Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved some gamestop credit to best buy with the b2g1 today. Made over $50 profit doing it. Still have about $200 in gamestop credit I'll either spend or move to best buy next time there's a deal. None of the stores around me had extra scratch it's and wasn't able to make it out last weekend but all in all it was a good day.

That's some high level JD-ing there. When I was just flipping to BB I asked store for 3 copies of three different games, and no one batted an eye. I've seen some JD grief when trading, but to do it for BUYING...and only 2 copies...that's just messed up. And stupid on their part. Do they not want to make sales?

"Why do you need TWO copies?! Are you a reseller?!"
"Why, yes I am. These two copes are going to cover my Lamborghini...or, I have two kids and this will keep them from fighting over the game."
Unfortunately the store in my home town is so bad I usually drive 45 minutes plus to get to better GameStops further out. The JDs at that store are so bad I've even been called out for buying XB1 games because the associate 'didn't remember me buying an xb1 there'. I've even had the manager call me after big trades in the past to inform me she contacted L.P. to look into it, not even joking. Crazy how much some people hate the customers they're supposed to be helping.

Look at all the people defending GameStop with their trade ins.  Douche bags defending a big corporation that likes to screw over customers and employees.

Unfortunately the store in my home town is so bad I usually drive 45 minutes plus to get to better GameStops further out. The JDs at that store are so bad I've even been called out for buying XB1 games because the associate 'didn't remember me buying an xb1 there'. I've even had the manager call me after big trades in the past to inform me she contacted L.P. to look into it, not even joking. Crazy how much some people hate the customers they're supposed to be helping.
I would literally never step foot in that store again unless it was to rub an incredible haul/trade/whatever in the manager’s face and then flip them the bird as I strutted back outside. fuck that noise...

If they see one scratch they take off money huh? Picked up some 360 games at the flea that I would profit by trading into credit but not if they gonna take money for regular use 360 scratches

***50% extra credit on a future trade of nintendo switch games with the purchase of any product in this flyer***

That's listed on the flyer I grabbed at gamestop today. Has-been heroes is $9.99 so I'm going to grab a copy of that just for the promo.
So the 50% only applies to switch games? Whats the future date?

Does anyone know if I do a WIS order if I get charged tax with trade credit. My state does not charge tax on trade credit but ordering online it does. You can contact CS to refund it but I'm trying to avoid that.

Look at all the people defending GameStop with their trade ins. Douche bags defending a big corporation that likes to screw over customers and employees.
And you're any better for calling these people "douche bags"...

giphy.gif

I’ve had a store charge me a refurb on every item I was about to trade in and when I ask them why, they didn’t have a legit reason and when I refused to close the trade out, they said it’s only “x” amount of dollars? Went to my home store and traded without issues but some employees just love to tack on refurb fees just cause.

Is there anything in the Switch sale worth stopping by the store on my way home from work? I can't find anything other than the vague stop in on 3/3 in the weekly ad and one mention of possibly getting a code with a purchase.

Gamestop sure knows how to fuck up promoting sales.

Is there anything in the Switch sale worth stopping by the store on my way home from work? I can't find anything other than the vague stop in on 3/3 in the weekly ad and one mention of possibly getting a code with a purchase.
Gamestop sure knows how to fuck up promoting sales.
Most things have had better sales but I would at least grab a new copy of Has been hero's for $10 so you get the coupon. You can boomer rang it back for a small profit. The switch ad runs through the 10th though.

Most things have had better sales but I would at least grab a new copy of Has been hero's for $10 so you get the coupon. You can boomer rang it back for a small profit. The switch ad runs through the 10th though.
Anybody know if the coupon is only if you buy something today? Called up a store but they don't know for sure but said probably will get coupon throughout the week.

So I wanna trade in my BOTW copy for wiiu. $30 credit for pros. There's a promo for ninokuni where you can get an extra 40%... I assume that's on the base price and not pro?

How's that work?

So I wanna trade in my BOTW copy for wiiu. $30 credit for pros. There's a promo for ninokuni where you can get an extra 40%... I assume that's on the base price and not pro?

How's that work?
Yeah base price. So $25 * 1.4 = $35 is your total.

Ah not worth the extra $5 to me really if I have to put 5 on a game I don't want... I guess I could always swap it out later...

Thanks a bunch guys. I almost never ever trade unless I have retro doubles that GS matches eBay for haha. Much appreciated!

You guys are asking GameStops for 3 of the same game for multiple games? If you do that around here they usually call you a reseller and refuse to sell. I got JDed once by a dude I was trying to buy 2 copies of Pokemon Sun from. "Why do you need 2? What are you going to do with them? Are you a reseller?" Etc. Asking for 3 copies of multiple games seems like a good way of getting flagged if your store is a bunch of dicks.
Weird. I've purchased two copies of games before to help out friends. My manager even gave me money last year to buy Mortal Kombat XL after I told him I was going to pick up a copy for myself (it was on sale for $20). Lately, I haven't really been buying two copies simultaneously, but have been buying another copy of various games because the first was too damaged and it's not worth my time to go to Gamestop to make an exchange when you also factor in gas money (ordered during Gamestop's 4 for $4). Although, two attempts at Max Payne 3 have yielded me scratched and cracked copies through the mail.

You must be one of them, huh.... your feelings hurt? Wait, let me use a meme cause that puts more weight in my comment. Lol.
Yep, you're asinine remark really hurt my feelings. Just saying somebody who has to resort to calling people douche bags, for having a different opinion than you, is really telling of you yourself as a person. Pot calling the kettle black much.

So uh, I just saw that GS is offering free shipping with orders 49.99 or more now...has the 34.99 minimum recently changed orrrr...?

