Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 15 PS3/Xbox 360 games complete for $33. Even got a Dead Rising 2 steelbook in the haul. I don't have a bunch of the cheaper ps3/x360/wii games so going to hit some other stores before the b2g1 ends. 

I hate the way GameStop employees insist the system always give you the best deal possible. Went in to buy a used switch pro controller (basically mint). Thought I was going to get it for $47.99 (elite price) minus $40 worth of coupons, plus tax. Of course it uses the coupons first, resulting in an almost $10 more total charge because the 20% off is taken off the reduced total, not the $60 price. *Facepalm* shod have seen that coming.
The coupons literally lower the total price on the item.

Yes, it will reduce the total GCU % off (although preowned coupons have a 20 % baked in).

But this also means the tax is lowered or even eliminated.

I'm not sure I get the part about preowned coupons having 20% "baked in". I mean, yes, they are 20% cheaper in terms of point cost when you redeem vs a coupon that can be used on new merchandise but that's an understood.

And they still come out on top. The tax may be calculated on a smaller total, but not getting the 20% on the initial price means I pay more in the end because the tax rate where I live is no where close to 20%.

And to the bit about the employees-- not saying they are intentionally misleading, they probably don't even know themselves. Case in point, half the time I go in there, they get defensive when I suggest there's a bigger bonus or a promo they didn't know about, and it turns out 100% of the time there is and they weren't aware.

I don't blame them (I used to do their job). It's just annoying.

got a little nervous today when the associate says out lout “whoa, you’ve got preorders at a bunch of different stores”

PSA:

I don't see it mentioned in the thread but clearance collectibles should be 30% off.  I was able to pick up this guy for cheap.  It was marked at $14.97 but the associate had to do some manual "Promotion not found" discounts to get it there (he actually took it will below the $10.50 I was expecting).

146669b.jpg

Nice day of flipping but I wound up getting 2 games with a red box sticker. Fml I knew GS would reject them which is ironic. Check your disks dudes. I took it off but the disks were really smudged and I wound up getting 2 $5 refurb fees. I just took it because I was already tired from finding boomerangs. I miss the sheets. I had to pay off the game I put the bonus on at this store. It was Dark Souls so it wasn't too bad. The other store was cool about putting $5 on Smash. I tried to use my extra $10 on Has Been Heroes but it's only on select switch titles. I'm guessing Nintendo games only. [emoji852]

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Nice day of flipping but I wound up getting 2 games with a red box sticker. I knew GS would reject them which is ironic. Check your disks dudes. I took it off but the disks were really smudged and I wound up getting 2 $5 refurb fees. I just took it because I was already tired from finding boomerangs. I miss the sheets. I had to pay off the game I put the bonus on at this store. It was Dark Souls so it wasn't too bad. The other store was cool about putting $5 on Smash. I tried to use my extra $10 on Has Been Heroes but it's only on select switch titles. I'm guessing Nintendo games only. [emoji852]

That irony reminds me: I got hit with a few refurb fees for games I boomeranged. Really unethical and shady. I checked all the discs, too, and thought they looked fine. If i felt bad about what I was doing to begin with, their shitty practices would make me feel less bad.

That irony reminds me: I got hit with a few refurb fees for games I boomeranged. Really unethical and shady. I checked all the discs, too, and thought they looked fine. If i felt bad about what I was doing to begin with, their shitty practices would make me feel less bad.
For me it's to be expected from Xbox 360 games. The others had small scratches but the ones that got me fees were really smudged.

For me it's to be expected from Xbox 360 games. The others had small scratches but the ones that got me fees were really smudged.

Smudged as in sticker residue still on there? I got a refurb fee once for a poorly removed Redbox sticker. Took some of the actual cover art along with the sticker. I'm hesitant to do any more from Redbox in the future. Some came right off, others a total PITA. I was using a hairdryer, too.

Smudged as in sticker residue still on there? I got a refurb fee once for a poorly removed Redbox sticker. Took some of the actual cover art along with the sticker. I'm hesitant to do any more from Redbox in the future. Some came right off, others a total PITA. I was using a hairdryer, too.
I did have to remove the stick residue frm the top of the disc. The cashier didn't mind much that it was a little bit sticky. The bottom part was really smudged.

