Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
4/$20 games are coming up at $3 a piece online for elite, and quite a few have tiv of $4 base. I picked up 32 games for $103 shipped

So, if you trade them all in, you net about $27? Seems worth it....

Official Capcom statement says on receipt after picking up/email within 1 to 2 weeks for digital release.
Now im sure this is wishful thinking, but do you or anyone else think ill be able to get a ps4 code for USF4, if I preorder the Switch Edition? (Which I did earlier in the week alongside God of War). I haven't heard nor seen any announcements for USF4 coming to the Switch.

4/$20 games are coming up at $3 a piece online for elite, and quite a few have tiv of $4 base. I picked up 32 games for $103 shipped

Hmmm, this assumes all arrive and are in a condition that avoids refurb fees. Honestly, I’d probably just re-up pro/elite with the B2G1...this seems like a lot of stock and time at the register.

On the flip side, it would work nicely to stagger between better opportunities to fill your purchase history with fluff.

Just FYI (apologies if posted), the trade value of Xbone S spiked a bit. Last week it was 64 cash/80 credit. Yesterday it was 84 cash/105 credit. Perfect timing since I just got my X and was looking to sell my S. Traded it in since 105 was decent enough.

Just FYI (apologies if posted), the trade value of Xbone S spiked a bit. Last week it was 64 cash/80 credit. Yesterday it was 84 cash/105 credit. Perfect timing since I just got my X and was looking to sell my S. Traded it in since 105 was decent enough.
Could of gotten $130 if you used $25 extra hardware coupon if you are pro or elite. Should’ve been in your active offers.

I believe there was a 25% extra promo on consoles that seems to have expired now, which might be why values went up.

How has the condition on retro stuff been? Have 16 NES/SNES/Sega/GCN games in my cart for $48. Only 2 GCN games that im not expecting cases for. These would be for my collection so don't want missing labels or games that are too beat up.  

Also does online only actually mean their different prices in store? Seen a few Wii U, X1, and PS4 games I want for the 4 for $20, but would like them complete. 

Can someone remind me of the unwritten rules of online ordering?

Considering playing the lottery game to try to get a nice copy of a few older games.

I know trying to order multiples in the same order is a bad idea but ehat about separate orders? Also, if my son has a power up account but has the same mailing address, is it better to create a second order through him or am I fine to do it on my own accout?

Considering playing the lottery game to try to get a nice copy of a few older games.

I know trying to order multiples in the same order is a bad idea but ehat about separate orders? Also, if my son has a power up account but has the same mailing address, is it better to create a second order through him or am I fine to do it on my own accout?
Ordering two of each game is a nonissue. System limits you to that.

Retro games tend to come in good shape. Cartridges only, of course.

I made a separate order of 24 PS3 games that I wanted to attempt to get better copies of, during the 4/10, and while some were better, most were ultmately not. Spent about $36 in credit to ship that many, swapped out a bunch of them, and returned the entire order, and massive props for the guy who gave me the $2.99-$4.99 original prices for them. Walked out with about $100 put back on my AMEX.

I might as well take this same post to say that I got a price adjustment on Burnout Paradise last night (I was out of town) without having to bring in the original game, YMMV of course. I was told it would stay on sale for a couple more weeks which makes no sense to me.

Hmmm, this assumes all arrive and are in a condition that avoids refurb fees. Honestly, I’d probably just re-up pro/elite with the B2G1...this seems like a lot of stock and time at the register.

On the flip side, it would work nicely to stagger between better opportunities to fill your purchase history with fluff.
I was pointing out that it didn’t seem worth the trouble. The first line was someone else - quote function didn’t work properly.

I'm not one to ever moan about the so-called "SD-effect", but this one was just too dramatic to overlook.  Within an hour of the 4/20 hitting their front page, online stock got WIPED OUT.  The change was unbelievably dramatic.

As much as fellow CAG's may get on your nerves from time to time, remember that some communities show absolutely NO restraint when a deal pops up.

Now im sure this is wishful thinking, but do you or anyone else think ill be able to get a ps4 code for USF4, if I preorder the Switch Edition? (Which I did earlier in the week alongside God of War). I haven't heard nor seen any announcements for USF4 coming to the Switch.
Unfortunately, no. As I mentioned in the PSN thread, USFIV is a current gen exclusive for the PS4. The only reason it's also on Xbox is that Xbox gets around this by making the 360 version available via BC.

I got 12 retro games and couldn't be happier with the selection. Now to be disappointed when half of them never show up...

Does it apply in store for ps3/360 stuff?

I am unable to place any orders from the website. I apply my trade credit, hit submit order, and it doesn't proceed.

Anyone experience this?
I haven't had any issues. But others have recently reported issues with items in cart that are actually out of stock causing orders to not complete. May want to try adding one/few items at a time and see if you can figure out if one is causing the error.

One of my orders did complete with a combination of gift card and credit card.

I actually ordered 8 games with this 4/$20....surprising myself here but I couldn’t pass up the $25 price for all of them.

Fine print in weekly ad says preorder bonus is only for XB1/PS4 preorders.

I got my first 24 games from the 4/20 deal today. EVERY SINGLE Gamecube game game in the original case!

happy-gif-2.gif

I got my first 24 games from the 4/20 deal today. EVERY SINGLE Gamecube game game in the
I have had good luck with gamecube cases, never received a case for saturn and very rare for dreamcast, og xbox and playstation.

I am hopeful for tomorrow when mine are delivered.

The other day someone posted a link to a list of games sorted by the trade in value bumps they received. Anyone have any insight into how to set up that filter?

The new ad actually has Burnout -- great. I bought the 4TB hard drive last Monday for $129.99 and now it's $10 off. Impossible to get the money back on that one.

Anyone else order games early on in the 4/20 that still haven't shipped? I made an order of 4 games early 3/19 and none of the items from that order have shipped. Made another order later on in the day of 4 more and all of those games have been shipped. Going to be very annoyed since the ones I really cared about are the first order and with my luck it'll just get cancelled or never ship.

I'm an elite member as well so with the 2day shipping, I should already be getting those either today or tomorrow. I'm going to be relieved if they just ship at all at this point.

Anyone else order games early on in the 4/20 that still haven't shipped? I made an order of 4 games early 3/19 and none of the items from that order have shipped. Made another order later on in the day of 4 more and all of those games have been shipped. Going to be very annoyed since the ones I really cared about are the first order and with my luck it'll just get cancelled or never ship.

I'm an elite member as well so with the 2day shipping, I should already be getting those either today or tomorrow. I'm going to be relieved if they just ship at all at this point.
I think you're fine. I'm Elite as well and buy quite a bit and sometimes I don't have games ship until a week later. I actually just had one order earlier this month take 9 days to ship.

The new ad actually has Burnout -- great. I bought the 4TB hard drive last Monday for $129.99 and now it's $10 off. Impossible to get the money back on that one.
It's not impossible. If the employees at the store are good people, you shouldn't have a problem getting the difference back. I've done it many times.

Only goobers trade in games for base value. Plus If the previous prediction of a 50% bonus in early April is true, then all these games would bump to $6 a piece. I don't plan on boomeranging most of these games, but doubling trade credit with minimal effort seems worth it.

That's why you only buy Blu-Ray and cartridge based games, very low risk of arriving in poor condition.

These things aren't hard, just learn to work within the system and you will succeed with little effort and even less cash.

Are WiiU games prone to failure or something? Out of the 15 or so games I've bought over the past couple months, maybe 1/5 seem to have issues (conversely I have had maybe 1/10 failure rate with any other console games, if that). They don't even look THAT bad. Don't think my WiiU is the culprit either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back