Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen on GS's Twitter that MLB the Show 18 is releasing 4 days early if preordered. When I look in the app it's showing 8 days until release. I guess I should be good to pick up on Friday?

Hopefully these values hold for Switch games. $13 ish each to pick them up and take them to another store is pretty good. Would be great if the extra $10 stacks.
Just checked GS's site and it shows the same about the 4-day early access for those who pre-ordered. They'll likely send out an email or the store you pre-order it at will call with details on Friday.

Edit: Update, I got an email showing that my pre-order of the MVP Edition will be ready to pick up on Friday.

20180319_124720.jpg

Is there a use for points anymore? I know people used to stockpile them for cyber Monday, but that sale didn’t come back last year.
I'm going to use them on my ps4 pro god of war edition when I pick it up on release should able to use a $50,$25, & $15 code for $90 of the price.

Is there a use for points anymore? I know people used to stockpile them for cyber Monday, but that sale didn’t come back last year.
I've been using them on preowned certificates and buying the high priced switch games. Honestly they're useless to me other than overpriced Xbox Credit sometimes. Would much rather have trade credit.

Gamestop posted a video on YouTube stating "Buy Far Cry 5, get $10 bucks in reward cash"

Flips will be paying for Far Cry 5[emoji9]

Isn't there a way to use the mobile app to check your gamestop trade history? I seem to remember doing it before but can't seem ti find it now. Thanks in advance!
not in the mobile app but on the mobile website on your smartphone or tablet.

https://m.gamestop.com

It is under card activity. Then you have to tap on the transaction to see the details.

Might work in a desktop browser. Just seems to work better on mobile.

https://m.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/Dashboard#/PowerUpRewards/Account/Activity

What would be better if I don’t have a 50% coupon? 40% towards a preorder or 3 switch games for an extra $20?
Extra $20 is $6.66 per game if trading in 3 games. However if the 3 games are top tier nsw games the extra 20% equals $7, but you'd lose $5 towards preorder. It's worth it if you want that preorder game otherwise trade in sets of 3 at a time to maximize value.

Edit: this scenario reminds me of when people are confused as to which is the better deal - the giant oversized postcard 20% coupon or the save $10 on any $30 purchase printed on tissue paper on the back of the flyer coupon for bed bath and beyond.

Very tempted to trade in right now but with the rolling 30 days I just started some what fresh today. With my luck they count the hours in the rolling 30 days and then I would get banned.

Gamestop posted a video on YouTube stating "Buy Far Cry 5, get $10 bucks in reward cash"

Does it have to be at a Prestige Store? Because the site listed in the ad isn't showing any participating stores in STL, same as lack of prestige stores.

Does it have to be at a Prestige Store? Because the site listed in the ad isn't showing any participating stores in STL, same as lack of prestige stores.
I'm thinking that page/store locator is bugged, hopefully the results will change later today or this week. I'm in Detroit area, and it's showing the closest stores are six in the Sandusky and Cleveland Ohio area. There are Prestige stores closer to Detroit, and none of these six stores are Prestige stores anyways. My guess is they threw this page together this morning and haven't worked out the bugs yet.

Where is everyone getting this Switch coupon? I am an Elite member but not seeing anything.
It was a promotion GameStop had which required an in-store Switch-related purchase a couple weeks ago. $59.50 trade in is absolutely insane. Congrats to those that got it. I am trying to find filler games for the extra $20 Switch promo, but already at my limit for Lego Undercover and Lego Worlds.

It was a promotion GameStop had which required an in-store Switch-related purchase a couple weeks ago. $59.50 trade in is absolutely insane. Congrats to those that got it. I am trying to find filler games for the extra $20 Switch promo, but already at my limit for Lego Undercover and Lego Worlds.
Monopoly and LEGO Ninjago.

Extra $20 is $6.66 per game if trading in 3 games. However if the 3 games are top tier nsw games the extra 20% equals $7, but you'd lose $5 towards preorder. It's worth it if you want that preorder game otherwise trade in sets of 3 at a time to maximize value.

Edit: this scenario reminds me of when people are confused as to which is the better deal - the giant oversized postcard 20% coupon or the save $10 on any $30 purchase printed on tissue paper on the back of the flyer coupon for bed bath and beyond.
I don't have a 50% trade coupon, but I do have the coupon for an extra $10 credit on select Switch titles. Do you (or anyone else reading this) know if it stacks today with the current promotions (pre-order and/or trade 3 for $20 bonus)? Thanks for any info.

I don't have a 50% trade coupon, but I do have the coupon for an extra $10 credit on select Switch titles. Do you (or anyone else reading this) know if it stacks today with the current promotions (pre-order and/or trade 3 for $20 bonus)? Thanks for any info.
No it does not, but that is the 2nd best coupon to use if you have a lot of those games on the list. The best coupon is the 50% Switch trade in coupon, but you either have it or you don't.

No it does not, but that is the 2nd best coupon to use if you have a lot of those games on the list. The best coupon is the 50% Switch trade in coupon, but you either have it or you don't.
I'm getting conflicting answers .............does it stack or not? Someone said the 50% coupon stacks with 3+ Switch games for an extra $20 AND the 40% with preorder...............I NEEDS TO KNOW!!!

Haven't tested that but pretty sure they won't stack. Best bet is $10 if they are on the list. If not 3 for extra $20.

I'm getting conflicting answers .............does it stack or not? Someone said the 50% coupon stacks with 3+ Switch games for an extra $20 AND the 40% with preorder...............I NEEDS TO KNOW!!!
See the pic of a receipt posted a few pages back by Kotor15. That should help you figure out some answers :)

I am new to the gamestop trade and not sure how the trade promos work sometimes, got a quick question: I have about $400 in games and old accessories to trade in, would the 40% extra apply to the whole trade in if I preorder FarCry 5 or just to a portion of it? so, basically $400 + $160 (40%) or just on the portion enough to cover for the game?  Thanks for any insight from the pros 

I am new to the gamestop trade and not sure how the trade promos work sometimes, got a quick question: I have about $400 in games and old accessories to trade in, would the 40% extra apply to the whole trade in if I preorder FarCry 5 or just to a portion of it? so, basically $400 + $160 (40%) or just on the portion enough to cover for the game? Thanks for any insight from the pros
The whole thing would apply, luckily.

Kinda miffed I didn't receive a code since I bought HBH during the weekly sale, but I probably don't need to be flipping like crazy right now anyway lol.

Haven't tested that but pretty sure they won't stack. Best bet is $10 if they are on the list. If not 3 for extra $20.
Ok, thanks.
No, and as I just learned, you can’t even use the $10 right now because they won’t stack. The $5 applies automatically, and can’t be taken off. The dilemma is I’m guessing the switch tivs go down tomorrow..
I was able to use the +$10 today in a separate transaction. Won't work alongside other games getting promos.
Based on info you guys got at the stores before, any update on the $10 coupon stacking with any promo today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back