Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
So today if you have pro the 4 for 10 games come out to 6 dollars.

Just got 8 360 games that play on Xbox one for 13 shipped, including vanquish and entire mass effect trilogy

Argh... I didn't even think about my "$25 off any new GS item" coupon not working with something on sale for Pro Day...

At my local GS, I tried to get Madden 18 with the $25 off coupon so I could take it to BB for some credit there, and the coupon wouldn't work. The GS employee said that the point coupons don't work for items on sale for Pro Day...

So I guess the "$25 off any new item" is by corporate discretion...?
All of the Pro Day deals are listed as "Cannot be combined with any other offer" so from what I was told by the manager, the system will only apply whatever discount is more out of the two.

Can someone please post the games that are decent flips right now from Redbox? I know Darks Souls 3 is one of them, but I feel like there were a couple more...

Can someone please post the games that are decent flips right now from Redbox? I know Darks Souls 3 is one of them, but I feel like there were a couple more...
Buy prices are listed on redbox.com as are avaliable inventories at each box. There's also a red box thread on CAG. GameStop lists trade prices on website & app.

GameStop.com isn't listing pro day sale prices whatsoever.

Can anyone report if they lowered pre owned prices in sync with the New sale prices, like they did with Battlefront last week (and considering this sale is like 80% the same games)
What do you mean? Did you do a manual search, or did you click on the "Pro Day Sale" link from the main page? I'm seeing the pricing.

Did you make sure you're logged in?

Total waste of time this morning. Went to 3 stores, the first 2 claimed they had no idea about the scratch offs and never received any, third store claimed they were out 20 minutes after open despite there being no cars in the parking lot. Congrats to the people whose stores aren't completely incompetent!

Total waste of time this morning. Went to 3 stores, the first 2 claimed they had no idea about the scratch offs and never received any, third store claimed they were out 20 minutes after open despite there being no cars in the parking lot. Congrats to the people whose stores aren't completely incompetent!
This is what makes me hesitant. I can't imagine there's that may PUR/Elite people, and it makes me wonder if they're hoarding them.

Hasn't snowed in over 2 months here... then BAM. Not sure it's worth going out, and not sure whether the verdict is out on whether the website is processing orders, so boned either way it looks like.

Yea looks like the pro day discount for used games isnt working online for my Cart. I guess I will venture out to a few stores later

So website isn't offering 2 day shipping, even if order is over $35, but is offering free value shipping. :bomb:  

Order went through though and got email confirmation, so there's that.

It looks like GS is starting to roll out emailed receipts.  Currently they have to type in your email address, so if yours is big and long like mine then ask them to copy/paste the email address from the PUR info.

Having my receipts in my Inbox will drastically increase the chances of me filling out the survey.  Be warned though - the data necessary to fill out the survey (Associate ID, Feedback ID) won't auto-populate when you click on the survey link in the email.  That's a little bit of a pain when you're on your phone.

Just to re-iterate what some people said in the last 20-ish posts:

DO NOT use certs to buy discounted games.  What happens is as follows:

*Used games*

Cert amount(s) is subtracted from the FULL used game price.  NOT the ELITE/PRO prices.  Pro/Elite Discount given off of remainder

[example]

Mario Odyssey=55 used/44Elite

Apply $45 in certificates ($25cert+$15cert+$5cert).  One would think as an Elite, you would be wasting $1 value in certs ($44-45=-1)...but you are not using GameStop Math!

The Certs apply against the FULL used price!

55-25-15-5=$10 OWED - 2 (20%Elite discount) = $8 due

*New, but DISCOUNTED games*

[example]

BattleFront 2 is on sale for $30 today (50% off).

Use a $25 cert (expected to pay only $5 after cert)

BF2 =$60 FULL price

60(msrp)-25cert=35  ---> $35-17.50(50% off)=$17.50due

I had to bitch & moan to get my $12.50 back from that shady GStop math.  I was even given the "I'll give it back to you this time" crap too.  Employees NEED TO WARN customer on wasting certs.  Even if you read the certificate fine print, nothing states is comes off of full price.  It does say it CAN combine with other offers.

It looks like GS is starting to roll out emailed receipts. Currently they have to type in your email address, so if yours is big and long like mine then ask them to copy/paste the email address from the PUR info.

Having my receipts in my Inbox will drastically increase the chances of me filling out the survey. Be warned though - the data necessary to fill out the survey (Associate ID, Feedback ID) won't auto-populate when you click on the survey link in the email. That's a little bit of a pain when you're on your phone.
I've always wanted the QR codes to do autopopulating of the employee & transaction ID fields.

I've done so many of those surveys that I just have to type a "w" into the address bar of chrome and it autocompletes www.tellgamestop.com.

DO NOT use certs to buy discounted games. What happens is as follows:

*Used games*
Cert amount(s) is subtracted from the FULL used game price. NOT the ELITE/PRO prices. Pro/Elite Discount given off of remainder
[example]
Apply $45 in certificates ($25cert+$15cert+$5cert). One would think as an Elite, you would be wasting $1 value in certs ($44-45=-1)...but you are not using GameStop Math!

