Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol GameStop is at it again with their "up to" wording. Surprised it still fools people on this site.

Not every console got a $80 boost. ONE console got an $80 boost. It's right there on the ad. A 2TB Xbone S went from $130 to $210 TIV. Right next to it there's a PS4 1TB slim that shows a $40 boost from $140 to $180. The prices on the site and the app already show the "up to" boost prices. Some consoles went down as well. PSVR dropped $10.

Hang up your dreams of getting $85 for your phat ps2....

I attempted the actual trade. Was my post not clear? I had the system in the store and that was going to be the trade value. The $80 isn't related to anything more than probably referring to some old lowball value of the X1X since it says "up to $80".
I see. Just kinda wish Gamestop would word it better and not let customers figure things out by themselves. So the value is as is.

Lol GameStop is at it again with their "up to" wording. Surprised it still fools people on this site.

Not every console got a $80 boost. ONE console got an $80 boost. It's right there on the ad. A 2TB Xbone S went from $130 to $210 TIV. Right next to it there's a PS4 1TB slim that shows a $40 boost from $140 to $180. The prices on the site and the app already show the "up to" boost prices. Some consoles went down as well. PSVR dropped $10.

Hang up your dreams of getting $85 for your phat ps2....
Hold fast to dreams.

For when dreams go,

Life is a barren field,

Frozen with snow.

This is where I am now, wondering if I should use my $10 offer on these or wait till next month to see if there's something better. Zelda has been solid for retaining its value though.
I’m in the same dilemma. I have that $10 extra but I could only use it on one copy anyway I think. I’ll be patient and if nothing else, sell it on Ebay or locally.

I traded in 3 ps3 controllers today for $63. Had to put $5 on dark souls to qualify, but ended up getting God of War for $1.99 lol. 4/20 is also my birthday so there's a free birthday gift to myself.

Aw darn, just the other day XBOX ONE Controllers were trading in at 30.00 and now they're at 19.00. Any chance these could go up sometime?

Select iPad's will have $125 guaranteed TIC at BB from now until May 5th. Obviously no B2G1 on hardware or any sales on iPads on GS.com at the moment, BUT if GS does happen to have B2G1 on hardware between now and 5/5, this could be a good way to move large amounts of credit from GS > BB.

Get a Minimum $125 Best Buy Gift Card when you trade in a working iPad mini 2 (with Retina display), mini 3, mini 4, Air, Air 2, iPad Pro, or iPad (5th generation)

Apple Pencil is sold separately. Valid in store only 3/30/18–5/5/18. When you trade in a working iPad mini 2 (with Retina display), mini 3, mini 4, Air, Air 2, iPad Pro, or iPad (fifth generation), get a minimum $125 Best Buy gift card. Not all products are eligible for trade-in. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Trade-in value may vary. Condition, documentation and accessories may affect value. Excludes devices that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power. You are responsible for removing any data from your product before providing the product for evaluation. You will be required to agree to the terms and conditions. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade-in or to limit quantities for any reason. Limit of 1 trade-in per person. No rainchecks. Tax is applied based on the full retail value. Limit 1 coupon per transaction. For details see an Associate or BestBuy.com/TradeIn.

Where did people hear of an upcoming trade promo for 6+ for 50%? Any potential dates?
I've only seen one post regarding the next tiered trade promo, and it was over 2 weeks ago (I.e. I don't know how much validity, if any, there is to it)...

ASM at one store and the SM at another store in Long Island today told me that 4/4 - 4/10 is a 30% for 2 games, 40% for 3 games, and 50% for 4 games promo. No other details.

Is it ymmv on stores accepting third party GameCube controller trade ins? Or do all stores not take them?
maybe ymmv, but my locals will not take any, I even have official gamestop branded gc controllers and they wont take back their own house brand, but I did trade in dinged up bad stick, worn thumb pads for full value, the refurb on retro took no money off, ymmv on the employee doing it, they could just deny it as well I suppose,

Also, maybe someone call tell me, how low was the tiv on the xbone 500 for elite credit before this supposed bump? only $60??

I was hoping the 4 for $20 would work again online with retro games as I couldn't find but one store with four complete games that I wanted these past couple of weeks. With the retro stuff I'm not too bothered not getting a case and manual although that would be appreciated. Seems unlikely at this point and I'm not interested in revisiting the 4 for $10, so I may just wait until the 4 for $40 arrives.

if i want to redeem 90 worth of certificate for ps4 pro gow, should i redeem it after 3/31?
Why don't you redeem the certificates when you go pick up the system? I redeem through my app and it will give you the barcode instantly.
Like sonicguile said. I did $105 in certificates when I picked up my Project Scorpio Xbox One X. It also ends up saving more because you don't get taxed for what the certificate takes off either.

Yeah I traded in a 1 TB VCR XB1 for $175 (after $25 active offer) and used a $50 cert to get the 1 TB SOT XB1 S system for $44 after tax.  Probably should have also used a few extra certs ($25 and $15) and would have only paid 20 cents after tax.  But I didn't want to deplete my points in case there is another cert sale cyber monday (wishful thinking).  Plus I was using trade credit to pay the difference anyway.  And the system comes with the physical copy of the game which I can trade back in during the next promo. 

Jealous of anyone who got $80. I sure came close, manager guaranteed it , went home got system , erased and tested in store , ring up, apologized and refused to honor it claiming the fine print on the Current Trade Offers said “for any Xbox One” which meant “any (VCR) Xbox One” not Any Xbox One S or Any Xbox One X so he would only give extra $80 on the fat model. :whistle2:(

Worth a shot. I backed up things well. And wouldn’t be interested in upgrading for $140; only for the $220-255. I don’t need an X that bad.

