shop there occasionally is because of the trade in deals, and that only happens once or twice a year. It had been almost 1 year since I had bought something from GameStop.
You don't know what you're talking about. GameStop actually had arguably the best Black Friday days for videogames along with Target. GCU didn't stack with Best Buy during Black Friday and Amazon was seriously meh.

You don't know what you're talking about. GameStop actually had arguably the best Black Friday days for videogames. GCU didn't stack with Best Buy during Black Friday and Amazon was seriously meh.
Even without GCU stacking I still think Best Buy had Gamestop beat on Black Friday, but I agree Gamestop had some really solid BF deals. This Pro Day sale doesn't even compare to what they had on BF though.

You don't know what you're talking about. GameStop actually had arguably the best Black Friday days for videogames along with Target. GCU didn't stack with Best Buy during Black Friday and Amazon was seriously meh.
GCU did stack for early members such as elite. I was able to get most games on BF with 20% off for example.

GameStop was pretty solid this year for BF I think. A PS4 1GB console for $199.99. The store by my parents still had them in stock right before closing on Thanksgiving. I almost bought one.

I did grab Shadow of War and Wolfenstein 2 for $25 each. IRC one game was the cheapest and the other was the close enough. Didn't have to go anywhere on BF.

$14 Injustice 2 as well.  But yes, I agree, Pro Day is a disappointment considering the hype.  I guess that's why there's 4 per year.

9a291f4f-fdca-4838-b52f-6e7b56c89b17_560_420.jpg

Have we all forgotten the Gamestop website performance on BF? I was lucky to get my copy of Wolfenstein 2 even though GS had 0 record of receiving my order or taking my money. I remember the anger here...

You would think if they were really smart they could just block it from working in the first place. If the code isn't associated with your account (like in the list of current offers) then it wouldn't work.

That said I don't chance it anymore. I did a few times in the past before I thought about and heard some people have been banned for using someone else's coupons.
Crosscheck would require integration with pos. Data used to ban accounts is theoretically stored/analyzed distinctly from live POS transactions, otherwise Bana would happen instantaneously.

But if they could integrate it would be possible to impose trade limits on a live basis instead of using bans. The system would just refuse to complete a trade when certain limits were reached. But this requires TSQL or the like. And as we've heard before their computer systems are old and underpowered.

9a291f4f-fdca-4838-b52f-6e7b56c89b17_560_420.jpg

Have we all forgotten the Gamestop website performance on BF? I was lucky to get my copy of Wolfenstein 2 even though GS had 0 record of receiving my order or taking my money. I remember the anger here...
Lol at depending on GameStop's website for anything including prepaid cards much less shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year.

Probably using my trade credit on RE 7 Gold, Has Been Heroes, and a used copy of Skyrim Switch.  Nier is a great price at $25 if you don't have GCU or have GS credit to burn.   

Crosscheck would require integration with pos. Data used to ban accounts is theoretically stored/analyzed distinctly from live POS transactions, otherwise Bana would happen instantaneously.

But if they could integrate it would be possible to impose trade limits on a live basis instead of using bans. The system would just refuse to complete a trade when certain limits were reached. But this requires TSQL or the like. And as we've heard before their computer systems are old and underpowered.
They can barely run a website so I would not be surprised if they can't do this. I know in the past BB coupons I have used in the past had 2 or 3 bar codes on it one of which was my membership ID. Not sure if it does any checking but should be trivial to scan the Membership ID card, and then scan the membership ID on the coupon and see they do not match and error out. Wouldn't require much to do that. Would be done at the POS terminal.

No idea if BB does that or not. Been a long time since I used BB coupon. Can you use someone else's BB coupon? Or does their system block it.

Well, I ended up opening the PS4 pro I got last weekend. I was holding off on opening it in case there was any deal going on with the pro day (which they won’t be having). Hooked it up, and am blown away from the 4k. Wow. Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 look like totally different games on 4k HDR than when I played them on 1080p with my OG PS4.

Hot damn, there is a difference.

They can barely run a website so I would not be surprised if they can't do this. I know in the past BB coupons I have used in the past had 2 or 3 bar codes on it one of which was my membership ID. Not sure if it does any checking but should be trivial to scan the Membership ID card, and then scan the membership ID on the coupon and see they do not match and error out. Wouldn't require much to do that. Would be done at the POS terminal.

No idea if BB does that or not. Been a long time since I used BB coupon. Can you use someone else's BB coupon? Or does their system block it.
At BB the myrewards certs are tied to an account. If you give them your phone number they will tell you have vets available and ask if you want to use them. Even if you don't mention they exist. So the myrewards system is tied into the POS.

At gamestop they have those tablets which are not tied into the POS. They can use those to look up any offers or certs you have available. But they have to transfer the info from the tablet to the POS. So I think they're 2 distinct systems. Now that most people have smart phones they've transferred that responsibility to us.

Probably using my trade credit on RE 7 Gold, Has Been Heroes, and a used copy of Skyrim Switch. Nier is a great price at $25 if you don't have GCU or have GS credit to burn.
I am considering trading my vanilla RE7 for the Gold Edition, but it looks like the trade value has dropped so it may not be worth it. I'd love to get Skryrim Switch for a good price though, can't bring myself to pay more than $25 for it though.

Ya GameStop had one of the better ads.. Best Buy gcu did not stack even with early access ppl are making stuff up and target was the best of them all.. Amazon was crap ...

So when I go in on Saturday to get the Xbox one x deal I need to also buy a pro membership to actually get the deal, Is this correct?

Oh wow these pro day deals are dreadful...most of them aren't even that great of "deals", and some of them are just the games being priced at what other retailers are selling them for.  Also, can we stop with this "$30 off GTA V!" bullshit, can we just join hands across the world and make this stop, Target and Walmart tried pulling the same thing, it came out in 2013, there's no reason to pretend it still should be at MSRP and you're doing us some favor by knocking half the price off.

OK. So this is not opening for me.
I failed as far as catching this yesterday.
For some reason I am really wanting to know what these crappy "deals" are.

EDIT:
NM. I got it to open in a different browser.

And yes, this is crap. Wasn't some of this cheaper last week?
A lot of hype for this?!? Oh well

Yeah some games are actually more expensive than on a normal sale. Agents of Mayhem was just $9.99 at GameStop a few weeks ago, now it will have the Pro price of $19.99.

Also, can we stop with this "$30 off GTA V!" bullshit, can we just join hands across the world and make this stop, Target and Walmart tried pulling the same thing, it came out in 2013, there's no reason to pretend it still should be at MSRP and you're doing us some favor by knocking half the price off.
Lmao, it’s been $30 for soooo long. I feel like if it ever drops to < $20 so many CAGs will be all over it. I myself have been playing the waiting game since beating it on 360 when it came out. Your move Take Two Interactive, your move...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back