Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
If I’m Elite (expires in Oct.) is the cheapest way for me to get a B2G1 coupon through a new PUR membership?

Will this at all mess with my current Elite membership status? Thanks.

Aw man, lost $5 for not using the new offer when i just traded in Zelda on Wednesday.

i was referring to X1..i was under the impression it was 30 before gcu based on a post yesterday. it still is a great b2g1 credit mover to bb along with D2.

I always find that weird. You're an adult yet have your wife dictate what hobbies you can enjoy. I'd be real hard pressed if my gf told me I couldn't play games anymore. Helps that she plays some herself but fuck no, not giving up something I've done since before I met her.
I understand you have to be more mindful of finances when you get married, and make compromises when it comes to how you spend your free time... but some guys make it sound like their wife dictates everything they do, buy, etc. Brb "let me ask the wifey", cuz apparently he is incapable of making his own decisions. There should be shared respect for one another, however in these cases I see it as a lack of respect on the wife's behalf.

i was referring to X1..i was under the impression it was 30 before gcu based on a post yesterday. it still is a great b2g1 credit mover to bb along with D2.
Not sure about yesterday, but on the weekend Wolf2 (both versions) were 28 and some change prior to GCU. STBF2 (both versions) were 30 before GCU. The same trade in prices they are today (prior to GCU).

So has there been any rumors of any Switch related deals tomorrow? Or is their flyer comment just going to turn out to be “hey, buy some Switch stuff from us to celebrate one year of Nintendo Switch.”?

20% off select switch accessories and Nintendo collectibles.
tenor.gif

20% off select switch accessories and Nintendo collectibles.

Confirm that. Manager at store showed me the ad but said I could not take a picture. Also some games are $10-20 off, but I think that the "discount" just gets them to market price, I don't remember any of them. Also, there's a trade credit bonus type coupon for a future date 3/18-3/25 or something.

Confirm that. Manager at store showed me the ad but said I could not take a picture. Also some games are $10-20 off, but I think that the "discount" just gets them to market price, I don't remember any of them. Also, there's a trade credit bonus type coupon for a future date 3/18-3/25 or something.
That's just what I got in a GameStop email earlier.

Thanks all and shoutout to Omni99...I wouldn't have asked for a scratcher tonight if he hadn't mentioned getting one after Pro Day.  I got one and it was 50% bonus trade.  Just what I needed! 

Thanks all and shoutout to Omni99...I wouldn't have asked for a scratcher tonight if he hadn't mentioned getting one after Pro Day. I got one and it was 50% bonus trade. Just what I needed!
No issue turning $113 in GS credit to $171 BB credit (D2x3 and W2x3), but forgot to ask for scratcher..bummer.

No issue turning $113 in GS credit to $171 BB credit (D2x3 and W2x3), but forgot to ask for scratcher..bummer.
Did you trade them in at BB all in the same transaction? I'm sitting on the same games and was going to do this later, just wasn't sure if I should trade them all in together or do 3 at one and 3 at another BB.

Did you trade them in at BB all in the same transaction? I'm sitting on the same games and was going to do this later, just wasn't sure if I should trade them all in together or do 3 at one and 3 at another BB.
It's YMMV.

I've traded in 3 copies of 12 different games (well 6 if you count 3xb1 and 3ps4) all in the same transaction with no issues. All of the CS at my local BB knows me and they know when they see me in line that there's a large chance of me having a big trade in.

It's YMMV.

I've traded in 3 copies of 12 different games (well 6 if you count 3xb1 and 3ps4) all in the same transaction with no issues. All of the CS at my local BB knows me and they know when they see me in line that there's a large chance of me having a big trade in.
Gotcha, I'll try trading them all in at the same time. Thanks.

Yes, went to GS asked for 3 of each preowned, then went to BB and traded them in as is.

I have credit I can move to BB with D2 and W2, but I don’t currently have GCU. Still considering doing this for ~$42 profit, or I could get GCU and get ~$15 more. Decisions...

It's YMMV.

Definitely YMMV. The Best Buy’s around me won’t allow more than 1 of the same game per console.

You guys are asking GameStops for 3 of the same game for multiple games? If you do that around here they usually call you a reseller and refuse to sell. I got JDed once by a dude I was trying to buy 2 copies of Pokemon Sun from. "Why do you need 2? What are you going to do with them? Are you a reseller?" Etc. Asking for 3 copies of multiple games seems like a good way of getting flagged if your store is a bunch of dicks.

You guys are asking GameStops for 3 of the same game for multiple games? If you do that around here they usually call you a reseller and refuse to sell. I got JDed once by a dude I was trying to buy 2 copies of Pokemon Sun from. "Why do you need 2? What are you going to do with them? Are you a reseller?" Etc. Asking for 3 copies of multiple games seems like a good way of getting flagged if your store is a bunch of dicks.
I am almost positive this is how I got banned by corporate because I bought every copy of Xenoblade when they were doing a 4/40

That's sad.

I think 2 would be safe especially if the game is multiplayer

does gamestop still have the thing running where you pay like 60 bucks and you can  get used games for frree (mostly like gamefly)  or was that just a nov/dec thing

My local GS doesn't ask questions. I assume that they are cool with getting easy preowned sales/trades and glowing reviews from a polite customer.

I will only participate when the trade deals are worth my time (usually B2G1 boomerangs on a Saturday morning that result in $400-$600 profit between 4 or 6 stores)

This is just slush money for me so it either works in a convenient manner or doesn't. I cannot concern myself with JD nonsense beyond being somewhat discreet.

Discretion is in the eye of the beholder though...if I was an employee and saw this guy that basically only shows up at B2G1, has a buttload of points, a bunch of trade credit, and only makes "smart" trades...then I'd assume he's the "white whale" customer anyways...regardless of buying in 3s or not.

For example, I waited my turn in line before buying my 6 preowned games and watched two customers buy gpg after gettting the spiel...which I obviously politely declined. I noticed that this particular employee no longer adds the gpg before asking like he used to with me :)

As an aside, if asked "why do you need 3 copies?" perhaps you should try responding "buy one, give one, and trade one"

What is going on with the B2G1 on pre-owned X1 games that is showing on GameStop's home page? I can't seem to get it to apply in my cart.

What is going on with the B2G1 on pre-owned X1 games that is showing on GameStop's home page? I can't seem to get it to apply in my cart.
My experience with this yesterday was that it needed to be 3 different xb1 games (ie cant place 2 orders 2 D2/1W2 and 2 W2/1D2) and once b2g1 applied it removed my elite 20%...so i just went to the store

***50% extra credit on a future trade of nintendo switch games with the purchase of any product in this flyer***

That's listed on the flyer I grabbed at gamestop today.  Has-been heroes is $9.99 so I'm going to grab a copy of that just for the promo. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back