Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao, it’s been $30 for soooo long. I feel like if it ever drops to < $20 so many CAGs will be all over it. I myself have been playing the waiting game since beating it on 360 when it came out. Your move Take Two Interactive, your move...
They still have their online playerbase so I get why they can get away with a bit more for it...but I'm so tired of all these stores acting like it's some huge deal. I was in Target and saw "$30 off!" with it at $29.99 and honestly, why. Just...make it $30. No one would buy it at $60 now, it's not exactly flying off the shelves, just stop it. It's like those shady salespeople that try to sell you something at full price but start out with a phrase like "for YOU my friend, I can make a deal!" No, fuck you, you're just charging me what it goes for.

Lmao, it’s been $30 for soooo long. I feel like if it ever drops to < $20 so many CAGs will be all over it. I myself have been playing the waiting game since beating it on 360 when it came out. Your move Take Two Interactive, your move...
Whenever it's $30 and includes the $1.25 million shark card, I always just sell the shark card for like $12 to offset the price.

But yeah, Take Two can suck it. After gave modders the finger, something that doesn't even affect them, I lost all respect for them.

They still have their online playerbase so I get why they can get away with a bit more for it...but I'm so tired of all these stores acting like it's some huge deal. I was in Target and saw "$30 off!" with it at $29.99 and honestly, why. Just...make it $30. No one would buy it at $60 now, it's not exactly flying off the shelves, just stop it. It's like those shady salespeople that try to sell you something at full price but start out with a phrase like "for YOU my friend, I can make a deal!" No, fuck you, you're just charging me what it goes for.
That sales tactic might actually be working because GTA V is regularly in the top 10 selling games according to the NPDs. I think it would sell regardless of what they priced it due to the phenomenon of its online component though. As long as people buy it, there's no reason to lower the price.

I honestly don't get the $30 off tactic either..

Meh, I got a 20% coupon for some reason. If I can use it to get Nier this weekend for $20 then that is not too bad. Overall the sale is not that great

Honestly, I don't know why we got our hopes up. GameStop has had the worst deals compared to bestbuy amaozon, Target even on black Friday. The only reason why I even shop there occasionally is because of the trade in deals, and that only happens once or twice a year. It had been almost 1 year since I had bought something from GameStop.
While usually true, Gamestop actually had better deals this last black friday than most other stores.

GS had a really good BF sale, Amazon was garbage, I don't think I bought one single thing, I couldn't even find a way to see the deals and I had all the links bookmarked beforehand...

Does anyone know if the 4 for 10 is still going on or did it end yet?

Same here. Traded in my day one PS4 for that $200 and unfortunately I missed that black Friday $200 deal. I am hoping a good deal comes up before BF 2018. Hopefully E3 or sooner.

GS had a really good BF sale, Amazon was garbage, I don't think I bought one single thing, I couldn't even find a way to see the deals and I had all the links bookmarked beforehand...

Yeah, this is true. The SL at my store gave me a $50 GC with PS4 Pro. He didn't give a damn. Got lucky with that one.

Its still going on. Just bought 32 games.Fingers crossed!

Received the majority of my games today from the 4 for $10 sale. Out of 31, 9 came with cases. Not the odds I was hoping for but understandable considering the age of both the Xbox 360 and PS3. For now I think I'll keep them and see if I can find other gamers to trade missing cases for. From here on out I may just try my luck at a brick and mortar.

Went HAM on the 4 for 10 because of the extra Elite bonus, ashamed to say how many sets I ordered (let's just say my backlog just exploded).  Most of the PS3 games so far are no box art, but for the price I'm okay with them being disposable rentals.  Great for easy platinum games like Hannah Montana, Megamind, both Heavy Fire, etc., especially if you're semi-subsidized with a quick supplemental boost to your Sony Rewards kickback credit for earning trophies.

Last edited by a moderator:
And now with recent commenters (at least one specifically) I’d suggest being very careful about specifics.

Someone has be IP address tracked to likely GS employee

Conspiracy or not. Keep an eye on what specifics are given and when that information has later become not useable.

And now with recent commenters (at least one specifically) I’d suggest being very careful about specifics.

Someone has be IP address tracked to likely GS employee

Conspiracy or not. Keep an eye on what specifics are given and when that information has later become not useable.
Lots of new users just randomly joining and being active in this thread.

Lots of new users just randomly joining and being active in this thread.
I know and that is awesome. Not really who I was thinking about.

Newer people dropping in and asking general questions and giving information has been going up. Even if information has already been posted, it shows people want to contribute.

Received the majority of my games today from the 4 for $10 sale. Out of 31, 9 came with cases. Not the odds I was hoping for but understandable considering the age of both the Xbox 360 and PS3. For now I think I'll keep them and see if I can find other gamers to trade missing cases for. From here on out I may just try my luck at a brick and mortar.
1/6 of my games have had a case. Im sure the other 10 games I have on the way will be no different. Probably just use them for RB trades.

The Pro Day preview email just went out, it says you will get an extra 20% traded in games,accesories, etc.

If I trade in my Dualshock 4 for the $30 guaranteed trade-in, will I get an additional 20% in value if I wait to do it Saturday Morning as opposed to this evening or will the two deals not stack?

The Pro Day preview email just went out, it says you will get an extra 20% traded in games,accesories, etc.

If I trade in my Dualshock 4 for the $30 guaranteed trade-in, will I get an additional 20% in value if I wait to do it Saturday Morning as opposed to this evening or will the two deals not stack?
but that does not stack with the 50% TIV for games that is going on, so it is better to just do it today if you are tradning games

but that does not stack with the 50% TIV for games that is going on, so it is better to just do it today if you are tradning games
What if I'm only trading in the controller? I don't really have many games I'm willing to trade-in after my big July 4th, 2017 trade-in haul.

Gamestop has a Buy 2 get 1 free on retro select games. Picked 3 games and it did not work. Maybe it is not active yet.
Just tried a bunch of games. Seems to only work on retro games on disc. Gave me this fine print during checkout:

"B2G1 Free Retro Discs - Buy 2 disc-based retro games (Gamecube, Dreamcast, PlayStation 1, Xbox Original, or Saturn), get 1 free! Some exclusions apply. Applicable to in-stock items ONLY. Offer valid 2/23/18 - 2/26/18. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice."

So now trade in bonus is 50%, while on pro-day is 30%......What the heck! oh well it's GS
Wait so will you get to choose which trade in bonus you want tomorrow or is it just the 30%? Was going to trade some games in tomorrow but now I’m not too sure.

Just keep in mind that if you trade in your entire stock of games today, tomorrow will be the first time the promos stack lol

Since the promos aren't gonna stack I would definitely trade in stuff today. Not worth the risk of them nuking the TIVs overnight imo

Yeah, this is true. The SL at my store gave me a $50 GC with PS4 Pro. He didn't give a damn. Got lucky with that one.
I think they were giving 2 free games and a $50 gift card with PS4 at mine, no idea if it was for the pro or not, but people were buying the free Xbox 360 and getting 2 free games with it. All of the gamestop's in my area are run well and have amazingly kind staff, dare I say its one of the best run retail stores in my area....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back