Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Capture_2018-04-02-16-05-35.png

Oops lol. Well played Gamestop.

Any BBY-GS flips?
I see you asking this all of the time.

Let me educate you.

Go to Best Buy website and look at video games, narrowed down to on sale. This link may work: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat1487698928729&st=categoryid%24pcmcat1487698928729&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DCurrent%20Deals~On%20Sale
Look at the Best Buy price. Multiply that by 1.0x where x is you sales tax. This gives you the after tax price you’ll pay for a game.

Now go to Gamestop.com/trade and type in your games from the list you should have made of games on sale at Best Buy.
Multiply the BASE trade value by 1.10 for pro, 1.20 for elite, 1.30 for pro preorder bonus, 1.40 for elite preorder bonus, 1.60 for pro 50% extra or 1.70 for elite 50% extra.

Now look to see if the result of your TIV after the promo is more than the after tax purchase price at Best Buy. Those that have promo TIV greater than after tax purchase price are your profitable movers.

Now you don’t have to rely on some stranger on the internet spoon feeding you, or trolling you with a list of BS.

I see you asking this all of the time.

Let me educate you.

Go to Best Buy website and look at video games, narrowed down to on sale. This link may work: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat1487698928729&st=categoryid%24pcmcat1487698928729&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DCurrent%20Deals~On%20Sale
Look at the Best Buy price. Multiply that by 1.0x where x is you sales tax. This gives you the after tax price you’ll pay for a game.

Now go to Gamestop.com/trade and type in your games from the list you should have made of games on sale at Best Buy.
Multiply the BASE trade value by 1.10 for pro, 1.20 for elite, 1.30 for pro preorder bonus, 1.40 for elite preorder bonus, 1.60 for pro 50% extra or 1.70 for elite 50% extra.

Now look to see if the result of your TIV after the promo is more than the after tax purchase price at Best Buy. Those that have promo TIV greater than after tax purchase price are your profitable movers.

Now you don’t have to rely on some stranger on the internet spoon feeding you, or trolling you with a list of BS.
Wow, thanks for all that education.

I didn't get the 25% email. What is the fine print there? still going through 22nd? so everywhere but cali get cash = credit AND 25% boost now?

I didn't get the 25% email. What is the fine print there? still going through 22nd? so everywhere but cali get cash = credit AND 25% boost now?
the 25% extra is the cash same as credit promo, when there is no promo going the penalty for taking cash is 25%, now that cash=credit, you are getting 25% more, but its still just 1:1 as compared to credit.

You walked out of a Gamestop because you were expecting a 100% trade bonus. I’m pretty sure those angry tears you hear are your own.
Nice - It looks your meds finally kicked in and you were able to pull yourself together and compose a somewhat civilized variant of ‘no, u’.. why were you so over the top upset about my comments anyway?

Nice - It looks your meds finally kicked in and you were able to pull yourself together and compose a somewhat civilized variant of ‘no, u’.. why were you so over the top upset about my comments anyway?
Let me know when your ability to do basic multiplication and or division kicks in.

DiG3hMY.jpg

Last night I saw the prices on puzzles (Gamestop App). After work I stopped by some stores. This is my haul. Used trade cred of course. The skyrim ce guide was staring at me.

Let’s knock it off and play nice with each other. All our energy should be geared towards screwing GS and not against each other. 🙂

Yes, this is exactly what I had called about. You should call the store before you go to be sure they are aware and will honor it. I'll go do mine in a bit.
Just to close this out, was able to do this no problem. Employee had to manually adjust the few titles I traded it but worked out as planned. Hope others got in on this GS mistake.

Where did everybody see the 50% extra trade in , i live in san diego but dont see it anywhere on their website or have received any email , do i need to go in store to see the sign ?

I just got an email telling me that they sent the wrong email yesterday.. 25% extra credit.

Not telling anyone anything they don’t already know.

so i just got another email stating that the second email was incorrect and that the first email that they send out was the correct one , stop playing with my feelings gamestop!

[img-c='']
yWFdz8t.png
[/img-c]

DiG3hMY.jpg

Last night I saw the prices on puzzles (Gamestop App). After work I stopped by some stores. This is my haul. Used trade cred of course. The skyrim ce guide was staring at me.
Thanks for the inspiration! I can't cobble anything like that together, so I'll see if my home store can find some of the cheaper things in the area for me.

anyone having trouble checking out at GS online right now?

I cant seem to get an order in while logged in. I know people have mentioned being banned in the past, but I dont think Ive done anything shady with online purchases.

anyone having trouble checking out at GS online right now?

I cant seem to get an order in while logged in. I know people have mentioned being banned in the past, but I dont think Ive done anything shady with online purchases.
I'm having trouble placing holds on things, so it's not just you.

is the limit 4 for 30 days a hard rule? has anyone ever been slapped for going over 4 a few months after the 4th game?

Anyone happen to know how many times I can renew my Power Up Elite membership for the B2G1 coupon? I'm currently subscribed through January of 2020.

Has anybody tried trading in more than one game with $5 bonus on any game traded coupon? I have a few games that I want to trade in and just wanted to see if anybody had attempted it yet. I know several people have already asked this question in the last few days but I haven't seen a response unless I missed it.

GameStop employee just asked me if I wanted to use my “Get 50% Bonus on any game traded coupon” I checked my app again, and sure enough there it was in my active offers. I politely declined and ran away to get my good stash of trades. I should have asked if it was good towards a single game or multiples in the same transaction.

GameStop employee just asked me if I wanted to use my “Get 50% Bonus on any game traded coupon” I checked my app again, and sure enough there it was in my active offers. I politely declined and ran away to get my good stash of trades. I should have asked if it was good towards a single game or multiples in the same transaction.
I’m wondering the same about using on multiples or if it’s just one game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back