Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Pro member that is hoping to trade in Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, and Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) today. The Pro membership expires fairly soon. Late March or early April, iirc.

Would it be wise to upgrade/re-subscribe prior to trading these in, or would it not even be a wash?
Add the base TIV for all of these. Multiply that by 1.10. Now take the total of all of those TIV, multiply it by 1.20.

Did you get $30 more for the 1.20 result than you did for the 1.10 result?

Will you use the membership to save more than $30 over the next year?

Only you can decide if spending the money is worth it to you.

Add the base TIV for all of these. Multiply that by 1.10. Now take the total of all of those TIV, multiply it by 1.20.

Did you get $30 more for the 1.20 result than you did for the 1.10 result?

Will you use the membership to save more than $30 over the next year?

Only you can decide if spending the money is worth it to you.
Thanks. Though in this case it's 40% and 50% through the current trade in 3 games promo, but your point is understood. I was going to pass on it until I realized I'm very likely to purchase Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Monster Hunter World, both pre-owned, sometime soon. So that adds into the equation, and likely pushes me to go Elite.

I guess the final question is whether I should use my regular store credit to purchase it, or my reward points, which are sitting at 44,000. Thoughts?

I'm a Pro member that is hoping to trade in Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, and Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) today. The Pro membership expires fairly soon. Late March or early April, iirc.

Would it be wise to upgrade/re-subscribe prior to trading these in, or would it not even be a wash?
Dude, I’ll buy those off you

It also appear that this deal will be going on for a week too.  What was gamestop thinking.  Do they think we won;t just return and rebuy re7 gold lol.

P.S.

Are the overwatch ten loot boxes in GOTY usefull to anyone here? I only play PC.
Thanks for the code WWF! Here is hoping I get something other than sprays and voice lines this time! 😂

Edit: The code was PS4.

Thanks again!

Thanks. Though in this case it's 40% and 50% through the current trade in 3 games promo, but your point is understood. I was going to pass on it until I realized I'm very likely to purchase Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Monster Hunter World, both pre-owned, sometime soon. So that adds into the equation, and likely pushes me to go Elite.

I guess the final question is whether I should use my regular store credit to purchase it, or my reward points, which are sitting at 44,000. Thoughts?
Keep in mind that with buying Bayonetta 2 + 1 on Switch pre-owned, you would almost surely only be getting Bayonetta 2 on the cartridge. New copies contain an eShop download code for Bayonetta 1, which would likely have been used by the previous owner. You'd need to spend $30 on the eShop to buy Bayonetta 1 digitally. This is why the trade-in value for Bayonetta 2 is lower at GS than most other Switch games ($22 as of today), and why the pre-owned base price is $50 instead of the usual $55.

Anyone willing to trade a 5,000 code, 50% trade in, or something else for 20% off PSN? Code expires 28th.

Can pre-owned Reward certificates be used on the same transaction when using the buy 2 get 1 free preowned coupon?
dont, those certs work on one of the three games, and the cheapest one is free

so if you buy 3 50 dollar games and take 20 off of 1, that will become the free game.

Are the coupon we got yesterday usable already? Can the point couple be stacked I we just input them and we will have those point in our power up account?

Can pre-owned Reward certificates be used on the same transaction when using the buy 2 get 1 free preowned coupon?
If memory serves me, pick a game that costs more than the others, in relation to the cert you have: e.g. if you have a $5 certificate, get a game that's $5 more than the other two. This should make the game the same price as the others and will get the same discounts as well. So if you pick out a $25 and two $20 dollar games, the $25 game becomes a $20 game and the Elite or Pro discount will apply to the new price, making the game $15.99 with Elite (along with the other two), then one of the games gets dropped for the B2G1.

I did this a month or so back and got Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword ($35), Punch Out ($25), and a wired Xbox 360 controller ($25). The first and only time I've tried this so I remember it. It seemed to work.

Has anybody confirmed that this has actually happened to them?
Yes you can get banned if other folks are using your coupons. Already seen it happen to a friend. They also called and after 3 attempts got someone to say that the reason their account was banned was because someone in another state was using coupons linked to his account on another account. Others have reported other scenarios getting folks banned too in earlier threads.

I bought resident evil 7 gold for ps4 yesterday with trade credit and was able to get a partial refund today with no issue.

They had a problem scanning the receipt and gave back refund in cash, so ended up getting tax refunded as well.

I traded in the base game for $18 with the 50% bonus, so $7 for upgrade.

I got several messages for my last B2G1, it’s going to a CAG I’ve been in talks with so if you pm’s me and I didn’t respond that’s why

Anybody have luck picking up leftover scratchers today?

Also has anybody used certs today to make a purchase and confirm they work? Would love to get AC Origins and RE7 Gold.

Anybody have luck picking up leftover scratchers today?

Also has anybody used certs today to make a purchase and confirm they work? Would love to get AC Origins and RE7 Gold.
I used a $20 off strategy guide cert that stacked with both the $10 off promo (for Pro/Elite members) and the 10% off for buying a new game with it (even though I bought a different game). So I ended up only paying $6 for the $40 Dissidia Collector's Edition strategy guide.

i forgot the exact details regarding best buy trade in limits. just want to make sure i am in the clear. For best buy trades, is the limit 2 of same game per console for 4 total?

(and i know buying from best buy is 4 of same game regardless of console right)

Guys, I have a sweet offer to make. My 10% off any game for your B2G1 coupon. Solid trade. PM me if interested
Dad, I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for your crummy old Danish.

6c2npz5.jpg

Pro Day was a bust for me. My store didn't have anything in stock that I actually wanted. I was going to just get a $10 PSN card, but they didn't even have those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back