Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, all the season pass/content is on a voucher in case, but Gamestop is selling used Royal for $35 when the OG cases are going for $20

How much were they trading in for after the refurb fee? I have a DS3 with a busted R2 button that I'm considering trading in.
The refurb fee on controllers is only $3 I think...I traded in a few DS3 that had no rubber on the sticks that I got from goodwill(one didnt even work at all) and I was only charged a 3 dollar "minor refurb fee"

Sorry to sidetrack you, but why do you have 3 PS3s? I’m sure there is a good reason. I’m curious
(Non sarcastic font)
Well, one i my 20gb launch console, I bought a 60gb BC off awd for like $90 years ago that was in fantastic shape with the box and everything. And I bought a slim 320gb a few years ago for the bedroom have wireless when that twisted metal game came and I was addicted to it for about a month before everyone abandoned it. The 20gb doesn't have wireless and the HDD was full so it made sense at the time.

What is required for trading in a Switch and what do you need to trade with a separate pair of joy-cons? Noticed a store near me has a GoW bundle so I'm kind of tempted to trade my Switch in and just pick one up again in the Fall.

The FAQ is missing all the old info, so i'll ask here: What is needed to trade in a PS3?  Is it just the console, DS3, power cable, and USB cable?  I guess also an HDMI or component cable?  Does it matter which one?  Anything else?

Also, what is needed for trading a 3DS XL?  Just the system and charger?

What is required for trading in a Switch and what do you need to trade with a separate pair of joy-cons? Noticed a store near me has a GoW bundle so I'm kind of tempted to trade my Switch in and just pick one up again in the Fall.
I know you don't need the wrist straps for joy cons. They get traded in individually and not as a set.

System trade needs the system itself, two joy cons, dock, power and HDMI.

The FAQ is missing all the old info, so i'll ask here: What is needed to trade in a PS3? Is it just the console, DS3, power cable, and USB cable? I guess also an HDMI or component cable? Does it matter which one? Anything else?

Also, what is needed for trading a 3DS XL? Just the system and charger?
for older consoles like Xbox 360 / PS3, you would need the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv

How long do Gamestop hold preorders for systems because I see some around my area and would like to get 1 but I’m sure they going to give me “only for preorders” spiel.

For those that pre ordered GOW or Labo, did yours immediately go away after pickup rather than the normal three weeks or so they’d hang on afterward with red text and still $55 balance?

Great time to get rid of the fat non bc ps3's . specially if we get the alleged up to $65 per ps3 in that linux class action lawsuit. Well if you managed to make your claim prior to April 15.

Hey all how is everyone getting $80 for non-bc phat ps3s? The only offer I’m aware of is the bonus 50 for the GOW pro bundle...but isn’t that only for ps4s / XBOs / Switch?

Would trade this gaudy star wars pro edition for the gow pro but there are none around anywhere. Meh no worries I'll just keep this ugly thing for now.

Hey all how is everyone getting $80 for non-bc phat ps3s? The only offer I’m aware of is the bonus 50 for the GOW pro bundle...but isn’t that only for ps4s / XBOs / Switch?
There was a coupon sent a few weeks ago via email with a bar code. I also posted that barcode in this thread.

EDIT - Mike can you update the OP?

I picked up GOW bundle and LABO that was both preorder and today preorders were gone from app.

For those that pre ordered GOW or Labo, did yours immediately go away after pickup rather than the normal three weeks or so they’d hang on afterward with red text and still $55 balance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

can anybody confirm if they managed to get the xbox one controller for 30? , im still seeing that on their website but im guessing its wrong

There was a coupon sent a few weeks ago via email with a bar code. I also posted that barcode in this thread.

EDIT - Mike can you update the OP?
OP updated. Grading has had me swamped, sorry........

Current Trade in Promos:

Cash same as credit value

Only in states where allowed. In CA, this is not allowed but you get an extra 50% from base added to trade credit instead.

​Valid until 4/22

Get $50 Extra Credit When you trade your Xbox One, PS4, or Nintendo Switch toward PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB God of War Console

Valid until 4/22

Get a Dualshock 4 Controller for only $39.99 or Xbox Wireless Controller for only $29.99 when you trade select games

Valid until 5/18

​The select games TIV will raise when you also purchase controller.

Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward God of War or Nintendo Labo

​OR credit for xbox / PSN / itunes

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite

30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

Get $5 bonus credit when you trade in any Nintendo Switch games
Valid until 4/22

Does not stack with other promotions

Get up to $80 more for your Xbox One or PlayStation 4

Valid until 4/22

Get $40 Guaranteed When you trade God of War as a PowerUp Rewards Member

Offer valid with the purchase of a new copy of God of War game from 4/20/18 - 4/22/18. Coupon will be delivered on 4/22/18. Coupon valid 4/21/18 - 5/22/18. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

PSA: MANY trade in offers are expiring TOMORROW. Plan accordingly

Which offers? I just copy pasted from OP
Thanks for your effort. I think most people here is waiting for the current promos to end so trade in value will jump back to normal again. With everything going on, TIV has been atrocious.

