Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
System usually limits me to 3 at a time but worth a try.
I've had success bypassing that limit in the past by holding 3 through the website and another 3 through the app.

On a side note, can anyone confirm if Fire Emblem Warriors will get the extra $10 from the coupon even though it's not pictured as one of the select titles?

I've had success bypassing that limit in the past by holding 3 through the website and another 3 through the app.

On a side note, can anyone confirm if Fire Emblem Warriors will get the extra $10 from the coupon even though it's not pictured as one of the select titles?
Thanks for the tip.

Fine print for $10 coupon specifies 8 sku's and 8 only. As Fire Emblem Warriors is m ot one of those sku's then it is unlisted it will get the extra $10. Could however use a 50% switch trade in coupon if you have one of those.

FYI: details are also in the op. Thanks mike.

Get $10 bonus credit when you trade in SELECT Nintendo Switch games

Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart, Pokken, Xenoblade 2, Arms, 1-2 Switch, and Splatoon 2
9a23c6bee007d09be251f696a208c145.jpg

Just received an email from Gamestop that mentions Prestige Day tomorrow March 17th, deals include 50% off all shirts, 10% extra trade in, and B2G1 on ALL pre-owned items.

I just checked the store locator and it looks like my home store lost its Prestige title?! I'm pretty sure it was Prestige like a week or two ago. Bummer if it did lose it, because the only Prestige store in the area is a bit of a hike for me, and I'm not seeing any good games to pick up on B2G1.

Yikes. Gamestop shows the nearest Prestige store is 90 miles away. I wonder if they recently changed the status of stores? I know I had 2-3 in a 20 mile radius that were Prestige in January. Oh well :(

Yikes. Gamestop shows the nearest Prestige store is 90 miles away. I wonder if they recently changed the status of stores? I know I had 2-3 in a 20 mile radius that were Prestige in January. Oh well :(
I think they reevaluate metrics on regular interval - maybe every quarter or something similar.

As near as I can tell, there's currently only one Prestige store in all of southeast Michigan! There had definitely been more in February when I last looked around. I guess there have been a lot of unhappy customers around here lately.

Thanks for the tip.

Fine print for $10 coupon specifies 8 sku's and 8 only. As Fire Emblem Warriors is m ot one of those sku's then it is unlisted it will get the extra $10. Could however use a 50% switch trade in coupon if you have one of those.

FYI: details are also in the op. Thanks mike.

9a23c6bee007d09be251f696a208c145.jpg
Time to unload 1-2 Switch. Thanks for sharing

Looked at the "Store Locater" page on GS.com and two of my favorite stores lost their Prestige status. Only one is Prestige and thankfully it's a meager 3.6 miles away. I definitely gotta start doing the surveys and helping my 3 favorite stores out.

So when I traded Has Been Heroes last week by itself, I got $7 base + 20% + $5 for trading a Switch game for a total of $13.40. I assume this would work again if you just use the Elite 20% and the $5 promo?

If so Switch would be $35 * 1.2 + $5 = $47

Looks like the prestige stores near me no longer have their title. Doesn't really surprise me with the service going down hill. Selling other people's pre ordered games and lying to customers is a good start to bad reviews and losing prestige lol

Every time I see this thread title Gamestop "New" Thread, I don't know if it means it is a new gamestop thread, or if it is about their shady practice of selling open games as new, hence the "quotes" around new.  I guess it can be both.

Can you renew your elite membership repeatedly the same way we could with Pro? For example, if I just renewed mine last week to sept 2019, can I do it again to sept 2020 or will the system say no?
people that tried when the service first rolled out reported that it would revert you back to regular pro, extending your membership but losing elite status. dont know if that is any different now.

God my local stores got cleaned out of the Lego Games. Managed to do an instore pickup for the last Lego Marvel in like 80 miles, but I atleast had a few options for Lego Ninjago. Lego Worlds seems to be a lot more common.

Seems like the 2 prestige stores within 1 hour away have lost their status. Closest one is now over an hour and the only one within a 200+ mile radius. Thanks GameStop.

Why would a Gamestop in a nowhere town like Tell City, Indiana be a prestige store?

I noticed a similar thing. Nearest Prestige store to me is ~40 minutes away in a small city. I live in the largest city in my state.

Seems like the 2 prestige stores within 1 hour away have lost their status. Closest one is now over an hour and the only one within a 200+ mile radius. Thanks GameStop.
Same here in Michigan. The only Prestige store that I can find now in the entire state is in Shelby Township, which is on the extreme outskirts of metro Detroit. Last month I think we have 4 or 5 in the area, and surely more elsewhere in the state.

My store are cleaned out too. If you have BB credit, those lego switch games at the new price + switch trade in coupon tomorrow would be well worth it.
Was likely just gonna do it today towards Ni No Kuni 2's CE. I had it pre-ordered on Amazon anyway, so not burning $200+ cash and spending less sounds at the same time sounds nice to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back