Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
The real reason people say the PS4 outsells the Xbox is this - The largest demographic purchasing videogame consoles today are millenials. As most everybody knows by now, they expect to be given trophies instead of earning achievements.

I know this has been discussed at least once in this thread already, but I honestly don't remember even around which page it's on...

How many of the same game can you trade in within a 30 day rolling period?  Is it 4?  Does GS consider two of the same game but on different systems different games?  Like, can I trade in four X1 Destiny 2s and four PS4 Destiny 2s to Gamestop on the same day and not get banned for 90 days?

I finally buckled and bought Zelda again for the switch, so in 8 days when my return window is up I'm sure they'll have a price drop on it.

I know this has been discussed at least once in this thread already, but I honestly don't remember even around which page it's on...

How many of the same game can you trade in within a 30 day rolling period? Is it 4? Does GS consider two of the same game but on different systems different games? Like, can I trade in four X1 Destiny 2s and four PS4 Destiny 2s to Gamestop on the same day and not get banned for 90 days?
How about this question? If I put this information in the FAQ, would you have even checked?

How many of the same game can you trade in within a 30 day rolling period? Is it 4? Does GS consider two of the same game but on different systems different games? Like, can I trade in four X1 Destiny 2s and four PS4 Destiny 2s to Gamestop on the same day and not get banned for 90 days?
Maybe

The rolling 30-day limit per game per platform is 4, like you speculate. As for the rest of what you ask, don't go ham and stay under the radar because you can still get a ban/timeout for behaving recklessly.

3-5 through 3-11.

Just got back grabbing more games to flip. I will chance it and hold them till next week. Once again, every store that was out of scratch offs last week had some for me when I asked nicely this time. Score two more 50% bonus coupons and a 5,000 point one. Still 0-15 on the b2g1 though.
Can I have a 50% bonus coupon plz? I'll trade you one of the sub $5 PC games in my sig.

3-5 through 3-11.

Just got back grabbing more games to flip. I will chance it and hold them till next week. Once again, every store that was out of scratch offs last week had some for me when I asked nicely this time. Score two more 50% bonus coupons and a 5,000 point one. Still 0-15 on the b2g1 though.
Thanks Omni99. I will ask myself when I go by tomorrow. Didn't have a chance to stop by in February. I'll report back if I get lucky.

DON'T JUDGE.....too harshly....

Yep - I just had to get one more trade in Sunday to get rid of my last copy of Fifa18.  I accidentally grabbed copy #5 of Doom to trade in too. :bomb:

Sooooo - I read over the old FAQ.  Says the computer would show "Trade Limit Exceeded" if I attempted to make a trade within the BAN period.  My question is for those of you that have been banned before - should I try to trade something in to START my 3 month period OR do you think it started within 1-2 days of that stupid last trade?  The last thing I want to find out after waiting 3 months, is that my official ban period starts once the system blocks me for the first time.

Also - I'm in a city that requires a scan of my Driver's license to make any trade.  My wife has a PUR account also.  Am I the one banned (the person) or is MY PUR account banned (meaning I can trade in games on my wife's account).  From what I have been told by the employees, the next city over doesn't require it.  From that, I don't think my DL is stored (for cross reference) in any GS database to make sure I don't make any more trades.   Thoughts?

GO TEAM BANNED!

I'VE BEEN BANNONED.

CRAP

I think you get banned from the date of the offense because I though I was banned for quite a bit longer and it ended way sooner. Customer service couldn’t tell me when it started.

Yep - I just had to get one more trade in Sunday to get rid of my last copy of Fifa18. I accidentally grabbed copy #5 of Doom to trade in too. :bomb:

Sooooo - I read over the old FAQ. Says the computer would show "Trade Limit Exceeded" if I attempted to make a trade within the BAN period. My question is for those of you that have been banned before - should I try to trade something in to START my 3 month period OR do you think it started within 1-2 days of that stupid last trade? The last thing I want to find out after waiting 3 months, is that my official ban period starts once the system blocks me for the first time.

Also - I'm in a city that requires a scan of my Driver's license to make any trade. My wife has a PUR account also. Am I the one banned (the person) or is MY PUR account banned (meaning I can trade in games on my wife's account). From what I have been told by the employees, the next city over doesn't require it. From that, I don't think my DL is stored (for cross reference) in any GS database to make sure I don't make any more trades. Thoughts?

GO TEAM BANNED!
I'VE BEEN BANNONED.
CRAP
You've been flagged by LP. Every gamestop in the district will be notified and has a picture of you in their backroom. Hey welcome to GameStop, Mr. Iroute long time no see.

Yep - I just had to get one more trade in Sunday to get rid of my last copy of Fifa18. I accidentally grabbed copy #5 of Doom to trade in too. :bomb:

Sooooo - I read over the old FAQ. Says the computer would show "Trade Limit Exceeded" if I attempted to make a trade within the BAN period. My question is for those of you that have been banned before - should I try to trade something in to START my 3 month period OR do you think it started within 1-2 days of that stupid last trade? The last thing I want to find out after waiting 3 months, is that my official ban period starts once the system blocks me for the first time.