Quivk question about online purchases. If you use a rewards certificate to cover the entire purchase do you no longer qualify for free shipping?

Also, are the certifcates applied to the entire purchase or an individual item?

I know what the certs say, but I'm just curious to know if that really holds up.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your effort. I think most people here is waiting for the current promos to end so trade in value will jump back to normal again. With everything going on, TIV has been atrocious.
I’m aware that I don’t really deserve thanks and that I don’t put nearly as much effort as others would. I just didn’t want the thread to die. I am not really good at the cool links and Xbox/ps logos, and if I learned them I don’t think I have the time to really implement. The OP isn’t great but in my mind it’s better than nothing.

If anyone wants to take over because of formatting or wants to add more info, I am ok with that. In no way is this “my” thread. I’m a low level trader and sorry I never made the OP as nice as the Xbox or Eshop threads. No idea about the psn thread - stinks too much of fan boy for me to look :p

Edit: yup, psn OP looks great too. Yeah my OP is crap, any takers?

Quivk question about online purchases. If you use a rewards certificate to cover the entire purchase do you no longer qualify for free shipping?

Also, are the certifcates applied to the entire purchase or an individual item?

I know what the certs say, but I'm just curious to know if that really holds up.

Thanks in advance!
Technically the gamestop.com certs say that they have to be used with value shipping. But I did get an order to go through with free elite PUR shipping. Note that I did have $15 left after certs.

I could only get 2 certs to work on the 1 transaction which included only 1 item. This means max savings online is $75 as there are only $10, $25, $50 certs and they are required to be of distinct values.

The certs indicate that they are applied to the 1 item of lowest value. I, however, can't verify this as I only had one item in the entire purchase.

These limitations create a conundrum if you want to buy an ore whose price match to some possible combination of certs. You're either under or over the value of the item.

Note, the referenced transaction was submitted on Tuesday of this week and received on Thursday.

I hope double points "day" was good for everyone.  I know I had fun (even though I redeemed a $25 GS.com reward by accident). 

I hope double points "day" was good for everyone. I know I had fun (even though I redeemed a $25 GS.com reward by accident).
$290 to trade in a PS4 Pro

$400 to buy a PS4 Pro

$80 to pick up Ni No Kuni LE

$27 to trade in PvZ:Gw2

$65 to buy Minecraft Pig controller for Xbox One

= LOTS of points!

$80 more for trading an XB1, is that on top of the quoted value?
No, the value you see on the website is what they will give you.

I fell asleep before the mall closed and missed double points for GOW. Well, it’s only $1.80 in points lost. Still got my X and Origins/RE7GOTY for $10 each, and Labo. Should get like $35-40 worth of certs back.

Was GOW one of the Best Buy $10 back pre orders? I regret not checking .

I fell asleep before the mall closed and missed double points for GOW. Well, it’s only $1.80 in points lost. Still got my X and Origins/RE7GOTY for $10 each, and Labo. Should get like $35-40 worth of certs back.

i dont think so. if it was one it wasnt one close to release.

Anyone know anything about issues with PSN accounts not being able to login in on PS4?  I just got a new pro about a month ago and just recently hooked it up and i have had issues where it won't login me in to my PSN account. It works fine on my vita, but from what i have found out it seems to be a random issue going.  Been almost 2 weeks and haven't been able to login in.

Anyone know anything about issues with PSN accounts not being able to login in on PS4? I just got a new pro about a month ago and just recently hooked it up and i have had issues where it won't login me in to my PSN account. It works fine on my vita, but from what i have found out it seems to be a random issue going. Been almost 2 weeks and haven't been able to login in.
have you downloaded the system update? i think it will sometimes keep you from signing in and going online if you havent updated that yet.

I’m aware that I don’t really deserve thanks and that I don’t put nearly as much effort as others would. I just didn’t want the thread to die. I am not really good at the cool links and Xbox/ps logos, and if I learned them I don’t think I have the time to really implement. The OP isn’t great but in my mind it’s better than nothing.

If anyone wants to take over because of formatting or wants to add more info, I am ok with that. In no way is this “my” thread. I’m a low level trader and sorry I never made the OP as nice as the Xbox or Eshop threads. No idea about the psn thread - stinks too much of fan boy for me to look [emoji14]

Edit: yup, psn OP looks great too. Yeah my OP is crap, any takers?
It's about the content for me. I don't care if it is not the prettiest OP post on the site.

I was up by my local game stop too early yesterday morning. Was only going to buy $40-$50 in space bucks. Decided it wasn't worth another trip later in the day.

Anyone know anything about issues with PSN accounts not being able to login in on PS4? I just got a new pro about a month ago and just recently hooked it up and i have had issues where it won't login me in to my PSN account. It works fine on my vita, but from what i have found out it seems to be a random issue going. Been almost 2 weeks and haven't been able to login in.
I played on my PlayStation this morning with no issues. Saw a bunch of my friends online too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back