Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried using my $5 extra coupon earlier with Wii Sports and it kept saying invalid. Never seen the employee before so hopefully it was user error.

Does anybody know if GS or BBC sell hotels. Com gc's?

Am I only who hasn't received any of these coupons? No extra $5 per game, No 50%, not even any extra points coupon. Do you have to buy something during the last sale or sale before in order to get one of the coupons? I just don't get it, I am an elite pro member and am active in buying and trading games, even preorders.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Am I only who hasn't received any of these coupons? No extra $5 per game, No 50%, not even any extra points coupon. Do you have to buy something during the last sale or sale before in order to get one of the coupons? I just don't get it, I am an elite pro member and am active in buying and trading games, even preorders.

I didn’t get one but gf did on her pro account. Since her account was used to buy/trade same games as my account I cannot figure out what triggered the $5 bonus.

I went to test it this evening and it disappeared from her active offers.

You're not alone as I didn't get any either. Only coupon I have is a crappy Buy an Xbox One system, get $15 of a Xbox One controller coupon

I didn’t get one but gf did on her pro account. Since her account was used to buy/trade same games as my account I cannot figure out what triggered the $5 bonus.

I went to test it this evening and it disappeared from her active offers.
Mine disappeared as well. Wtf...expiration was the 8th or 14th.

I hate this fucking company, I literally was just trying to trade in a game and use my 50% coupon and it's fucking gone.

I don't see how California getting 50/60/70 percent extra TIC is viewed the same as crappy "cash same as credit" everywhere else...

What's the point of getting cash if the values suck. Even during bumps, the thing that makes trades worthwhile is the percentage boost, otherwise you're getting the shaft (i.e. $30 cash is extremely low, for Zelda for instance during a typical bump, but $51 credit is pretty darn good).

Has anybody tried trading in more than one game with $5 bonus on any game traded coupon? I have a few games that I want to trade in and just wanted to see if anybody had attempted it yet. I know several people have already asked this question in the last few days but I haven't seen a response unless I missed it.
ive never heard of that coupon bringing anything but trouble

I don't see how California getting 50/60/70 percent extra TIC is viewed the same as crappy "cash same as credit" everywhere else...

What's the point of getting cash if the values suck. Even during bumps, the thing that makes trades worthwhile is the percentage boost, otherwise you're getting the shaft (i.e. $30 cash is extremely low, for Zelda for instance during a typical bump, but $51 credit is pretty darn good).
The only benefit I see with this promo is trading in consoles for cash, where most other promos don’t apply.

Got an email from GS tonight reminding me of my $5 reward. It also still had the member discounts listed from March... GS email distribution the past week has been 🤬

I decided tonight I want to get the GoW PS4 Pro (and in turn eBay my current PS4 Pro later this week), but a call to my local store revealed they were no longer taking pre-orders.  What are the odds they *only* get their pre-order allotment?  I don't want to have to go to two stores on the 20th to get my Labo and get the Pro, but what is the likelihood I will have to make that extra 40 minute trek?

Is the 4 for $20 pre-owned games < $10 still going on? My store had no such promo. They told me this ended weeks ago!

Seems to not be working online....

Was hoping to flip some Xbox One and PS4 consoles, but people on Craigslist are freaking delusional and asking $250+. Some of the consoles posted literally have no games included (or they include shovelware) and/or are the fat console models.

Was hoping to flip some Xbox One and PS4 consoles, but people on Craigslist are freaking delusional and asking $250+. Some of the consoles posted literally have no games included (or they include shovelware) and/or are the fat console models.
Same. I don't understand how people get them under $150, unless you live in Crack City, USA.

Hi guys I know people like to buy from GameStop and then trade in at Best Buy and make money on it or vice versa. R the any good deals on any preowned games at GameStop, as I have a 20% off coupon on any preowned game that I could buy and then trade in at Best Buy for more as there is a new game I want there? I just joined gcu last week. Please let me know. Thanks. Have a great day.

Hi guys I know people like to buy from GameStop and then trade in at Best Buy and make money on it or vice versa. R the any good deals on any preowned games at GameStop, as I have a 20% off coupon on any preowned game that I could buy and then trade in at Best Buy for more as there is a new game I want there? I just joined gcu last week. Please let me know. Thanks. Have a great day.
how do you politely say fuck off and do your own research? please let me know, thanks and have a great day!

What a polite lurker.

how do you politely say fuck off and do your own research? please let me know, thanks and have a great day!
I have read people ask and help each other on here before is why I asked. I am going to search I was just asking if anybody knew didn't know it was against rules. I am new on here.

How simple is it to buy a pre-owned game and return it to another store to rebuy with a B2G1 coupon? Depends on the employee?
Yes, depends on the employee. If you explain what you're doing as succinctly as possible and don't deal with an employee who's been having a bad day, you should be fine.

How simple is it to buy a pre-owned game and return it to another store to rebuy with a B2G1 coupon? Depends on the employee?
Works pretty good if you're buying items at the return rebuy store. I have one store that knows me well and they have no problem provided they are distinct games and I am purchasing 1+ games from them.

Is there a limit on trading in controllers like there are games? I’ve got several PS2 Dualshocks sitting around from various yard sale and FB purchases I’d love to dump for cash, but I wasn’t sure if limits applied to those. Thanks for any info.

Yeah, the listings around me at all at $250 for the fat XB1. I know you can negotiate down, but $250 starting is ridiculous. I wonder why people are clinging to that price point. Hell, I got a XB1S two years ago new for $180.

Yeah, the listings around me at all at $250 for the fat XB1. I know you can negotiate down, but $250 starting is ridiculous. I wonder why people are clinging to that price point. Hell, I got a XB1S two years ago new for $180.
Because a lot of people get hung up on what they paid for something more than what it’s worth. You see FB listings all the time where people list how much they paid for something. Hate to tell them, but that doesn’t matter a hill of beans to the buyer.

Called GS CS about the coupon that disappeared, and I was issued a new one.
Was that the $5 coupon for trading in any game? That was there yesterday and gone today. Didn't notice the expiration date but it wasn't in my active offers more then a couple of days. Was going to use it on maybe this weekend. Should be done with FC5 by then.

On with them now trying to get the buy 2 get 1 used coupon I never got for going Elite Pro. They gave me a code and said it should also appear in my active offers. Only took 5 mins. Wasted more then that emailing them.

Was that the $5 coupon for trading in any game? That was there yesterday and gone today. Didn't notice the expiration date but it wasn't in my active offers more then a couple of days. Was going to use it on maybe this weekend. Should be done with FC5 by then.
Yeah same coupon. It had an expiration date of the 8th and 14th. Not sure why everyone’s coupon disappeared last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back