Also - I'm in a city that requires a scan of my Driver's license to make any trade. My wife has a PUR account also. Am I the one banned (the person) or is MY PUR account banned (meaning I can trade in games on my wife's account). From what I have been told by the employees, the next city over doesn't require it. From that, I don't think my DL is stored (for cross reference) in any GS database to make sure I don't make any more trades. Thoughts?

GO TEAM BANNED!
I'VE BEEN BANNONED.
CRAP
Who are you?

GO TEAM BANNED!
I'VE BEEN BANNONED.
CRAP
The ban is tied to your ID, not just your PUR account. If you go to an area that doesn’t require ID, you could open a new PUR account. You could also use a passport to open a new one instead of a DL.

The ban is tied to your ID, not just your PUR account. If you go to an area that doesn’t require ID, you could open a new PUR account. You could also use a passport to open a new one instead of a DL.
Every time someone suggests opening an account with a passport I just ask myself why? Do people actually carry around their passport? Personally if I worked at Gamestop and someone handed me their passport to open a PUR account it would throw up a red flag.

Every time someone suggests opening an account with a passport I just ask myself why? Do people actually carry around their passport? Personally if I worked at Gamestop and someone handed me their passport to open a PUR account it would throw up a red flag.
In cities and large college towns, where it is not essential to have a drivers license, a lot of people only have a passport. It is not strange at all around me.

I would feel weird using a passport as well, but it is an option, none the less.

Can you enter in multiple coupon codes from Pro Day, or is it one at a time per use? I'm about to enter two in, but don't want any issues.

Finally got that $10 extra switch game coupon in my active offers. I know it says it can't be combined with other offers but do we have confirmation on that yet? If that stacked with the 40% or $5 extra it would be pretty sweet.

so 5000 points just showed up on my account, it says "pro day bonus", which was the scratch I had done. however, it does not say anything about expiring or anything. 

there is no coupon, just the extra points were added. 

so I guess they don't expire??

anybody can check that on their account and see if they have the same?

so 5000 points just showed up on my account, it says "pro day bonus", which was the scratch I had done. however, it does not say anything about expiring or anything.

there is no coupon, just the extra points were added.

so I guess they don't expire??

anybody can check that on their account and see if they have the same?
The points aren't going to expire. Once they're in your account theyll stay there until you use them. The other pro day coupons will probably expire on their suggested date.

The points aren't going to expire. Once they're in your account theyll stay there until you use them. The other pro day coupons will probably expire on their suggested date.
really? I am pretty sure that my scratch card said those points would expire at some point, I don't have that here with me to double check, I threw it away.

Finally got that $10 extra switch game coupon in my active offers. I know it says it can't be combined with other offers but do we have confirmation on that yet? If that stacked with the 40% or $5 extra it would be pretty sweet.
Does your offer say it can't be combined? Because mine does not have that language on it.

Of course the $10 offer shows up the day after I trade in 2 titles on the list. My coupon only lists a handful of titles, mainly Nintendo-published "AAA" titles. No language that indicates it won't stack.

Of course the $10 offer shows up the day after I trade in 2 titles on the list. My coupon only lists a handful of titles, mainly Nintendo-published "AAA" titles. No language that indicates it won't stack.
Naturally I traded in all my switch games last weekend before I knew we were getting this coupon. Really only seems good for b2g1 flip material.

No, but the 40% and extra $5 say they don't stack I believe. The POS sometimes still let's them though, that's why I asked. Extra 40% and extra $10 would be pretty good if possible.

For the $10 extra trade credit on "select" Switch Titles, is there an easy way to tell which titles are included? My coupon lists 8 SKU's, but the only way to find SKU's that I know of is to look at every games individual page. I've checked major titles and can't find any matches.

For the $10 extra trade credit on "select" Switch Titles, is there an easy way to tell which titles are included? My coupon lists 8 SKU's, but the only way to find SKU's that I know of is to look at every games individual page. I've checked major titles and can't find any matches.
just type in the SKUs in the gamestop search bar. It's basically all the first party Nintendo titles

just type in the SKUs in the gamestop search bar. It's basically all the first party Nintendo titles
I can't get that to work, though. Every SKU i search for says "Searched Item Not Found. Try Something Else" I checked Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Rabbids, Bayonetta, etc. and no SKU matches yet.

If a kid has a preowned game in his/her hands at GS, that has big 'rang potential, is it OK to take it from them when they're not looking, buy it, and flip it?

Where are you trying? Use the website.
I'm trying at www.gamestop.com, using the search bar at the top. I've also clicked on a bunch of first-party Switch games and the SKU in the URL doesn't match any.

I just tried using the phone App and that appears to work for SKU searches. The website brings up nothing, but the App does. Weird.

Oh, that is great. Thank you! I hadn't seen that page, and the coupon only showed SKU's which don't match the SKU's in the URL for each game. Time to see if this will stack with the 40% for Ni No Kuni II :) (I know it most likely won't, but the coupon doesn't say it can't be used with other offers).
Yeah, it's very difficult to find that page. My recommendation is to just bookmark it and keep it as a reference every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back