Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Gamestop.com is completely down right now. App also is not working. When I search for anything it says it's not found, and all active offers are gone (I had active offers yesterday).

Really annoyed. Wanted to reserve a Wolfenstein 2 CE on their site. I reserved one last night but it started snowing so I'm like "I'd rather be alive than have this game" so I have to re-reserve it.

I haven't been able to get to www.tellgamestop.com lately. Anyone else having the same issue or just me?

Edit: Nevermind. Got through on my cell phone on my cell network.

Can you get banned for too many surveys? I know they cap your entries for the gift card drawing, but I thought there was no limit to the number of surveys you could fill out for feedback.

Front page of the app for me 😂 how old is this?

Edit: 2016...

[attachment=29969:88D2BB8B-AB68-4023-AE49-93CEC087B48D.jpeg]

Same here...wonder if trade values are being adjusted... randomly has happened on Saturdays before...
hopefully nothing major.

I bought these games yesterday for $60 off of Facebook! Going to trade in everything but the steelbook games later today. I'm sure the employee will be thrilled with opening and scanning them all lol...

64QG0V7.png

hopefully nothing major.

I bought these games yesterday for $60 off of Facebook! Going to trade in everything but the steelbook games later today. I'm sure the employee will be thrilled with opening and scanning them all lol...

64QG0V7.png
Would you even get $60 for all those?

hopefully nothing major.

64QG0V7.png
I was thinking of doing the same and buying a lot of 360 or PS3 games then selling them all

hopefully nothing major.

64QG0V7.png
This is why i always check FB marketplace daily i find stuff like this every now and then. Couple people selling some stacks like this now but are wanting way to much.

I need to check prices on gamestop

Purchased a lot of Gameboy / ds like a lot of them lol will trade in the games with high values since same as cash

That Uncharted 4 promo comes up every time GS servers are down. Must mean it’s the default built in promo pages when you download the app, since the last time the app was majorly overhauled.

Managed to snag an Xbox one X off letgo for $220 today. Thought it was too good to be true
better not take that to Gamestop

if it's stolen, I wonder if Microsoft could disable the system in some way if the victim reported the serial number to them...

I just got the Wolfenstein two: The New Colossus CE at Gamestop for $34.99. Can't remember if it wad posted on this thread or the CE one, but thanks OP, regardless.

Managed to snag an Xbox one X off letgo for $220 today. Thought it was too good to be true
a couple people suggested that it was stolen but it's very possible the seller was desperate to pay rent. my friend and i bounce links between each other for deals at the end/beginning of the month. RENT'S DUE

I love how they just pushed an app notification to check out  their in store pickup feature. 

Website is still DOA. 

giphy.gif

This is why i always check FB marketplace daily i find stuff like this every now and then. Couple people selling some stacks like this now but are wanting way to much.
Can you make a dummy FB account to use FB Marketplace? I have no real use for FB besides that, and don't really feel like adding random people just to buy/sell stuff.

Can you make a dummy FB account to use FB Marketplace? I have no real use for FB besides that, and don't really feel like adding random people just to buy/sell stuff.
Yeah you probably could do that. Not sure if it may cause issues if people check your profile to see if you may be legit or not.

You're kind of defeating the purpose of trying to know who people are and feel safer. If I spot a dummy account I won't deal with them since it's kind of sketchy and I know a lot of people won't either.

You're kind of defeating the purpose of trying to know who people are and feel safer. If I spot a dummy account I won't deal with them since it's kind of sketchy and I know a lot of people won't either.
I don't mind adding my name, picture, whatever, I just don't want to be receiving messages, game invites, etc. from people I friend request, since I would be using FB solely for the marketplace feature.

I don't mind adding my name, picture, whatever, I just don't want to be receiving messages, game invites, etc. from people I friend request, since I would be using FB solely for the marketplace feature.
Oh okay, then the only negative you're gonna deal with is that it's going to tell people your account is super new when they look at your profile because one of the first things you see is "member since" so they may think it's fake.

Dude needed rent money so he sold an Xbox and extra controller he just bought four and a half months ago for $565 plus tax for $220 despite the fact that GameStop alone would give $330 in cash never mind store credit, and somehow liked video games enough to buy the premium version of the Xbox and a ton of digital downloads in the first place, and is willing to throw all those away forever for free, when a typical gamer wouldn’t even wanna lose save files and achievement points.

Is it’s not stolen, you might have just exploited a handicapped person who thinks he can use the money to crash and win Wrestlemania or some sh**

Dude needed rent money so he sold an Xbox and extra controller he just bought four and a half months ago for $565 plus tax for $220 despite the fact that GameStop alone would give $330 in cash never mind store credit, and somehow liked video games enough to buy the premium version of the Xbox and a ton of digital downloads in the first place, and is willing to throw all those away forever for free, when a typical gamer wouldn’t even wanna lose save files and achievement points.
Is it’s not stolen, you might have just exploited a handicapped person who thinks he can use the money to crash and win Wrestlemania or some sh**
Some people just don’t know.

I bought a PS4 slim, extra controller and a pile of games from a guy after he accepted a lowbal offer of $150. After I got home I got a message from him with the password to his ps+ password in case I needed it.

Some people just don’t know.

I bought a PS4 slim, extra controller and a pile of games from a guy after he accepted a lowbal offer of $150. After I got home I got a message from him with the password to his ps+ account in case I needed it.

Picked up a Wii with about 15 games (a bunch of Just Dance and Barbie games) for $20. GameStop gave me $113 after refurbished fees. Not bad. Better chance of people finding cheap Wii stuff than the ps4/X1 everybody is looking for.

Picked up a Wii with about 15 games (a bunch of Just Dance and Barbie games) for $20. GameStop gave me $113 after refurbished fees. Not bad. Better chance of people finding cheap Wii stuff than the ps4/X1 everybody is looking for.
Those Just Dance games have pretty good TIV's.

On the topic on Wii stuff, I imagine you get charged a refurb fee if Wii remote has no battery cover? Have 3-4 that came with a Wii I bought off Craigslist and none have them.

Question i have some snes games which trade up pretty good on gamestop , but does it affect if there is damage on the label of the cartridge ?, do they still accept it or it will depend on the guy that takes it in ?
totally ymmv, the locals here wont take damaged labels or writing or stickers, like from old video rental places, but I have bought some from gs.com and they had names written on them and hollywood/blockbuster stickers across the game label.

if you have problems, Im looking for old games for my collection, I care more about having a game than how it looks, hit me up

I got the Triforce Night Light from Gamestop tonight. It's actually $24.99 at ThinkGeek right now but I got it at GS instead since I had a 10% off coupon. I love it.

jc4McMc.jpg

so somebody tell me if i got my math right , so i just went to gamestop to do a trade in , i gave a new super mario bros that cost me 5$ for the amoun of 20.80 i believe, with the 70% how much will it be? considering the base value , they only gave me 28.70 but i dont know if thats correct, he told me that was the 70% so i only gave that game and nothing else because i wasnt sure if that was the correct value of the 70%

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back