Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Wipeout Omega Collection really going OOP? I'm not able to find any info on that, where did you get this information?

If so, guess I better pick it up soon.
I don't know for a fact that it is, but outside of Gamestop I haven't seen it in stores much around me. I picked mine up when it came out, but I did see it at my local Gamestop for like $23 and some change the other day. Great game and even better in VR with the recent update.

I need to find a cheap USB to Mini USB cable so I can trade this PS3 Slim I have in. As soon as I trade it they will probably do a promo though!

Yesterday, I told my colleague about the GameStop trade in offer and he was dumping his PS4 for a PS4 Pro. I told him to preorder the GoW Edition since it comes out next week. Rather than following my advice, he trades in his PS4 for a regular Black PS4 Pro and on top of that, preorders the game on the side!!! I don't get it! What a waste of money!!
One cannot shove the CAG culture into someone's mind instantly, one must allow someone to steep in it and over time CAG culture will take over all thought processes.

If I have been placed on a 90 day trade ban, could someone else use my Elite account and still trade in? Is the ban tied to my ID or my Elite account?

Is Wipeout Omega Collection really going OOP? I'm not able to find any info on that, where did you get this information?

If so, guess I better pick it up soon.
It's a fantastic but niche game since no one really plays arcade racers outside of Mario Kart anymore. It's a great game for arcade racing fans and is at its peak with this collection. Highly recommend for anyone at least a little bit interested.

That might be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Arcade racers are still popular today. Hell, look at the Forza Horizon series for one. I don't even with some people.
While Horizon is more arcade than Motorsport, I wouldn't call Horizon an arcade racer.

That might be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Arcade racers are still popular today. Hell, look at the Forza Horizon series for one. I don't even with some people.
I never said they weren't popular, I'm saying it isn't as big of a genre as it use to be. There are a handful of console arcade games that are played today unlike before where we had a good mix. Now all that's played is Forza Horizon (not really an arcade racer but probably splitting hairs on that), Mario Kart and Burnout (though that's being generous since it's a remastered that just came out).

It wasn't an insult but today we don't have as much arcade racers as we've had before and it isn't as strong of a genre as it use to be. We use to have Need For Speed (not really recent ones that aren't as well received as the previous titles), Burnout, F-Zero, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Midnight Club, Out Run, MotorStorm, Initial D, Full Auto, Sonic All-Stars Racing, Flatout, Driver series, etc. Now we have a small handful of arcade games that come out on console. This year alone the only new arcade racer for consoles (that is somewhat known and played majority of) is Burnout Remastered and The Crew 2.

I never said they weren't popular, I'm saying it isn't as big of a genre as it use to be. There are a handful of console arcade games that are played today unlike before where we had a good mix. Now all that's played is Forza Horizon (not really an arcade racer but probably splitting hairs on that), Mario Kart and Burnout (though that's being generous since it's a remastered that just came out).

It wasn't an insult but today we don't have as much arcade racers as we've had before and it isn't as strong of a genre as it use to be. We use to have Need For Speed (not really recent ones that aren't as well received as the previous titles), Burnout, F-Zero, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Midnight Club, Out Run, MotorStorm, Initial D, Full Auto, Sonic All-Stars Racing, Flatout, Driver series, etc. Now we have a small handful of arcade games that come out on console. This year alone the only new arcade racer for consoles (that is somewhat known and played majority of) is Burnout Remastered and The Crew 2.
I don't even know how much I would even consider most of those "arcade racer". When I think arcade racing games I think Ridge Racer, Out Run, San Francisco Rush, Crusin' USA, Hydro Thunder, etc. Like you had said it's pretty much a dead genre since arcades themselves are barely around anymore. Forza Horizon, The Crew, Burnout, etc. definitely lean more towards something like Rush or Crusin' USA, but I feel like those games are just casual racing/driving games and not sims like Forza Motorsports and GT.

Nier Automata preowned $21.89 at Walmart trades in at GS for $20 base TIV. Good flip if you can find one nearby. It's a shame that I can't.

Yesterday, I told my colleague about the GameStop trade in offer and he was dumping his PS4 for a PS4 Pro. I told him to preorder the GoW Edition since it comes out next week. Rather than following my advice, he trades in his PS4 for a regular Black PS4 Pro and on top of that, preorders the game on the side!!! I don't get it! What a waste of money!!
They were still taking preorders for the system because my local stores aren’t even though it’s still listed on Gamestop website and Bestbuy still had them available?

They were still taking preorders for the system because my local stores aren’t even though it’s still listed on Gamestop website and Bestbuy still had them available?
Local store was not taking preorders for PS4 Pro GoW edition yesterday. They said their system said none available for preorder.

