Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried calling a GS and have them try the coupon with 3 vita games, no good. Then I asked him to scan in a pre-owned switch game with the transaction and try the code again, still didn't work.

People that are posting if code works, thank you.

Could you please add state you are in and if you traded in same transaction as B2g1?

Maybe we can figure out a pattern.

Sorry TIV tanked.

Dallas,Tx. Tried both elite pro accounts with trade and no trade. Code did not work for any combination.

Maybe code worked for people account's who redeemed b2g1 code from pro day?

So how does the 70% work?
I’m elite pro. Say I trade in Mario Odyssey which is $33 for Elite Pro Members right now, does the 70% go off the 33 meaning I will get an extra 23.10 for a total of $56.10 towards a new game?
It’s 1.7 times base value (1.7*27.5)

Well, the TIVs tanked on the games on want to trade for Has-Been Heroes (S) and use the rest on PSN credit. Now I'm wondering if it'll be worth the effort. I'd be looking at under $40 left in store credit after buying the Switch game for the 60% Pro bonus. If nothing else I can flip HBH at a local game store unopened since they do accept new games for trade-in.

Cool. I never delete and redo wonky higher old values that still show up in my app, in case say someday Overwtches base is $10 and even otherwise 70% gets 17 and I can convince a shift supervisor to honor the refresh-proof price of $30 base on the app... even without any percentage or Elite bonus. I'm on good terms leave lots of good surveys so I've been honored like $80 for a scratched iPad that had dropped to $60 recently on P.O.S.

Sucks that the SB ended, but I just couldn't get out in the snow, and the games I'd be trading mostly would show up in recent transactions window. Long term, there's only gonna be more 60% and B2 promos as the spring and summer season rolls on.

The b2g1 coupon code was funny for a while, like last month when we told the nubs to use CAG16 in store... but now all the stupid questions from people with no icons is getting annoying... The code is FAKE you dumb fuck ! Tune in next month for the next trolling of the noobs!

Not sure if this was answered but will the 70% bonus work with the 10 dollar extra trade coupon in the active offers? Also, is that offer good for only 1 game or how ever many skus you have? Lastly, would the 5 dollar extra for switch games apply to this as well?

Not sure if this was answered but will the 70% bonus work with the 10 dollar extra trade coupon in the active offers? Also, is that offer good for only 1 game or how ever many skus you have? Lastly, would the 5 dollar extra for switch games apply to this as well?
You only get 1 of the bonuses. Pos figures out which is the most. Can use $10 bonus on multiple games.

Also - those of you who were messing around with the B2/G1 coupon... think of us old vets who also like to cling to hope. Be nicer when we believe the code gods smile down on us.

Reporting in again regarding the coupon.

Tried it with trade in, 3 pre-owned switch games, new switch game, pre-owned Vita games, with and without elite pro, all in store with a employee who was super cool about trying the coupon. We scanned the image as well as just tried typing it in. None of it worked. I'm in a suburb outside of Chicago.

All worked out though because they had a copy of Persona 4 Dancing All Night complete in box with Vita skin that they got as a trade in as well as a sealed copy of Axiom Verge multiverse edition for Switch.

Reporting in again regarding the coupon.
Tried it with trade in, 3 pre-owned switch games, new switch game, pre-owned Vita games, with and without elite pro, all in store with a employee who was super cool about trying the coupon. We scanned the image as well as just tried typing it in. None of it worked. I'm in a suburb outside of Chicago.
All worked out though because they had a copy of Persona 4 Dancing All Night complete in box with Vita skin that they got as a trade in as well as a sealed copy of Axiom Verge multiverse edition for Switch.
Which suburb? I can confirm neither of the Oak Lawn stores work.

Just got an email mentioning that I should be getting a B2G1 coupon soon for buying a 1X on pro day. Says it should show up by 3/12 in the active offers section of the app

The b2g1 coupon code was funny for a while, like last month when we told the nubs to use CAG16 in store... but now all the stupid questions from people with no icons is getting annoying... The code is FAKE you dumb fuck ! Tune in next month for the next trolling of the noobs!
But using cag 16 in store and combining with your gfs account you got 150% tiv!! Seriously though, while it might be funny to make stuff up to troll for awhile, it will definitely cause 300 noobs to sign up and start spamming questions. Misinformation isn't really that funny when there are dozens of people asking gs employees to scan coupons that never worked and drawing attention to things that attention shouldn't be on.

Moral of the story...

Still get trade in bonus (from base TIV) when you buy a NEW switch game in same transaction.

Base times 1.7 if you are elite.

There is no generic B2g1 coupon.

If you renew to get a B2g1 it takes a few days

PS: if there is a mole, it must’ve been hilarious trying to report a fake code.

I knew the lottery tickets was a troll too... but got an email from GS asking me "if I scored a scratch off for shopping early" and regret not asking for one.

15k in pur points from scratchers came in today. Still no pur points from transactions over the past few days.