[example]
BF2 =$60 FULL price
60(msrp)-25cert=35 ---> $35-17.50(50% off)=$17.50due

I had to bitch & moan to get my $12.50 back from that shady GStop math. I was even given the "I'll give it back to you this time" crap too. Employees NEED TO WARN customer on wasting certs. Even if you read the certificate fine print, nothing states is comes off of full price. It does say it CAN combine with other offers.
I don't think most employees know. Half of them didn't even know pro day was coming up. They don't know what deals are available. I'm lucky my home store has some solid people working there.

So website isn't offering 2 day shipping, even if order is over $35, but is offering free value shipping. :bomb:

Order went through though and got email confirmation, so there's that.
I did get 2 day shipping for free on two orders this week. But they were placed prior to pro day.

*Used games*
Cert amount(s) is subtracted from the FULL used game price. NOT the ELITE/PRO prices. Pro/Elite Discount given off of remainder
[example]
Apply $45 in certificates ($25cert+$15cert+$5cert). One would think as an Elite, you would be wasting $1 value in certs ($44-45=-1)...but you are not using GameStop Math!

[example]
BF2 =$60 FULL price

I had to bitch & moan to get my $12.50 back from that shady GStop math. I was even given the "I'll give it back to you this time" crap too. Employees NEED TO WARN customer on wasting certs. Even if you read the certificate fine print, nothing states is comes off of full price. It does say it CAN combine with other offers.
I don't think most employees know. Half of them didn't even know pro day was coming up. They don't know what deals are available. I'm lucky my home store has some solid people working there.

MvC, M18, WIINC, NBA18 are all good movers. Lose a bit on MvC, but make it up with the others. Essentially 1:1, but BB credit is a lot more versatile than GS credit so prolly worth it.
thanks. are you buying these new or does it have to be used with a b2g1free? i am not at store yet so i can't view the in store gamestop prices.

and i understand the gamestop.com pro day prices are wrong?

Had to ask at all 3 stores, most employees had to ask the manager about them.

Add me to the list of people not seeing any sale prices

I'm signed in on the site on my laptop and phone and don't see anything on sale

thanks. are you buying these new or does it have to be used with a b2g1free? i am not at store yet so i can't view the in store gamestop prices.

and i understand the gamestop.com pro day prices are wrong?
Pro day prices are correct once added to cart. GameStop web site does not do pricing like bb.com with preview pricing. It's not an error it's a difference in functionality. So if you need to check pro day prices you can add to cart view prices with discount but do not checkout.

Pro day prices are correct once added to cart. GameStop web site does not do pricing like bb.com with preview pricing. It's not an error it's a difference in functionality. So if you need to check pro day prices you can add to cart view prices with discount but do not checkout.
I bought all new. Converted $460 gs credit to $520 or so B.B. credit.
thanks. adding to cart to see real prices works for me

So what are the pro day sales?? I can’t find them lol. When I click the link on the website for the games it just lists them at full price.

*Used games*

[example]

[example]

BF2 =$60 FULL price

Is this pro day bs or a new line of shit?

any good best buy to gamestop trades profit or credit mover? i looked back 5-7 pages up to yesterday's posts and didn't find anything, so don't crucify me if i missed something lol :shame:

Argh... I didn't even think about my "$25 off any new GS item" coupon not working with something on sale for Pro Day...

At my local GS, I tried to get Madden 18 with the $25 off coupon so I could take it to BB for some credit there, and the coupon wouldn't work. The GS employee said that the point coupons don't work for items on sale for Pro Day...

So I guess the "$25 off any new item" is by corporate discretion...?
I did the same thing with a $25, $15, and $10 cert. Bought Madden, NBA Live and Wolfenstein. Coupons wouldn't take direvtly, so he called another store and then over rode them. All 3 for $20, I guess I got lucky.

Is this pro day bs or a new line of shit?
I got burned on used certs on Thanksgiving day, and almost for new certs today. I think it's an ongoing thing that isn't explained on the certs nor by the workers. And unfortunately, you have to catch it before you close out or you have to strong-arm them in giving you credit back (on their own accord).

Not counting Pro day sales... are there any good flips that I could use my $25 off a new item coupon on (without spending any money, or very little money) at GS and take whatever I get to BB for about the same trade-in value?

Trying to get just a little BB credit for something tomorrow.

Man that 4/$10 is straight up magical with pro day discount. Ending up buying 8 games just for the free shipping, but feels good to have a couple more games to add to the backlog. Oh well.

Hit up 3 stores this morning, and I got a 50% extra trade in code, a 5000 points code, and a B2G1 code. Not too bad.
You guys who are hitting up multiple stores for scratchoff coupons, what are you buying? I took a long around and didn't find anything I wanted to buy, so I just left. Maybe they would have given me one if I asked nicely, but I was under the impression that a purchase was required.

You guys who are hitting up multiple stores for scratchoff coupons, what are you buying? I took a long around and didn't find anything I wanted to buy, so I just left. Maybe they would have given me one if I asked nicely, but I was under the impression that a purchase was required.
I bought a PSN card but I was going to get one anyway. I'm thinking of getting some older Wii games I've had my eye on.

When I signed up for pro I got a B2G1 coupon. I used the coupon by printing it out. Does that come off your account? I still have a B2G1 coupon on my account, but I have no way to know if it is a new one or the old one.

I bought an Xbox one X in the beginning of the month. I returned rebought and they gave me the free controller and PUBG. YMMV

Anyway a bunch switch games are like $6 flips if you trade in 3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back