Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 Pro was only good for my PSVR, which I rarely ever play. I have preferred all of my other media through Xbox one S and X because it’s just a better experience. Really Sony? Release a 4K console and don’t put a 4K disc drive in it? Still hate Sony’s outdated and boring UI, and Xbox Live is still the best online experience.... The one thing Sony has are the exclusives, but not one of them has been able to pull me away from my xbox very long...
I actually do prefer watching stuff on xbox compared to my ps4. The ui just seems overall better oe easier to use. I can get to stuff quicker. Redeeming codes isn't quick on either system. movies didn't start over at the beginning everytime I start the console. I could just be me, but it seems like service like Netflix and MLB at bat loaded and ran quicker on my Xbox.

I’m brand new to GameStop flips, so I took the plunge today on the Elite Pro membership. I also put $5 down on Sea of Thieves and got the bonus with no issues.

My question is that it looks like I only got 40% extra trade in. Is this correct, or should I have received 20% extra for Elite Pro with a stacked 40% for the Sea of Thieves preorder?

I’m brand new to GameStop flips, so I took the plunge today on the Elite Pro membership. I also put $5 down on Sea of Thieves and got the bonus with no issues.

My question is that it looks like I only got 40% extra trade in. Is this correct, or should I have received 20% extra for Elite Pro with a stacked 40% for the Sea of Thieves preorder?
This is correct. Preorder bonuses are usually 20% + PUR TIV bonus.

PUR TIV bonus is the ecpexted:
20% for elite
10% for pro
0% for everybody else

I also got the coupon for $10 extra on certain switch games (looks like its all the main first party titles). Curious how that will stack. Might try to go trade in Arms later if I have time.
I haven't received any of the montly powerup offers since I went elite. Wonder if its bugged or something.

I haven't received any of the montly powerup offers since I went elite. Wonder if its bugged or something.
Yeah I noticed I went from getting like four active offers per month, nothing to big, but things like $20 off turtle Beach and so on, to getting nothing since going elite that wasn't a reward redemption coupon

Destiny 2 is obviously and even sweeter GS>BB mover now $44ish for $75ish I think it would be.  Are there any other games around $30 that are good BB movers that anyone knows about?

I've done some work to help you maximize your trade potential today, hope it helps. 

Take a friend.

giphy.gif

If you are requesting help please show all work so we can tell where you are stuck.

Most questions result from laziness.

Just saying if you bought 3 copies of Destiny 2 at GS b2g1, then you could trade them in at Bestbuy if you haven't done that already

Destiny 2 Xbox One = 22.39 

B2G1 = 44.78 for 3 copies

Trades in at Best Buy for 23.04 base (25.34 GCU)

x3 copies = 69.12 or 76.03 

Destiny 2 Xbox One = 22.39

B2G1 = 44.78 for 3 copies

Trades in at Best Buy for 23.04 base (25.34 GCU)

x3 copies = 69.12 or 76.03
oh, I did not understand you were talking about 3 copies that is why I asked the quesiton.

but trading 3 copies is not dangerous? I heard people getting banned

Man, I picked up Monster Hunter Worlds for PS4 from GameStop this morning. Damn, did they even beta test this game? There is an insane amount of clipping. It’s like when you run into another person you just go right through them. Crappy. Glad I got a preowned version. Back it goes.

Yeah I noticed I went from getting like four active offers per month, nothing to big, but things like $20 off turtle Beach and so on, to getting nothing since going elite that wasn't a reward redemption coupon
They stopped doing the coupons for the most part and instead the offers apply automatically with your pur.

oh, I did not understand you were talking about 3 copies that is why I asked the quesiton.

but trading 3 copies is not dangerous? I heard people getting banned
The rules are always the same as stated in the best buy trade in policy faq. Please read the faq. Written word trumps anecdotes everytime.

Man, I picked up Monster Hunter Worlds for PS4 from GameStop this morning. Damn, did they even beta test this game? There is an insane amount of clipping. It’s like when you run into another person you just go right through them. Crappy. Glad I got a preowned version. Back it goes.

Uhhhh

This is what I currently have for GS>BB from doing a quick search. This is with GS: Elite Pro and BB: GCU.

GS>BB:

Destiny 2 (XONE): $22.39 > $25.34

Battlefront 2 (PS4): $28 > $33

Wolfenstein 2 (PS4 and XONE): $30.40 > $33

Metal Gear Solid 5 (XONE): $12 > $12.14

Minor Losses On the Ones Below:

Marvel vs Capcom Inf (PS4 and XONE - New Copy): $20 > $19.01

Dragon ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4 and XONE - New Copy): $20 > $19.48

This is what I currently have for GS>BB from doing a quick search. This is with GS: Elite Pro and BB: GCU.

GS>BB:

Battlefront 2 (PS4 and XONE): $28 > $33

Battlefront 2 Preowned for Xbox One is a no-go, it's still showing $55.

GS>BB:

Battlefront 2 (PS4 and XONE): $28 > $33

Thanks but I already hit the limit on most of these. Don't over kill on these. I tried to trade in 12 games and the system suspected me of fraudulent activity. My Best Buy only lets me trade in three at a time because of this. I'll only be trading in Destiny 2. Best Buy has different trade in limits so keep track of your trades.

PUR discount disappears as soon as u add 3 games. It’ll revert back to original price, not stackable with B2G1. :(

GS>BB:

Battlefront 2 (PS4): $28 > $33

Would it be fine to do mail trade in?

X1 B2G1 B00mer@ngs (requires pre-order 40% bonus). All games listed have a $10 base, and purchase price comes out to ~$10.50-$11.50 after elite and b2g1 discount.

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 - $15.19

EA Sports UFC 2 - $15.19

Lego Marvel Avengers - $13.59

Stardew Valley - $15.99

Mortal Konbat XL - $15.99

Portal Knights - $15.99

Yoka-Laylee - $15.99

Lego Batman 3 - $15.99

If you had points to burn and wanted to move GS over to BB.  AC Orgins is not bad at a 25.xx base at bb which is on sale at GS for 29.99.  I have used a couple $5 off certs to move some credit over. 

Part of the Elite Pro membership is a “collectibles welcome gift”. Was I supposed to receive this in store, or is it mailed?
I think it was just a 10% off coupon towards a collectible. Should show up in the app or website.

I was expecting a key chain or vinyl figure or something based on the way it's worded.

I think it was just a 10% off coupon towards a collectible. Should show up in the app or website.

I was expecting a key chain or vinyl figure or something based on the way it's worded.
It works on anything that is "Category 42," which includes some of the video game CEs where they don't include the video game in the bundle.

The b2g1 for Xbox one games is live. Both the store I bought the games at, and the store I flip them to, were both up on their promos. Kind of weird dealing with employees that know what they are doing. I bought two sets for $67 and traded them back in for $86.

The b2g1 for Xbox one games is live. Both the store I bought the games at, and the store I flip them to, were both up on their promos. Kind of weird dealing with employees that know what they are doing. I bought two sets for $67 and traded them back in for $86.
Yup! As soon as I walked in the door an employee told me about the B2G1 Xbox deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back