Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very lucky this weekend and was able to get a God of War PS4 Bundle that had just come off unpaid pre-order hold, so I was able to take advantage yesterday of the higher console TIV. I see they adjusted them back down this morning.

Here's hoping to TIV increases and some better promos :)

Picked up God of War on Thursday night and didnt get the coupon. Did anybody else get it? Not a huge deal, I'll just have to trade it in towards something that has a bonus on it when im done.

Picked up God of War on Thursday night and didnt get the coupon. Did anybody else get it? Not a huge deal, I'll just have to trade it in towards something that has a bonus on it when im done.
I walked in and bought the pro at 8:15pm Thursday. Didn't get the coupon and didn't get the preorder codes. Went in next day and guy tried to help print me out a code but the system didn't have loose codes for him to print out.

The GOW deal I think said April 20-22nd, Thursday evening “midnight launch” at 9PM might be the issue y’all are facing. They should honor it.

Anyone have any info on God of War PS4 Pro bundle restocks? My local stores didn’t seem to know much.
Last night no stores showed in my area with system bundles in stock and now a few stores show they may have at least 1 so it seems they received some shipments today so keep checking.

Last night no stores showed in my area with system bundles in stock and now a few stores show they may have at least 1 so it seems they received some shipments today so keep checking.
It's more likely that they are pulling holds off of pre-orders that were not picked up and adding them back into inventory, since it is the Monday after.

Bought it Friday night, no coupon yet

Edit: Did get all my double points though...that's the offer I thought would be more likely to have issues
I got my double-points too, or at least I got 10,560 points. That seems like a lot, so I’ll just assume that was double, instead of having to bugger with the math. Still no coupon, though!

Their system seems a little messed up right now... I'm elite and free shipping just isn't working in general. Plus, cag16 doesn't stack with elite, which I know it's not supposed to but I was just confused since you said you're "pro elite".

Anyone have any info on God of War PS4 Pro bundle restocks? My local stores didn’t seem to know much.
Have been told that it's d-listed already in their system. Not sure if there will be another shipment. I'm in the process of moving credit GS>BB and im a 3rd there on first go round. Hoping nothing drops as I'll repeat before and after work.

Took all my trade in credit and certs from double points day and bought a One X. On the receipt there's a code that simply says Madden 18 which the GS seemed to think might be the full game, for some reason. Is there any documentation of this as a promotion? Because I can't find any.

Took all my trade in credit and certs from double points day and a One X. On the receipt there's a code that simply says Madden 18 which the GS seemed to think might be the full game, for some reason. Is there any documentation of this as a promotion? Because I can't find any.
I saw that promotion on the GameStop app. one of the front page ads

If you want to see how much in trade credit Gamestop has stolen from you, this link is a form that will tell you:

https://www.gamestop.com/svcredit?utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170721_reservation_credit_reservation_credit&om_rid=1089477436&utm_content=5

I'd love to hear if anybody is actually successful in claiming the new virtual trade card that is promised. I never have been able to get it so I make sure to go in store during a slow period and get an employee to call the dedicated help line for stores.

Good Luck!
That seems odd, when I looked it up there are a dozen listings, does it just show all your trade cards from the past or just remaining balances?

Has anyone tried the "buy an Xbox one X and save $20 on up to two X enhanced games?" I was curious if it was any two games, as long as they were enhanced, and I was also curious if it worked on sale items. Cause if so, you could get AC origins or Wolfenstein 2 for just $10 each with an one x.

If you want to see how much in trade credit Gamestop has stolen from you, this link is a form that will tell you:

https://www.gamestop.com/svcredit?utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170721_reservation_credit_reservation_credit&om_rid=1089477436&utm_content=5

I'd love to hear if anybody is actually successful in claiming the new virtual trade card that is promised. I never have been able to get it so I make sure to go in store during a slow period and get an employee to call the dedicated help line for stores.

Good Luck!
it shows $806 associated with my last name and phone number wtf

Don't claim it. That link makes the rounds every so often. What it does is consolidate all the trade credit you have on your cards onto a printable digital code, or maybe just to have on your mobile device. I think most people would prefer having the actual cards.

Don't claim it. That link makes the rounds every so often. What it does is consolidate all the trade credit you have on your cards onto a printable digital code, or maybe just to have on your mobile device. I think most people would prefer having the actual cards.
I claimed it but never got an email afterwards with anything.

Has anyone tried the "buy an Xbox one X and save $20 on up to two X enhanced games?" I was curious if it was any two games, as long as they were enhanced, and I was also curious if it worked on sale items. Cause if so, you could get AC origins or Wolfenstein 2 for just $10 each with an one x.
Yes, and that’s exactly what I did.

Technically the gamestop.com certs say that they have to be used with value shipping. But I did get an order to go through with free elite PUR shipping. Note that I did have $15 left after certs.

I could only get 2 certs to work on the 1 transaction which included only 1 item. This means max savings online is $75 as there are only $10, $25, $50 certs and they are required to be of distinct values.

The certs indicate that they are applied to the 1 item of lowest value. I, however, can't verify this as I only had one item in the entire purchase.

These limitations create a conundrum if you want to buy an ore whose price match to some possible combination of certs. You're either under or over the value of the item.

Note, the referenced transaction was submitted on Tuesday of this week and received on Thursday.
Thanks for the response. I didn't have the courage to buy a cert to cover multiple items, but I did confirm the free shipping. I applied a $10 cert to a $20 game and free shipping did not apply. Once I added another copy of the same game and applied the cert I was then eligible for free shipping.

In summary, if your order qualifies for free shipping before a Rewards certificate it should qualify after one has been applied.

I'm curious about this. It's telling me I have a balance of around $230, but I currently only have one card with a balance of $118. Is this cashing in your rewards points for certificates also? Otherwise I have $100+ I didn't know about..

I'm curious about this. It's telling me I have a balance of around $230, but I currently only have one card with a balance of $118. Is this cashing in your rewards points for certificates also? Otherwise I have $100+ I didn't know about..
As I recall from every time this comes up, the consensus is that it really is too good to be true and that claiming the credit could screw up what you have on cards without actually getting the consolidated code they promise. If it worked, believe me, I would claim the $300 more in credit they say I have than I think I do.

That said, if anyone can confirm that it works, I'm feeling just dumb enough to give it a try,

I've done their process twice in the past, and their balance is always wrong. A year ago, their page told me I had close to $400 in unused trade credit. After a few days, I received a digital card with a balance of $0. I wouldn't get your hopes up - if you have kept track of your trade card(s), I wouldn't risk messing them up.

Buy a switch now! Based on the last 24 hours,the hacking/homebrew scene is about to explode with content by summer 😎

I've done their process twice in the past, and their balance is always wrong. A year ago, their page told me I had close to $400 in unused trade credit. After a few days, I received a digital card with a balance of $0. I wouldn't get your hopes up - if you have kept track of your trade card(s), I wouldn't risk messing them up.
I don't think it's wrong, I just think that it's outdated. Maybe the system that tracks gift card / trade card is running a significant amount of time behind the actual usage of the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back