Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a trade with seven nsw games and a 50% extra coupon. I didn’t try preordering anything, and I got the 70% for elite + coupon.

I was looking around the store while the trades were being scanned and the SL runs up to me saying “Holy cow you got $xxx in credit!” I told her I also had the 50% coupon which she scanned...her jaw hit the floor. She was pissed that she traded all of her own nsw games two weeks ago, not knowing about the promo 😂

Took an extra 5 minutes on my lunch break and made $225. It’s been a good day!

It's amazing that the 50% extra trade in coupon scratcher that I got from Pro Day ended up being worst deal the last week.  

Would other accounts be able to use this coupon? If so, I may have one available as well.
It can be used but the using account risks being banned.

Sorry, I didn’t see this asked yet. But does the 50% coupon and $20 extra for 3 switch games stack?
No. They do not stack. The 50% extra is an offer, the $20 for 3 games is an offer. “Cannot be combined with any other offer”

It can be used but the using account risks being banned.

No. They do not stack. The 50% extra is an offer, the $20 for 3 games is an offer. “Cannot be combined with any other offer”
This. Coupons are tied to your PUR account. I have had a couple of accounts banned from using PUR certificates that I bought/got from a friend because they were not from my account. People who buy the 50% Switch trade in coupon should know that your account is at risk of getting banned if you use a coupon not tied to your account.

I just happened into a copy of South Park:  The Fractured but Whole :xb1: today.  Does anyone know if it got a bump in trade value over the weekend?

Don’t forget to redeem the coins for the Switch games before trading them in if applicable. You can redeem the same title more then once on different cartridges.

Have you guys been getting this Oops! Undefined: OrderSubmissionError

message preventing you from placing orders on gs.com? I cant get any of my orders to go through

switch coupon stacks for 70%, every switch game in transaction. the 8 top tier switch games, binding of isaac, bomberman r, lego worlds, ninjago, undercover netted me $680.00 :D

What games does the $10 Switch coupon apply to? It's not listed in the fine print. 

I'm assuming it only stacks with the 20% from elite, but since I don't have the switch boost I figure it's my best bet.

What games does the $10 Switch coupon apply to? It's not listed in the fine print.

I'm assuming it only stacks with the 20% from elite, but since I don't have the switch boost I figure it's my best bet.
Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart, Pokken, Xenoblade 2, Arms, 1-2 Switch, and Splatoon 2

Don’t forget to redeem the coins for the Switch games before trading them in if applicable. You can redeem the same title more then once on different cartridges.
Been doing this and ended up getting Enter the Gungeon. My question is, if a Switch cartridge can recognize whether a user claimed the gold coins or not, why can't files be saved to the cartridge?

Been doing this and ended up getting Enter the Gungeon. My question is, if a Switch cartridge can recognize whether a user claimed the gold coins or not, why can't files be saved to the cartridge?
I've assumed that each individual cartridge has an unique serial number, that gets registered on their My Nintendo database when it's claimed. The cartridges can't save data because they were made read-only due to cost and security (again, I'm just assuming).

I think it's more about sending nintendo a unique cartridge ID and then them dispensing a one-time sum of gold points for each cart

I've assumed that each individual cartridge has an unique serial number, that gets registered on their My Nintendo database when it's claimed. The cartridges can't save data because they were made read-only due to cost and security (again, I'm just assuming)
I think it's more about sending nintendo a unique cartridge ID and then them dispensing a one-time sum of gold points for each cart
Thank you very much for your responses. These make perfect sense.

Well 680 minus the price of the games.
Price of the games????

tenor.gif

$59.50 for those Nintendo Switch titles is the highest we'll probably ever see now. Only thing better would be $40 or $45 base + bonus (ala Pikmin 3) but doubt that happens again.

Have you guys been getting this Oops! Undefined: OrderSubmissionError

message preventing you from placing orders on gs.com? I cant get any of my orders to go through
Actually, yes. When I was getting the error, it was due to a product being out of stock but was showing as in stock. When I removed that item from my cart the issue went away.