Keep in my mind also that cover art comes off really easy from Sony discs. They rejected mine because I really took off a lot of the cover art. They
claimed they wouldn't play but that's BS. They play just fine. Xbox discs take some effort to remove disc art. Like others have said before use a blowdryer on them to remove stickers.

Does the $5 bonus for trading in a Switch game stack with the 70% bonus for trading towards a Switch game? Or does the computer just pick whichever amount is biggest?

Keep in my mind also that cover art comes off really easy from Sony discs. They rejected mine because I really took off a lot of the cover art. They
claimed they wouldn't play but that's BS. They play just fine. Xbox discs take some effort to remove disc art. Like others have said before use a blowdryer on them to remove stickers.

Yeah PS4 art is ridiculously easy to peel off. I usually just leave the sticker on and risk getting the refurb fee.

I guess tomorrow my $10 Switch game bonus might actually apply. Most of the stores I’ve been to lately have been trying it without success.

Couldn't a black sharpie just cover up the peeled disc art?

The few GSs I deal with never even look that closely at the top of the disc.

Couldn't a black sharpie just cover up the peeled disc art?

The few GSs I deal with never even look that closely at the top of the disc.
The games I screwed up have a really large circle scratch where I tried to remove the sticker from.

Nice. I made $40 profit even after paying $10 in fees. I would share my lists of boomerangs but loose lips sink ships. The cashier was cool enough to adjust one of my games because he still hadn't put the updated price sticker on it.

IMO, Redbox flips aren’t worth the hassle unless you’re trying to build up some initial credit.

IMO, Redbox flips aren’t worth the hassle unless you’re trying to build up some initial credit.
Redbox flips are the best flips. Extremely easy to double your money. GS trades don't typically have that much return (typically you get 1.5x the value if you're lucky).

Always left the stickers on. Have never had an issue trading them in. Inquisitive looks, yes, but no straight up denials. Do NOT trade them in the Redbox case though, and like the poster above said, mix them in with a couple other games if you can help it.

Has anybody traded in a dualshock 4 controller recently (as in some time in the past couple days). Somebody said there was a 25% extra coupon, would couldn't you get $36.25 w/ elite? Have been trying to sell brand spanking new DS4 for $40, but keep getting lowballed even at that price on Craigslist.

Had a positive flipping experience the past two days bouncing between 3 gamestop. Everyone was real friendly and helpful.... Till my last trade in some JD manager hovering over the employee helping me. I had a duplicate game in a stack on 18 and she flat out refused it by taking it out of the stack the other employee was helping me with. Then she hit me with 3 refurb fees when I bought the game from her store the day before and then started looking up my receipts.

I even made a separate pre-order hoping I could get her name on my receipt to burn her but she actually called the other employee back to log in and do the transaction.

Not really complaining just venting my experience... Like 99% amazing and I did pre-order and good surveys for all my receipts to help out all the other friendly employees.

Hoping to use a B2G1 tomorrow for games I will trade into BB.  Don't generally bother with this but I need to buy a new phone (boo!).  Most of the newer games I'm searching for are listed on BB's site.  Anyone know what I should go for?  PMs are cool.  TIA.

Hoping to use a B2G1 tomorrow for games I will trade into BB. Don't generally bother with this but I need to buy a new phone (boo!). Most of the newer games I'm searching for are listed on BB's site. Anyone know what I should go for? PMs are cool. TIA.
Idk dude Only the new gen games are worth it.

Redbox flips are the best flips. Extremely easy to double your money. GS trades don't typically have that much return (typically you get 1.5x the value if you're lucky).

Always left the stickers on. Have never had an issue trading them in. Inquisitive looks, yes, but no straight up denials. Do NOT trade them in the Redbox case though, and like the poster above said, mix them in with a couple other games if you can help it.
Redbox flips are a pita and raise flags.

I also highly disagree with spending real money to make more GS money. In my experience, it's unneeded unless I need to make more for the next B2G1 promo. Which is almost never.

Hoping to use a B2G1 tomorrow for games I will trade into BB. Don't generally bother with this but I need to buy a new phone (boo!). Most of the newer games I'm searching for are listed on BB's site. Anyone know what I should go for? PMs are cool. TIA.
There is only really one credit mover i have found with the b2g1 and thats finding a store with 3 copies of pokemon white 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back