IDK, not feeling the look of the GoW edition PS4 Pro. Not that it matters I am not looking to upgrade to a Pro anyway.

picked up Wipeout Omega Collection since Gamestop New is cheaper than anywhere else, and the physical is seemingly going OOP, turned out to be Gamestop "New" but at least the dlc code was good
Wow, I picked it up a couple days ago and didn’t even know it came with a DLC slip, thanks for letting me know lol

Wow, I picked it up a couple days ago and didn’t even know it came with a DLC slip, thanks for letting me know lol
Yeah I didn't really pay attention to what it included, I think it's just some avatars and an extra ship that, from what a minute of googling suggests, is a bit OP

I just did a trade-in towards God of War for the 40% boost. I wanted to trade-in for the collector's edition, but they said it was no longer available for preorder, but the console bundle was. I went with the standard and may see if I can swap for the collector's edition if it's available in-store next week.

IDK, not feeling the look of the GoW edition PS4 Pro. Not that it matters I am not looking to upgrade to a Pro anyway.
This. Then again I think any other color than black for a console/handheld/controller is ugly. It is a good value though since you get the game included with it.

Oh, I forgot to mention. That shit was down 5o $25 base even when I went in yesterday at 7pm Pacific. App still said $30, buy POS said $25. I didn't bother trying to convince the guy it should've been $30 base..
Yeah I struck out on this was looking forward to getting $51 for it..."booooo" indeed!!!

This. Then again I think any other color than black for a console/handheld/controller is ugly. It is a good value though since you get the game included with it.
Guess nobody really paid attn to the marketing for it or any of the tv ads either lol.
Only way this could've been black is if Kratos' axe was black, it's designed to look like his axe.

Pretty sure the answer is no but ...

Can you use an online only cert to cover the cost of a preorder online?

It does say in-stock item. But it does not specify that a preorder is excluded, but does specify reservations are excluded. Not clear that a reservation is or is not a preorder.

Pretty sure the answer is no but ...

Can you use an online only cert to cover the cost of a preorder online?

It does say in-stock item. But it does not specify that a preorder is excluded, but does specify reservations are excluded. Not clear that a reservation is or is not a preorder.
A Reservation = a Pre-Order. Basically its the old school terminology that EB Games used before Gamestop purchased them. How many Res' do you have for the day? So to answer your question no it will not work.

Does the Kinect for Xbox One have a TIV at GS? I’m not able to find it under accessories. Buying another console + 13 games to flip tomorrow and it has the Kinect.

What would be the best way to transfer everything over to a PS4 Pro if I still have the OG PS4?

Is there an easy data transfer? Also, any tips on how to save PT? Doing PS+ saves or an external hard drive are not options for me.

Also, when does the $170 end?

What would be the best way to transfer everything over to a PS4 Pro if I still have the OG PS4?

Is there an easy data transfer? Also, any tips on how to save PT? Doing PS+ saves or an external hard drive are not options for me.

Also, when does the $170 end?
You probably won't have both consoles at the same time, but if you do you can transfer the content over your home network.

What are you trying to preorder?
I was going to get yakuza 6 premium edition. Local store said they already got their delivery and didn't have any extra. But it's still available for preorder online. If I could've done it in store I would've put 5 down and paid with points/certs at pickup.
I could also do a preorder at best buy just to make sure I get one.

Does the Kinect for Xbox One have a TIV at GS? I’m not able to find it under accessories. Buying another console + 13 games to flip tomorrow and it has the Kinect.
I was able to find it on the phone app. $7.50. Store near my house said they didn't take it though maybe a month ago when I tried to trade it towards FC5 to get the 40% bonus. Also called the one near my job and they said they don't take it either. Back to the junk pile it went.

Got the email also so if we wait to pick up pre orders it won’t be a sale until then if I’m correct so I’ll wait a extra day to pick up god of war ps4 an extras for free points.

Does anyone know if the 40% extra trade combines with the extra $5 on Switch games? Also does anyone know if my 50% extra trade coupon I received in my email will apply to multiple items even though it specifically says one item? Or possibly combine with extra $5 on Switch games?

Got the email also so if we wait to pick up pre orders it won’t be a sale until then if I’m correct so I’ll wait a extra day to pick up god of war ps4 an extras for free points.
Don't they hold prodded for some ridiculously short time. I think best buy does 7 days and gamestop is shorter. 2 days I think. Doesn't mean they won't just what the policy is. If it works awesome. Plus if it's a standard edition it's likely to be in stock any way.

Don't they hold prodded for some ridiculously short time. I think best buy does 7 days and gamestop is shorter. 2 days I think. Doesn't mean they won't just what the policy is. If it works awesome. Plus if it's a standard edition it's likely to be in stock any way.
Depends on how limited the preorder is--if it's a Collector's/Limited Edition that a store doesn't get extras of, then they should hold the preorder for 7 days. If it's a standard copy, I think holding the preorder for 2-3 days is the standard.

How do points work on pre-orders if you already paid some? I paid $50 down for my God of War Pro, would I only get points for the $349.99 I owe or the whole amount?

You don't get the points until you pick it up. Then you get the full amount.
Awesome, thank you for the reply. I was gonna use $75 in rewards on it when I pick it up but now I will just pay the full amount with my credit. I was going Saturday anyway (free babysitter).

Is the guaranteed $30 trade list after elite pro? Kirby for instance is $25 base but on the guaranteed $30 trade list until 4/16. Nothing in the description states you must be Elite pro to get the value...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back