Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Minecraft digital download would work for the 70% bonus? Has Been Heroes New stock is drying up around here, 1 store shows in stock out of the 10 that are within 15 minutes of me.
In the past I have bought new games for the extra % trade in and asked for a gift receipt. Then a few days later I go to a different Gamestop and return the game with the gift receipt and get my credit back. So far it has always worked for me. You could try with some other Switch games if Has Been Heroes is running out.

If anyone has had a different experience please let us know. I plan on doing this again.

How would you get up to 70%? Fine print says elite member get 40% back so I’m assuming plus 20% for elite would be 60%.

This is my plan I have bb $25 gc so I was thinking of getting Mario + rabbids with gcu and head to gamestop and trade it towards bayonetta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does Gamestop.com list their entire gift card selection?  I've seen folks talk about a wide array of retails store gift cards, but online all I seem to find are GS's own cards and PSN/Live, etc.

Does Gamestop.com list their entire gift card selection? I've seen folks talk about a wide array of retails store gift cards, but online all I seem to find are GS's own cards and PSN/Live, etc.
Most of the gc are in store only and not online.

How would you get up to 70%? Fine print says elite member get 40% back so I’m assuming plus 20% for elite would be 60%.

This is my plan I have bb $25 gc so I was thinking of getting Mario + rabbids with gcu and head to gamestop and trade it towards bayonetta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It was previously mentioned in the thread that the font print us a typo. Every elite member reporting to the thread has recieved 70%.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. I was starting to think the ban hammer came down or something [emoji54]
If you get banned points still go thru on the trade that caused the ban (I think). And you can continue to earn points for purchases.

If they nuke your account you lose everything including all previously acquired pounts.

Thanks. I called my nearest GS after you mentioned the Whole Foods GF and he told me he hasn't seen one since about a year ago. Perhaps it's regional?
Not all gs carry the same gc. I've even found different cards at different locations locally. They also sell Hooters gc here and we don't even have a Hooters here. So it can be really YMMV.

time to cash out!
attachicon.gif
20180309_102114.jpg
attachicon.gif
20180309_101949.jpg
Are you seriously trading in the older games?

Are you seriously trading in the older games?
saving it or probably sell it locally, i got lucky on the snes games. met a guy at gamestop trying to sell a broken wii. gamestop rejected it and i told him that i will buy it. after i paid for the wii, he then asked me if im interested on more games and he showed me that snes and n64 games along with its console and a phat ps3 with two controller. i told him that i only have $75 left from the wii, and he told me ill take 75 for all of the items. he also had a neogeo console which he wont sell for cheap.

saving it or probably sell it locally, i got lucky on the snes games. met a guy at gamestop trying to sell a broken wii. gamestop rejected it and i told him that i will buy it. after i paid for the wii, he then asked me if im interested on more games and he showed me that snes and n64 games along with its console and a phat ps3 with two controller. i told him that i only have $75 left from the wii, and he told me ill take 75 for all of the items. he also had a neogeo console which he wont sell for cheap.
Damn, congrats on the haul!

Drugs tho.

time to cash out!
I have a similar (but larger) stash of retro games in several storage containers and I have to admit I was tempted to do the same. Even looked up some values. But in the end decided I couldn't trade them in.

Would love to see what that final receipt looks like though!

do retro games stack with this deal ? I have a bag on me with dreamcast some 64 and Genesis games to trade

I wish the Xbox One X deals were better. I wish that Xbox made a CE version. Maybe a Sea of Thieves version??
The free controller deal isn't bad. I redeemed my points for a $50 cert to bring it down to $450. That makes it comparable to the current Newegg deal, with the added bonus of not having to pay anything out of pocket and wait for shipping.

lochdoun said:
Can anyone confirm if controllers qualify? Gonna pick up an X with my credit bounty and I'd like to unload that free controller.
The free controller deal isn't bad. I redeemed my points for a $50 cert to bring it down to $450. That makes it comparable to the current Newegg deal, with the added bonus of not having to pay anything out of pocket and wait for shipping.
Did you try to see if controllers/accessories work with this trade promo? I feel like it might be ymmv if you show them the mobile site that says "games and accessories get 70% when buying new switch game or console".

I would try myself, but the controllers I have are brand new in box and I don't wanna take them out of the box only to get shot down and then not be able to still sell them on Craigslist or whatever as new.

Went in and completely forgot to see if Minecraft for Switch would work. Some of these values are insane especially with the X360 BC games. Toy Story 3 $22 and Sonic All Star Racing $17($5 refurb fee) that was scratched pretty bad I didnt think they were going to take it. Red Box games seem to very profitable too. 

Got a B2G1 coupon from CS and it has worked at all 3 stores today

EBC3047411

Use it all you want. It works on multi.

According to GS website, the 500 gig X1S trades for 80 store credit. Any reason to wait for anything better, do they often run better promos than that? Ordered an X in that great ebay deal.

Is the "Pick up at Store" option no longer an option?  On the website if I click on a store the browser just sits there, and on the Android app I only have the option to call the store.

Does GS have the games you traded in for sale right away? I'm seeing that there in stock at the stores I traded them into. I might just get them and keep the ones that I've already hit the limit on. I'll just trade them in when the 30 days is up.

Does GS have the games you traded in for sale right away? I'm seeing that there in stock at the stores I traded them into. I might just get them and keep the ones that I've already hit the limit on. I'll just trade them in when the 30 days is up.
They should, but the POS is garbage sometimes and doesn't update for awhile. Usually whenever I do trades I notice them for sale right away.

Would this work for iOS?
Never tried. But should work on any app that generates a bar code based on a manual alphanumeric entry. I think something like keyring might also work (not sure if there's an ios vetsion of that app). Worse come to worst just say you must have put it in wrong and ask them to enter it manually.

Never tried. But should work on any app that generates a bar code based on a manual alphanumeric entry. I think something like keyring might also work (not sure if there's an ios vetsion of that app). Worse come to worst just say you must have put it in wrong and ask them to enter it manually.
Key Ring is available for iOS. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back