So today I learned that you can stack trade in promo's but only if the employee allows it(I did not know this could be done, every employee always tells me you can only use one promo).  So I got the $20 bonus for 3 switch games and extra 20% for preorders plus 20% for elite pro.

I got $35.80 for Rayman legends, $38.90 for Ninjago and $56.90 for Xenoblade 2. All boomrangs too. 

I hate to interrupt the insanity of Flippapalooza, but are there any GS to BB movers?
Quite a few little ones I moved at a rate of $3.26 to $3.28 before GCU. All current gen...games like Shadow Warrior, JD 2014, Watchdogs. There are a lot like this if you’re inclined. Definitely a quantity over quality situation as it’s a lot of work for essentially break even.

Have you guys been getting this Oops! Undefined: OrderSubmissionError

this happens to me sometimes on chrome. clear your browser cashe. that gets it working again for me.

Quite a few little ones I moved at a rate of $3.26 to $3.28 before GCU. All current gen...games like Shadow Warrior, JD 2014, Watchdogs. There are a lot like this if you’re inclined. Definitely a quantity over quality situation as it’s a lot of work for essentially break even.
Thanks. I'm just getting started flipping, I've got about $150 GS Credit to work with, and I'd like to move some of that to BB to get started. I don't even have GCU yet, and my best buy is literally next door to my gamestop. Ha!

As that receipt showed, the $20 doesn’t trigger if you’re using your 50% coupon, a pre order 40%, or more than likely your $10 coupon.

Actually, yes. When I was getting the error, it was due to a product being out of stock but was showing as in stock. When I removed that item from my cart the issue went away.
Thanks for this. I finally got an order to go through. It was tricky bc i had a buncha 4/$20 in my cart and I didnt know which game was causing it.

Well 680 minus the price of the games.
Indeed. I used trade credit and B2G1 for 5 stacks of 3 top tier switch games and 1 stack of 3 mid tier switch games (kept 1 isaac). Also bought, a zelda and lego marvel with bb credit for $34/$15 as well as ninjago/worlds/undercover with gs credit for $20 each. i’m still sitting on 2 odyssey, pokken, kart deluxe, fire emblem, splatoon, xenoverse, and arms (~$400 worth of trade) because i’m sitting at $1,995 trading until 3/24. Oh, I spent 30,000 points to reup elite too.

Point is, I spent gs funny money to get even more gs funny money ... aka i spent nothing :)

Will my BB order go through for super Mario Odyssey if the coin is out of stock, but the game is in stock for store pickup. I ask because BB has screwed me in the past with bundled items, where if I pickup the base item but don't pickup the bundled item they charge me full price for the bundled item (in this case the coin, which is supposedly "valued" at $60).

Will my BB order go through for super Mario Odyssey if the coin is out of stock, but the game is in stock for store pickup. I ask because BB has screwed me in the past with bundled items, where if I pickup the base item but don't pickup the bundled item they charge me full price for the bundled item item (in this case the coin, which is supposedly "valued" at $60).
That coin is worth as much as the Sea of Thieves pre-order coin.

Evil gamestop sent me a gift card as a refund for 5 games that I bought online during the last 4/$10 but they never delivered. We'll just put this towards the 4/$20.

I traded in my Switch games and got $59.50 each with 50% extra trade in credit coupon and Elite bonus. I tried to return the Lego games but BB only allowed the ones that weren't "resealed" to be returned. It was BB who resealed it but oh well I got cash for Lego Ninjago at GS and got more than what I payed for it. The cashier let me do another trade because I wanted credit for the switch games and cash for the lego game. Apparently you have to do all your trades in one transaction otherwise the system locks you out. He might have been  misinformed or lying. I'm almost at my trade credit limit again but how well. another rolling 30 days will pass soon from 2/24.

Don't forgot about the BB>GS game Final Fantasy XII:  Zodiac Age (PS4) is 16GCU(20 non-GCU) this week.  Trades in today at GS for 20 base.

I think store pick-up will lower the cost to $15GCU/19non-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back