Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they manually adjust when you tried with your Xbox controller? I see what you're talking about in the app and now wish I'd traded some controllers in when I cleared out a chunk of my backlog for a switch. Hopefully accessories start triggering the promo like the app says.

No. In the app it says "Get up to 70% bonus credit on any game or accessory traded toward a new switch game or console"

So I just came back from gamestop and realized they only applied 50% extra trade in instead of the 60% for being a pro member. Is there anything I can do about this or am I just going to have to suck up the ~$10 loss?

NVM I'm an idiot and forgot I opened a pro account on my brother's name and I gave them the number of an old account, fuck sake
I'm amazed they didn't try to upsell you on pro or elite right then.

I have x3  5,000 bonus points codes and x6 10% off any pre-owned game codes. They are up for grabs for anyone. First come first served. One per person. Just quote me.

Running count

5000 BP 0000000000 -Outta here!

10% off Pre-owned Game gone

I have x3 5,000 bonus points codes and x6 10% off any pre-owned game codes. They are up for grabs for anyone. First come first served. One per person. Just quote me.

Running count
5000 BP x2
10% off Pre-owned Game x5
Id take a 5,000 bonus if you have 1 to spare.

I have x3 5,000 bonus points codes and x6 10% off any pre-owned game codes. They are up for grabs for anyone. First come first served. One per person. Just quote me.

Running count
5000 BP x2
Nvm

Running count
I'll take a 10 percent!

Running count

I'll take a 10% off thanks!

I did run into a JD three months ago when I tried to trade in the same games that I traded in the day before. He came out of the back and told the cashier not to take them. He figured out I was exploiting the B2G1 free and claimed he didn't care. He asked me how much I've made and I just played dumb. I didn't get trade banned but I was still concerned when I saw him in the store when I was buying flips. I wanted his coworker to help me when he was busy because I didn't want him asking me questions. I was buying games that I had traded in before. I know I was being way too cautious since it's been so long but I wanted to play it safe. Watch out for JD. These guys can flag your account and get you banned.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

That moment you walk into a store to do your trades and the girl at the counter is from your home store that you just bought those trades from haha.

Running count

10% off Pre-owned Game x3
I'll take a 10% off code, thank you very much!

I'm amazed they didn't try to upsell you on pro or elite right then.
This was like 15 mins before closing so I'm sure the dude was out of it. I was pretty tired of standing in line for like 10 minutes so I wasn't exactly at my sharpest either

funny how the usual badgering would've saved me from this situation though

Running count
I’ll take a 10% if still avalible

Running count
I’ll take anything you have :) If nothing left, still very sweet of you

Running count

I'll take any left overs. Thank in advance!

Did they manually adjust when you tried with your Xbox controller? I see what you're talking about in the app and now wish I'd traded some controllers in when I cleared out a chunk of my backlog for a switch. Hopefully accessories start triggering the promo like the app says.
Nope. I told them the promo and they were convinced I was wrong until I shows it to them on the app

That moment you walk into a store to do your trades and the girl at the counter is from your home store that you just bought those trades from haha.
zGHQb4O.gif

I did run into a JD three months ago when I tried to trade in the same games that I traded in the day before. He came out of the back and told the cashier not to take them. He figured out I was exploiting the B2G1 free and claimed he didn't care. He asked me how much I've made and I just played dumb. I didn't get trade banned but I was still concerned when I saw him in the store when I was buying flips. I wanted his coworker to help me when he was busy because I didn't want him asking me questions. I was buying games that I had traded in before. I know I was being way too cautious since it's been so long but I wanted to play it safe. Watch out for JD. These guys can flag your account and get you banned.

Had the SL lead ask me "didn't you trade these games in already" during the summer flip fiasco (though he wasn't actually the one processing the trade, he just happened to walk by and saw I was trading in some more 3DS games). He hasn't said anything in about 6 months, and maybe he was just busting my balls at the time, but I'm still paranoid every time I see him.

There's only 6 stores in my area, so I have to make bigger trades than I would like to so I can go trade to 3 stores one month and 3 stores the other month, to spread things out a little.

Well I was trying to upload a screenshot from Imgur but apparently CAG don't like that.
Use "BB-Code Forums" Share Options link

Had the SL lead ask me "didn't you trade these games in already" during the summer flip fiasco (though he wasn't actually the one processing the trade, he just happened to walk by and saw I was trading in some more 3DS games). He hasn't said anything in about 6 months, and maybe he was just busting my balls at the time, but I'm still paranoid every time I see him.

There's only 6 stores in my area, so I have to make bigger trades than I would like to so I can go trade to 3 stores one month and 3 stores the other month, to spread things out a little.

My apologies for hijacking the thread, but I'm not exactly familiar with Gamestop so I figured this is the best place to ask.

Is there any way to get the Axiom Verge steelbook (preferably sealed) without having to pay reseller markup on eBay? I got a deal on seven of the ten steelbooks thanks to a friend, so I'm now only missing that one and it seems to have been removed from their online site.

My local store refused to even look for them in their system (they're REALLY LAZY here and will do anything they can to not do any real work.)

ugggh im trying to order it now

i just got off of work at 11:30. i got no fucking chance. christ. theres not even an order limit it seems. way to go

Nope. I told them the promo and they were convinced I was wrong until I shows it to them on the app
I can't tell if that was a definitive "Nope, they didn't have to adjust it. The TIV for the controller automatically came up as $42.50" or "Nope, they wouldn't adjust it despite showing them the app, and the TIV for the controller remained $30".

Hey y'all looking to buy the Dark Souls amiibo. Wario64 posted the solution that worked for me and my friends. Go to that link on your phone/mobile browser, then click the 2nd/bottom "Pre-Order" link on that GameStop page. I was able to check out successfully, using my PUR# and paid for it with GameStop credit on my card. I did this about 10-15 minutes ago.

(my apologies to the mods for this post...I've never done anything fancy on CAG other than post text replies, so I have no clue what I've been doing here :)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/971980239965310977

Please see next post down from Foxhack, I'm CAG-forum-impared   :wall:

madmatt: If you copy and paste the Twitter link directly it'll embed the tweet. You just can't add an image or anything else because this forum software blows.

madmatt: If you copy and paste the Twitter link directly it'll embed the tweet. You just can't add an image or anything else because this forum software blows.

Thanks for the help! I tried editing my post again but seems like a lost cause. I'll let your post doing the talking!

So, If I trade switch games towards another switch game I'll get 70% extra if I'm elite?. Does the extra $10 on switch games replace the extra 70% if applied?

anyone know the page to redeem the pro day codes? I just got one from the guy that gave them away and don't have the website link :(

Does anyone know if Minecraft digital download would work for the 70% bonus? Has Been Heroes New stock is drying up around here, 1 store shows in stock out of the 10 that are within 15 minutes of me. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back