Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I Saw on my trade offers that they were only offering 40% on switch preorders. I have not done anything yet so I an actually interested to see if this is something you actually have done. Thanks.
I did it today and got the 70% bump. Had Has-Been Heroes to trade in, so I needed something else to buy and Dark Souls was a success.

GameStop bumped the price of a lot of pre-owned games. fuckers
Edit: thought you meant tivs.

Double edit: why should I get a switch if I have a XB1, PS4 and WiiU, if I haven't already? Not into Zelda, RPGs, and I need good local multiplayer games I don't already own.

Edit: thought you meant tivs.

Double edit: why should I get a switch if I have a XB1, PS4 and WiiU, if I haven't already? Not into Zelda, RPGs, and I need good local multiplayer games I don't already own.
Depends on how often you want to play games on the go. The switch is my main console when traveling/away from home and my xbox one is my go to console when at home for playing online with friends

So anyone traded in accessories and got the 70% bump? The offer states games and accessories, but I saw some people claiming it didn’t work for accessories. Wanted confirmation before I trade in my new/sealed DualShock and Xbone controller. Thanks.

Depends on how often you want to play games on the go. The switch is my main console when traveling/away from home and my xbox one is my go to console when at home for playing online with friends
It won't happen. I'm almost always in a situation where mobile gaming isn't conducive.

So anyone traded in accessories and got the 70% bump? The offer states games and accessories, but I saw some people claiming it didn’t work for accessories. Wanted confirmation before I trade in my new/sealed DualShock and Xbone controller. Thanks.
Offer only states for games...the 40% does work for accessories

I traded in a couple games and a Wii classic controller didn’t get 70% bump

Offer only states for games...the 40% does work for accessories

I traded in a couple games and a Wii classic controller didn’t get 70% bump
Ahhh. You’re right. Overlooked the wording due to multiple NSW related promos going on. Thanks.

Some of the lego games on sale at BB are good flips to GS with the 70% extra. I was going to put a few on hold but just realized has been heroes went up to $20. Don't really feel like doing any pre-orders right now so will probably just save my BB credit.

Just ordered two sets of the lego games for the switch to trade-in lol. Should be around $200~ in trade in credit once I'm done, and I'll be able to pay off my ps4 pro god of war edition..

Some of the lego games on sale at BB are good flips to GS with the 70% extra. I was going to put a few on hold but just realized has been heroes went up to $20. Don't really feel like doing any pre-orders right now so will probably just save my BB credit.
Cool. I'll have to see if my local best buy has them in stock for store pickup. I think the promo ends on 3/14

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Yup, but the promo on their site specifically states games only. I don’t recall seeing a 70% bump on accessories so pretty sure it doesn’t apply here either.
If I show them the app, will they manually adjust or is that beyond their power or just something they simply won't honor?

For anyone flipping games, don't forget to take Switch games home and redeem them for gold coins. Got an extra 300 gold coins ($3) from that today.

I really need some GS to Best Buy movers! I only have $11 BB credit and need more fast.
I think this is the only way at the moment.

tenor.gif

My points from the last few days still haven't posted. Anyone else who was waiting get them yet?
Same for me too. I had my 15,000 points from a scratcher posted on 3/1, but haven't had any of my points from several transactions since then post. Only thing that gets added are my daily 5 point check-ins (I live close enough to 2 stores that the app lets me "check in" to one of them while I'm at home). Those daily 5 points will add up eventually! :D/

For anyone flipping games, don't forget to take Switch games home and redeem them for gold coins. Got an extra 300 gold coins ($3) from that today.
Five full priced games only nets a $3 reward? No wonder this friggen company wanted Goldeneye to end with Bond vising the people he shot in the hospital and shaking hands,

Five full priced games only nets a $3 reward? No wonder this friggen company wanted Goldeneye to end with Bond vising the people he shot in the hospital and shaking hands,
Yup, under their new program, each $60 physical game nets you $.60 in rewards. That's 100 full priced games, $6000, to get ONE new full priced game lmao

Yup, under their new program, each $60 physical game nets you $.60 in rewards. That's 100 full priced games, $6000, to get ONE new full priced game lmao
Like a credit card that gives you 1% cash back. This is an idustry standard. Somebody already did the consumer testing to figure what the minimum rewards need to get the maximum gain in sales. There's probably 1 report that's ever been done 20 years ago and every corporate flunky unwittingly relies on that data without knowing it's source.

Stupid thing is it works. Just like pricing items at $19.99 instead of $20. Somehow idiots respond to that crap.

Oh and 1 more thing. HOW IN THE WORLD WAS ANYONE SURPRISED THAT HAS-BEEN HEROES WENT BACK TO ITS REGULAR PRICE? THE FLYER HAD A START AND END DATE. THE FLYER WAS POSTED IN THIS THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back