Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the counter to ask if they had any Preowned Starfox Zero copies.  They took one out of the drawer (I guess it was a "converted to preowned" copy, because it was still sealed.)  They ran their hand down the seal to start to tear it open.  Then they said "Oh, I guess it was sealed!"  Well, not anymore, LOL!

Was able to use some reward coupons to buy some games from GS to move to BB. I don’t remember BB requiring 2 IDs though. Glad I left my work ID in my wallet. First time this has happened in Northern VA.

I went to the counter to ask if they had any Preowned Starfox Zero copies. They took one out of the drawer (I guess it was a "converted to preowned" copy, because it was still sealed.) They ran their hand down the seal to start to tear it open. Then they said "Oh, I guess it was sealed!" Well, not anymore, LOL!
I must mention that I managed to acquire around 18 copies of Star Fox Zero, all brand new for around $40. and yes they were with the slip cover that includes SF Guard. One of my best scores ever! :D

-adding warranties without informing me (I’ll get a couple warranties if the employee is helpful but it’s shady to charge and not say anything)
-adding refurb fees without informing me
I’ve had the refurb fees charged without knowing but never warranties (yet). Like you, I bought a warranty simply because an employee was so helpful and nice. She even went to the back to get the best looking cases/cover art when I was buying 4 / $10.

Edit: Did they replace the week 1 Play Days deals with week 2 or just add onto them? Dark Souls Fire Fades is no longer $20.

Has anyone bought home depot gc with tc or gc? I was wondering if I can go from GS credit -> home depot gc -> outback or delta airlines gc

Has anyone bought home depot gc with tc or gc? I was wondering if I can go from GS credit -> home depot gc -> outback or delta airlines gc
I bought home depot credit from gs. I attempted to use the home depot gift card for other gift cards at home depot but register would not let it happen.

I sold 2 $100 home depot gift cards to gift card websites. One website gave $88 amazon credit. Another website gave $84 paypal.

I'm not a pc gamer but I've been using my of PC to play The fractured but whole and Ni No Kuni 2 so wanted to play wirelessly but my controller wasn't Bluetooth and the adapter costs $25 so today I traded in my Forza Motorsports 6 original Xbox one for $175 ($150 plus the $25 extra coupon) and got the Xbox one s sea of thieves. Then talked to the guys and traded in the sea of thieves game right after and bought defective Pikachu 😜 to get the extra 40% that I'm planning on returning tomorrow. So it was $175 for the Xbox and the coupon and $30 for sea of thieves. Total: $205 so $45 out of pocket (out of credit actually) to upgrade my Xbox one And the Bluetooth controller to play on my PC isn't bad at all.

GS > BB credit movers. This is taking into consideration BB GCU and GS Elite. Also takes into consideration that in Illinois there is also no tax on Gamestop purchases if you use tradecredit (not sure how it is in other states).

Battlefront 2 (XONE used)
NBA 2K18 (Switch)
Assassin's Creed (PS4 + XONE)
Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4 + XONE used)
Madden 18 (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1
Skyrim (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1
Thanks homie. Transferred $140 worth of credit and looking forward to making mo' doe

Does anyone if BB takes Arms for trade-in? It isn't showing up on the web... which seems odd to me for a first party Switch game.

GS > BB credit movers. This is taking into consideration BB GCU and GS Elite. Also takes into consideration that in Illinois there is also no tax on Gamestop purchases if you use tradecredit (not sure how it is in other states).

Battlefront 2 (XONE used)
NBA 2K18 (Switch)
Assassin's Creed (PS4 + XONE)
Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4 + XONE used)
Madden 18 (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1
Skyrim (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1
Thank you kind sir! I was able to move $450 worth of GS trade credit to BB. Like some others in the thread mentioned, I’m going to get Disney GCs for my upcoming trip in May! Thanks to you my hotel is paid for, and it was probably on about $100 of my own money initially used.