Also, maybe someone call tell me, how low was the tiv on the xbone 500 for elite credit before this supposed bump? only $60??
Before the bump, base TIV was $80.

New GS coupon showed up, Get an extra $5 bonus on any game traded, expiration 4/14. Does anyone know if this is for a single game or each game? The fine print refers to game singular as well as plural. $5 per game seems too good, but I thought I’d ask. Sitting on a pile of $2-3 base TIV games...

Before the bump, base TIV was $80.

New GS coupon showed up, Get an extra $5 bonus on any game traded, expiration 4/14. Does anyone know if this is for a single game or each game? The fine print refers to game singular as well as plural. $5 per game seems too good, but I thought I’d ask. Sitting on a pile of $2-3 base TIV games...
I got an extra 50% on any "game" traded.

Kinda off topic: has anyone preordered a game and fully paid off (was forced to due to trade bonus the guy insist), not pick it up, but the app shows that item was already picked up? Not sure if I’m going mad, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t picked the item up. Can GS somehow mark your preorder this way without you knowing?

BTW obviously I could go into the store and ask but it’s my words against the app, So might be a losing battle. Just curious if anyone has come by this.

The app is shit. I've had pre-orders saying I've fully paid off a pre-order when I know I haven't. You get points for picking up a pre-order, so maybe check your point balance to see if anything has changed recently. Otherwise, talking to an employee would be your best route.

My apologies if this has been asked before (I couldn't find it) -- if  you the 40% credit promo towards xbox credit, do you have to spend all of the trade in value towards a card?

Thanks!

Got the $5 extra coupon, but ah well. Has anyone's GS website and app been acting up or is it just me?  Tried requesting a hold in store for a console last night, and got a "We could not fulfill your order" this morning. That's fine, but when I go to see what other stores close to me that have it, and the pick up in store on the website does not work. Tried using the app, but it will not let me see any stores closer than 25 miles out from me. It's bizarre.

Website on Chrome has been shit for me for past two days. Can't search anything on the site, and when looking up trade values I can only do games. It won't let me switch to console/accessories/etc. Then when I do look up a game, no artwork is shown unless I mouse over the empty space on the page where the artwork should be. 

Website seems to work fine on (ugh) Edge. 

Kinda off topic: has anyone preordered a game and fully paid off (was forced to due to trade bonus the guy insist), not pick it up, but the app shows that item was already picked up? Not sure if I’m going mad, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t picked the item up. Can GS somehow mark your preorder this way without you knowing?

BTW obviously I could go into the store and ask but it’s my words against the app, So might be a losing battle. Just curious if anyone has come by this.
I mean if I am a Gamestop employee who is shady that doesn't want his numbers affected by you taking advantage of the system. I could pick up the pre-order in one transaction and then the next transaction return it to your Pro card. The return hurts less than a cancelled pre-order and an unpicked up pre-order.

Anyone buy an XBox 1 system and use the $15 off select controllers coupon?  I'm wondering which controllers are eligible since they are already $10 off right now, which would bring the pre-tax price down to $34.99 for a black or white one. 

Anyone buy an XBox 1 system and use the $15 off select controllers coupon? I'm wondering which controllers are eligible since they are already $10 off right now, which would bring the pre-tax price down to $34.99 for a black or white one.
I tried to use this coupon when I picked up my Xbox One X, it did not stack with $10 off sale. The system didn't take an extra $15 off the controller, but only took $5 to get a total of $15 off a brand new controller. My store tried it two different ways, but YMMV

Just realized that even though the app says 3/30 for the extra $10 on select Switch games, the coupon itself says 3/31. Don't think it matters for me, but could be worth it for some people here

Thanks for the heads up on the coupons. I received a 50% bonus trade coupon. On the coupon it says it expires on 4/8, but the website side date says 4/15.

I tried to use this coupon when I picked up my Xbox One X, it did not stack with $10 off sale. The system didn't take an extra $15 off the controller, but only took $5 to get a total of $15 off a brand new controller. My store tried it two different ways, but YMMV
Thank you for this...don't know if I need a 2nd controller for $45 plus tax...I'm the only Xbox one gamer really in my house and most of the games this generation are 1-player only (unless online)...which brings me to another point:

Where are all the good AAA couch co-op games? Where have they gone?

Thank you for this...don't know if I need a 2nd controller for $45 plus tax...I'm the only Xbox one gamer really in my house and most of the games this generation are 1-player only (unless online)...which brings me to another point:

Where are all the good AAA couch co-op games? Where have they gone?
They were killed off by multiplayer online, sadly.

Maybe people are getting coupons for buying stuff yesterday or the day before, as it seems like there were issues with PUR points (I know somebody said one store couldn't even access points or offers or something).

Maybe people are getting coupons for buying stuff yesterday or the day before, as it seems like there were issues with PUR points (I know somebody said one store couldn't even access points or offers or something).
I did a trade in and purchased something yesterday but no new coupons, so that can't be it.

Anyone buy an XBox 1 system and use the $15 off select controllers coupon? I'm wondering which controllers are eligible since they are already $10 off right now, which would bring the pre-tax price down to $34.99 for a black or white one.
I kind of wish I had tried the plain white/black controllers but the Ocean Shadow called to me... I can confirm that I did get the $10 off + the $15 off with the coupon on that one for a total of $45 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back