If anybody has extra B2G1 scratcher codes they don't need and/or are willing to part with, I'm out of codes to trade, but I still have PayPal F&F to provide compensation.

Yeah base price. So $25 * 1.4 = $35 is your total.

Yeah this is the reason I have no problem screwing over GameStop with flipping games to my benefit. They screw you over with “GameStop” math. Another example is if you have a $25 preowned cert from the rewards program, and lets say you want to buy a used game that is priced at $37, but with elite pro, it’s discounted to $30, you’d think you’d be paying $5 net, right? ( $30 -$25 cert). WRONG. They take the $25 off the original price of $37, and then discount your 20% elite pro from the $12 difference ( which is only a little over $2). So you end up paying $10. WTF is that bullshit.

so I encourage everyone to screw over gamestop every chance you get, cause they’ll find a way to screw your over every chance they get.

Yeah this is the reason I have no problem screwing over GameStop with flipping games to my benefit. They screw you over with “GameStop” math. Another example is if you have a $25 preowned cert from the rewards program, and lets say you want to buy a used game that is priced at $37, but with elite pro, it’s discounted to $30, you’d think you’d be paying $5 net, right? ( $30 -$25 cert). WRONG. They take the $25 off the original price of $37, and then discount your 20% elite pro from the $12 difference ( which is only a little over $2). So you end up paying $10. WTF is that bullshit.

so I encourage everyone to screw over gamestop every chance you get, cause they’ll find a way to screw your over every chance they get.
One of the reasons i usually use my points for a renewal to get a b2g1 coupon or to get coupons off new stuff cause that hurts them. Newly released game today? Heres a 50 dollar off coupon. Byeee (i dont actually do this)

^^^ almost every time I've ever had that scenario I politely point it out to the head cashier and they've manually overrode it. Sure won't happen in your JD store or a place where you just did a $400 flip, but how often are we using these specific Used certs maybe three or four times a year (assuming typical person here makes 50k to 100k rewards annual)

That's how most stores do this kind of promotion in my experience. Stores that do it a different way are usually the outliers. A lot of people on CAG abuse GS(myself included), but they frequently have the best trade promos of anyone around. Without them the trade/flip economy would be nothing. Also, getting rewarded on top of easy flipping/trading with PUR points/certs is a goldmine. If Bestbuy didn't have such a great system with GCU I'd use GS almost exclusively

One of the reasons i usually use my points for a renewal to get a b2g1 coupon or to get coupons off new stuff cause that hurts them. Newly released game today? Heres a 50 dollar off coupon. Byeee (i dont actually do this)
Or even better: use it for Nintendo, PS4 or Xbox credit so they don’t get it at all.

I don’t get the GS hate, anyone that is in this thread has likely benefited a lot from their trade promos. Do you get some asshat employees from time to time? Sure, just like any other place. But at the end of the day, they run enough promos that it makes them the best place in town to trade and do business with. I’ve barely spent any of my actual money on gaming since I started trading with them and I won’t have to for awhile to come. That’s pretty awesome in my book.

Was able to get $46 each for the Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda Botw & Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with the $10 bonus coupon. Traded in Fire Emblem Warriors also and that was $41 till I put $5 towards a pre-order of Ni no Kuni 2 and went up to $42 lol

***50% extra credit on a future trade of nintendo switch games with the purchase of any product in this flyer***

That's listed on the flyer I grabbed at gamestop today. Has-been heroes is $9.99 so I'm going to grab a copy of that just for the promo.
I see no mention of this anywhere in ad

That's how most stores do this kind of promotion in my experience. Stores that do it a different way are usually the outliers. A lot of people on CAG abuse GS(myself included), but they frequently have the best trade promos of anyone around. Without them the trade/flip economy would be nothing. Also, getting rewarded on top of easy flipping/trading with PUR points/certs is a goldmine. If Bestbuy didn't have such a great system with GCU I'd use GS almost exclusively
Thing is, you would only be able to get these certs if you are a PUR member, so what they are essentially doing is reducing the actual value of your PUR discount benefit. Shady shit

Thing is, you would only be able to get these certs if you are a PUR member, so what they are essentially doing is reducing the actual value of your PUR discount benefit. Shady shit
I agree that is not ideal and is not in our favor. But they're not lying to us about how it works.

If the way certs are applied is disturbing, then you should be complaining about PUR elite too because it reduces the purchase price by an additional 10%, which means elite doesn't earn 50% more points than pro. Instead they earn 33% more. [emoji22]

Crying about rewards systems that pay you 2% to 3% is rediculous.

Power up rewards points are the equivalent of skee ball tickets at the arcade. If you're trying to buy the big screen TV with skee ball tickets you're getting hosed. Don't get me wrong, a bonus is a bonus.

And it's not shady if we know about. I'd agree it's not ideal. You just have to know how and when to use points/certs.

Shady is when they sign you up for the X1X notification list w/o permissio. Or when employees just tack on disc protection without asking.

Was able to get $46 each for the Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda Botw & Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with the $10 bonus coupon. Traded in Fire Emblem Warriors also and that was $41 till I put $5 towards a pre-order of Ni no Kuni 2 and went up to $42 lol
All games got the 10 dollar boost from the promo? If so, bazinga

Anyone had any other scratch offs apply to their account yet? I redeemed probably 40k in points, a B2G1, 50^m% boost and 10% extra off but only 2x 5000 points have posted.

So the $10 coupon works on more then 1 title that qualifies?

I just used some points to renew my membership.  Has that coupon for b2g1 been knocked down to one set, or can you still use it for say b6g3?

Does anyone know which other games qualify for the extra $10 coupon? Curious to see if Mario + Rabbids is part of it. I've got the SKUs, but typing them in the Gamestop website yields nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back