Wish Gamestop had a promotion on PS3 console trades. I've got a PS3 Slim, two move controllers, and an extra DualShock 3 to trade in, but want to maximize my profits. Thinking I may use the extra 40% towards Dark Souls and trade the controllers in at least. Just hope my Gamestop lets me put $5 towards Dark Souls so I don't have to put it all on the game and immediately cancel the pre-order. I am going to get Dark Souls on Switch, but at Best Buy with my 20% off. 

No doubt for pre-owned games. I was referring to games that are cheaper buying new and then trying to trade in to Best Buy.
Any new games I buy to trade in somewhere else I do this:

1. Drive to trade-in destination.
  2. Park in the parking lot of the trade-in destination.
  3. Whip out my phone and double-check the TIV of my new games.
  4. If satisfied, I open my games and go inside to do the trade-in.
  5. If not, I get pissy and plan on returning the games.

1. Drive to trade-in destination.
  2. Park in the parking lot of the trade-in destination.
  3. Whip out my phone and double-check the TIV of my new games.
  4. If satisfied, I open my games and go inside to do the trade-in.
  5. If not, I get pissy and plan on returning the games.
Agreed! lol Got to have a game plan for you game trades LOL

• Drive to trade-in destination.
  • Park in the parking lot of the trade-in destination.
  • Whip out my phone and double-check the TIV of my new games.
  • If satisfied, I open my games and go inside to do the trade-in.
  • If not, I get pissy and plan on returning the games.
Exactly this. Even if I have like 10-20 games it is worth it. I check values right before going in for all games, new and used. This is especially important with new games cuz you're otherwise sorta screwed since you can't return them opened and resale value (for eBay or Amazon) drops once it's opened.

Traded my VCR Xbone for $165. I had given up hope getting that much for it. Pretty good deal. Traded it for the 1 TB One s Sea of Thieves bundle. For $249. Already have Game Pass so didn’t need or want SoT but lucky 🍀 found someone in the trade thread to swap me for AC Origins. $85 (play money) to upgrade to the S & get AC Origins and swap my old worn out controller for brand new one wasn’t too bad.

• Drive to trade-in destination.
  • Park in the parking lot of the trade-in destination.
  • Whip out my phone and double-check the TIV of my new games.
  • If satisfied, I open my games and go inside to do the trade-in.
  • If not, I get pissy and plan on returning the games.
I did the samething today.
Another tip is to submit and online trade for those games just in case. You might loss the GC 10% and wait awhile but its a nice backup.

GS Q4 2017 Earnings Call highlights:

- only 30% of customers trade in games (games have longer life, extended by digital content)

- pushing more warranties / accessories

- trying to increase demographic to include moms & families (people clueless to cheaper game prices)

- trying to add more "value" to their programs by including more collectibles (I don't give a shit about collectibles, so it's a moot point for me)

- small increase in store footprint for collectibles

The only bonus to me is "more compelling" trade-in promos during major titles.  (Interesting to see how much better, if the "default" is 40% more TIV)

- only 30% of customers trade in games (games have longer life, extended by digital content)

- trying to increase demographic to include moms & families (people clueless to cheaper game prices)

- trying to add more "value" to their programs by including more collectibles (I don't give a shit about collectibles, so it's a moot point for me)

The only bonus to me is "more compelling" trade-in promos during major titles. (Interesting to see how much better, if the "default" is 40% more TIV)
Thanks for this. "Pushing more warranties / accessories." Ah shit, now every transaction will take 10 minutes instead of 5. No, I would not like to pre-order. No, I would not like to hear about new titles coming out. No, I would not like to purchase GPG since I take care of my games and you guys already provide a 30 day warranty on pre-owned.

The only bonus to me is "more compelling" trade-in promos during major titles. (Interesting to see how much better, if the "default" is 40% more TIV)
Thanks for the update.