So, I pre-ordered Shadow of Colossus, paid in full by trade credit. Picked up the game from store A and pretty quickly realized I could get it for much cheaper when I finally had time to play it, so I went to return it at store B, because it was closer. I fully expected them to give me credit back as a refund, but instead, I was handed cold hard cash... 

I mean, it's not hard to see the disparity between the value of cash vs credit when trading, so is this the regular way returns are handled? Did I benefit from a mistake and if I do it again (and again) will I get trade banned or some similar shit?

So, I pre-ordered Shadow of Colossus, paid in full by trade credit. Picked up the game from store A and pretty quickly realized I could get it for much cheaper when I finally had time to play it, so I went to return it at store B, because it was closer. I fully expected them to give me credit back as a refund, but instead, I was handed cold hard cash...

I mean, it's not hard to see the disparity between the value of cash vs credit when trading, so is this the regular way returns are handled? Did I benefit from a mistake and if I do it again (and again) will I get trade banned or some similar shit?
That happened to me once. I can't remember what triggered it.

Gift receipt? Or just associate?

Had them give me cash on a return once when I paid 90 percent trade credit ten percent cash. Never tried again but it worked that once. Was also doing a return from store a to store b.

Last week I had them give me back 120 in credit and 30 cash on a CE I paid all in credit for. No clue what caused it, manager had no idea either.

I scrolled up about 24 posts & didn't see an answer to this...

I see 2 trade deals for switch games, the 40% extra for preordering switch games, & 70% for trading toward new switch games or console.

My question is it doesn't say preorders are excluded on the 70% one, but not sure if it works on them nonetheless. Since there's a separate deal for preorders, is that the case? If you want to preorder switch games with the credit, can you only get the 40%? Can I buy a new switch game then return it unopened & put it toward a preorder at another GS to get the 70%? Thanks in advance.

I scrolled up about 24 posts & didn't see an answer to this...

I see 2 trade deals for switch games, the 40% extra for preordering switch games, & 70% for trading toward new switch games or console.

My question is it doesn't say preorders are excluded on the 70% one, but not sure if it works on them nonetheless. Since there's a separate deal for preorders, is that the case? If you want to preorder switch games with the credit, can you only get the 40%? Can I buy a new switch game then return it unopened & put it toward a preorder at another GS to get the 70%? Thanks in advance.
I preordered dark souls and got the 70% bump on my trades. So preorders work fine in my experience.

Anyone know what happens if you trigger two promo's at once? I have a bunch to trade and gonna buy bayonetta switch for the 70%, but I also want to preorder sea of thieves which has a 40% promo. Will I automatically get the better promo i.e. 70%?

Anyone know what happens if you trigger two promo's at once? I have a bunch to trade and gonna buy bayonetta switch for the 70%, but I also want to preorder sea of thieves which has a 40% promo. Will I automatically get the better promo i.e. 70%?
Yes the system will automatically give you the better promo

Yes the system will automatically give you the better promo
This is somewhat true. I traded Has-Been Heroes today along with some other games. When the associate first scanned the game, it showed $5 TIV plus the $5 bonus. Once I preordered Dark Souls for Switch to get the 70% bonus, the $5 promo was removed by the system and replaced with the 70%, which was actually less.

$5 TIV + $5 bonus = $10
$5 TIV + 70% extra = $8.50

15k in pur points from scratchers came in today. Still no pur points from transactions over the past few days.
I redeemed four scratchers way bacck in the past and all but one of them has posted to my account. The one that didn't post was the second 10% off coupon that I redeemed.

EDIT - The coupons expire on 3/15.

This is somewhat true. I traded Has-Been Heroes today along with some other games. When the associate first scanned the game, it showed $5 TIV plus the $5 bonus. Once I preordered Dark Souls for Switch to get the 70% bonus, the $5 promo was removed by the system and replaced with the 70%, which was actually less.

$5 TIV + $5 bonus = $10
I believe it's because it defaults to 1 promo with highest TIV for total trade and not highest trade per game. Just be aware and separate out trades to get maximum value if that's your goal. Obviously getting 1 or 2 more dollars isn't always worth the extra hassle.

traded in a stack of 360 games today I got for cheap on facebook and grabbed axiom verge multiverse edition and preorder the octopath CE. they rejected my copy of guitar 3 due to them having too many copies. Yesterday a separate store rejected a ps4 NBA2k17 because they said they had 150~ preowned copies on hand. never experienced  a rejection because too much stock before but different stores accepted them just fine 

After giving it some thought I went ahead and traded in the games for Has-Been Heroes and PSN credit. It's a hard deal to pass up even with the tanked TIVs. I still did good overall, so it's cool beans.

$5 TIV + $5 bonus = $10
Actually Elite stacks with extra $5 bonus so it's actually $11.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

traded in a stack of 360 games today I got for cheap on facebook and grabbed axiom verge multiverse edition and preorder the octopath CE. they rejected my copy of guitar 3 due to them having too many copies. Yesterday a separate store rejected a ps4 NBA2k17 because they said they had 150~ preowned copies on hand. never experienced a rejection because too much stock before but different stores accepted them just fine
The fine print says the stores have the ability to deny any trade for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back