Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email and I am in NC. With it being Easter maybe the promo haven’t loaded in the register because someone at corporate forgot to flip a switch. I am sure tomorrow it will show up but I could be wrong. They never know their promotions when I shop in there.

You guys operate at levels of sarcasm I don’t understand but the 70% extra is legit.

b045036c-83ce-4179-alqs9b.jpeg

Not that interesting to me unless they do B2G1 though.
Showing up for me in the active trades:

8Y2IA7t.png

I got the email and I am in NC. With it being Easter maybe the promo haven’t loaded in the register because someone at corporate forgot to flip a switch. I am sure tomorrow it will show up but I could be wrong. They never know their promotions when I shop in there.
This is very likely. Also possible the switch is using a holiday calendar, but retail employees are told the calendar doesn't apply to them.

I doubt the 70% tradie-in offer is an April Fools joke. That wouldn't sit well with a LOT of customers. Quite probably the higher ups are off today (being both Sunday and Easter), leaving the store employees/game advisors clueless once again about an impromptu deal.

I also received the 70% bonus email and I'm in Texas (cash same as credit is allowed). GS probably did not update their system to reflect their promo. Guess their sales department and marketing department are two separate departments that don't communicate with each other, with IT left out of the loop. 

I got the 70% extra trade in email and I'm in California. Hopefully the website reflects this after the holiday. Got a few games I can trade in.

Confirming that it works here in California. The games I got in the 4 for $20 sale all came out to $8.50 each after the boost ($5 base). There was also a sign up saying both games and accessories get the 70% boost.

Edit: not bad considering these were $3 each
IDWJPdC.jpg

Confirming that it works here in California. The games I got in the 4 for $20 sale all came out to $8.50 each after the boost ($5 base). There was also a sign up saying both games and accessories get the 70% boost.

Edit: not bad considering these were $3 each
IDWJPdC.jpg
Dang, I just traded in my DS4 for the 45% bonus the other day.

is it possible this is a california promotion due to the cash value thing? Maybe they sent the emails to everyone accidentally.

Got 70% (well, technically 50%) bonus on cash here in SDCA. We get taxed on trade credit anyways so I took cash.

People this isnt a Cali thing only.  You have to try to understand the usual flood of responses and people doing this is slowed because it is a HOLIDAY

What’s up with that Pikachu doll? Looks like a 40 year old white boy that takes selfies in front of strangers’ parked sports cars and runs a BMX podcast in order to meet little girls.

Does anyone remember the “trade for cash” 30 day limit?
From an old thread.

What is the trade limit?

"You can trade in about $2000 worth of credit and $500 dollars cash in a rolling thirty days. These aren’t hard limits so you might not get banned if you go a little over these amounts. The flip side is that you could also be banned by getting close to the limit. That being said, it is better to err on the side of caution, and try not to get top close to the 2k limit within the rolling 30 days."

It’s a joke alright... As an example, Middle Earth - Shadow of War shows base trade in of $15. If you are elite pro, shows trade in base of $18 before promo. Additional percent is based on original base, (not elite pro base) so instead of getting $30.60, you would get $25.50. fuck gamestop promo math...

It’s a joke alright... As an example, Middle Earth - Shadow of War shows base trade in of $15. If you are elite pro, shows trade in base of $18 before promo. Additional percent is based on original base, (not elite pro base) so instead of getting $30.60, you would get $25.50. fuck gamestop promo math...
That's bullsh*t!

What? $18 isn't the base price though. That's $15 base + 20% bonus from Elite. The 70% for Elite is 20% + 50% = 70%. Meaning, 70% on the base price. There isn't a separate base price for non-Elite and Elite.

can somebody tell me what is the trade limit of same game that i can bring into store ? , i dont remember the amount and i dont want to get trade banned 

The OP is great but I’m thinking about making a really extensive Wiki for GameStop math.
The OP is great?????? Now I know you didn’t read it. :p

Please correct me if I’m wrong since I want to put into the FAQ

GameStop ok to trade in 4 - 5 likely gets you banned. 30 day rolling

Best Buy ok to trade in 3 - 4 gets you banned. Year rolling???

Some people just can’t Gamestop math though.
You’re right. I should have approached it like ‘how can gamestop technically call it 70% wihput it REALLY being 70%’, or ‘how can gamestop find a way to reduce the value of the elite pro membership when it comes to promos’?...

You’re right. I should have approached it like ‘how can gamestop technically call it 70% wihput it REALLY being 70%’, or ‘how can gamestop find a way to reduce the value of the elite pro membership when it comes to promos’?...
Gamestop isn’t reducing anything. There is a single base amount, it is the same for all customers. Pro gets 10% more added to that base, Elite gets 20%.

Now with this deal you would add 50% to that base if you are a normal customer, 60% for pro, and 70% for elite. It’s not them taking anything away or reducing something.

As for value of the Elite pro membership, I mean I’ve made well over $30 from the membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back