Traded my VCR Xbone for $165. I had given up hope getting that much for it. Pretty good deal. Traded it for the 1 TB One s Sea of Thieves bundle. For $249. Already have Game Pass so didn’t need or want SoT but lucky found someone in the trade thread to swap me for AC Origins. $85 (play money) to upgrade to the S & get AC Origins and swap my old worn out controller for brand new one wasn’t too bad.
Why was it only $165? I'm thinking of doing the same thing but I wanted SOT. The VCR trades for $150 plus the $25 trade active offer should gross $175. Debating if the S is worth the xtra $ though since I am only gaming on a 22" HD monitor with 8,000,000:1 high dynamic contrast ratio (which I have no idea how that compares to high dynamic range but anyhow....).

Why was it only $165? I'm thinking of doing the same thing but I wanted SOT. The VCR trades for $150 plus the $25 trade active offer should gross $175. Debating if the S is worth the xtra $ though since I am only gaming on a 22" HD monitor with 8,000,000:1 high dynamic contrast ratio (which I have no idea how that compares to high dynamic range but anyhow....).
Those old contrast numbers were always so bizarre lol. You won’t notice a difference unless you have HDR. Lot smaller and more sleek though

How do you pay for hotel? I can get airline and the Disney cards, but I haven't seen a card that lets me do hotels too. (Sorry for the slight off topic).
I take it you’re staying offsite? Pretty sure you can pay your Disney hotel room bill with a GC if you’re staying on property.

He had a 500GB and you have a 1TB.

How do you pay for hotel? I can get airline and the Disney cards, but I haven't seen a card that lets me do hotels too. (Sorry for the slight off topic).
could also pay for food(parks and disney springs) with disney gift card, just charge it to your room. (need to stay at disney hotel to do this)

I'm always offsite. The $450 he mentioned would pay for all of one night at the Disney Hotel itself. It's literally a 4 figure difference in total if we just stay at a hotel near the park. I'd love to be able to stay at the actual hotel just once though. But that's why I though he was able to do GS GC to, like, expedia or something.
I meant onsite hotels, sorry. We’re staying at All Star Movie Resort and I got a good deal (I’m told) being Active Duty Military ($580 for 4 nights). This won’t cover our flights, but it will cover the majority of the room. My other GS>B.B. movers from earlier this month will cover the rest :). Anything helps!

I'm always offsite. The $450 he mentioned would pay for all of one night at the Disney Hotel itself. It's literally a 4 figure difference in total if we just stay at a hotel near the park. I'd love to be able to stay at the actual hotel just once though. But that's why I though he was able to do GS GC to, like, expedia or something.
I recommend you consider vacation club points. We bought points for the Grand Floridian Villas before they opened for $9,000 and that allows us to stay there 4 days 3 nights every year or a week every other for 50 years. These villas are $500+ a night out of pocket. The points work at any Disney resort including non-theme park options as well...a great investment imo

I recommend you consider vacation club points. We bought points for the Grand Floridian Villas before they opened for $9,000 and that allows us to stay there 4 days 3 nights every year or a week every other for 50 years. These villas are $500+ a night out of pocket. The points work at any Disney resort including non-theme park options as well...a great investment imo
Those points are now $18k+

When you say the Disney Hotel to what are you referring? They’ve got about a dozen of them on the WDW footprint.

Traded my VCR Xbone for $165. I had given up hope getting that much for it. Pretty good deal. Traded it for the 1 TB One s Sea of Thieves bundle. For $249. Already have Game Pass so didn’t need or want SoT but lucky 🍀 found someone in the trade thread to swap me for AC Origins. $85 (play money) to upgrade to the S & get AC Origins and swap my old worn out controller for brand new one wasn’t too bad.
Was planing on trading a og Xbox one, but someone wanted one and didn’t care about 4K.
So gave it to someone to enjoy.
Sometimes it’s good to give back.
Anyway got the Xbox one a during the target promo.

On a unrelated topic, Anyone know what a brand new ps3 super slim is worth? Still rocking the ps3 slim and picked up two super slims for backup

In CA, the actual Disney hotel. The Grand Californian looks good too, but it would be wasted on the kids, and Paradise Pier is just...no.
Gotcha. They call it Disneyland Hotel as I recall, hence the confusion.

Eager to take another trip to Disneyland, but it probably won’t be for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back