Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Does just clicking the link screw you up? I put in my info just to see and it said I had zero in lost credit, and that's all I did.
it appears to have messed up mine. It said I had no credit so I didnt submit a claim. Now my trade card says "trade balance unavailable"

Regarding the B2G1 Used 3DS games sale this weekend... If one store doesn't have three games that I want, can I buy from one store, take to another, and refund then rebuy the same game I just returned along with two other games? How should it work since used games are "open"? Will it be OK as long as I just get the same game that I just brought in?

Trying to not get stuck not being able to do the B2G1 deal and just end up buying the three games I want at two different stores (two at one store, and one at another) and end up just picking up a 4th game because it's free.
You can return and rebuy for the promo

So I am not sure if this a nationwide policy, but a local gamestop said on Monday in a conference call all gift cards outside gaming related cannot be purchased with trade credit/gift cards anymore.

Traded in my extra copy of God of War with the $40 coupon and got $45. 

My receipt says:

Bonus 15.00 Promo #21304

Bonus 5.00 PowerUp Card 20%

So I am not sure if this a nationwide policy, but a local gamestop said on Monday in a conference call all gift cards outside gaming related cannot be purchased with trade credit/gift cards anymore.

They say this all the time. POS or we don’t care (this is to GameStop not you lol )

Hopefully this is just a local “policy”. Taking away amazon was too much as is :(

Is a 4 for $10 sale currently happening?
Yeah, just did it an hour and it's still ringing up the games as $2.25 each with the Pro card. Apparently they did quite a few price drops into that category this week too(so check their site before going).

Got Tales of Symphonia: DotNW(Wii), Blazing Angels(Wii), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers(Wii) & Final Fantasy XIII(360) for $9 with the deal. Also finally found copies of Dead Space: Extraction and Dragon Quest Swords for Wii while I was there.

Yeah, just did it an hour and it's still ringing up the games as $2.25 each with the Pro card. Apparently they did quite a few price drops into that category this week too(so check their site before going).

Got Tales of Symphonia: BotNW(Wii), Blazing Angels(Wii), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers(Wii) & Final Fantasy XIII(360) for $9 with the deal.
Can you elaborate more on the 4 for $10 deal?

Just finished GoW. There's nothing coming up I want, but I know this game will be one of those that drops to like $8 in the coming years... I save everything for my collection, but damn if I'm not tempted to get some credit. 

Just finished GoW. There's nothing coming up I want, but I know this game will be one of those that drops to like $8 in the coming years... I save everything for my collection, but damn if I'm not tempted to get some credit.
I'd trade it in and buy it later. Everyone and their mother has a copy so the price will likely drop like a rock in the next 6-8 months.

Good chance it'll be ending tomorrow (Sunday), so if you want to take advantage, do it now. (Unless someone else has facts to the contrary). They took it out of the weekly ad this week finally.
I'm fairly certain it'll go until the 13th. I thought I saw that in the system. I'll check tomorrow to verify.

I ran into this on Monday night actually.... I attempted to get Southwest Airline gift cards at a total of 3 stores. Store one just told me No flat out and wouldn't give any explanation as to why not. Store 2 the store manager told me that they no longer allow it to be done for anything aside from Gaming related purchases due to money laundering. Store 3 processed my Southwest Airline Gift Cards without question no problem. So at least as of this past Monday, Southwest Airline gift cards still processed through POS. 3rd Store was in a different district then the first 2 stores as well though. All stores within an hour though. Could definitely be YMMV going forward unless they block it at the POS level.

I ran into this on Monday night actually.... I attempted to get Southwest Airline gift cards at a total of 3 stores. Store one just told me No flat out and wouldn't give any explanation as to why not. Store 2 the store manager told me that they no longer allow it to be done for anything aside from Gaming related purchases due to money laundering. Store 3 processed my Southwest Airline Gift Cards without question no problem. So at least as of this past Monday, Southwest Airline gift cards still processed through POS. 3rd Store was in a different district then the first 2 stores as well though. All stores within an hour though. Could definitely be YMMV going forward unless they block it at the POS level.
I’d say if it’s not in the pos yet you can do it just don’t say your paying with credit let them ring it up then swipe your trade card real fast an hit yes before they can stop you if it’s not posted in store they can’t do anything if it goes through

8 posts after you posted the link

#5694 ritchardf

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

that link has floated around before, all you people are doing by submitting is putting the credit on your account in limbo, there is no free money there.
lol i actually did read this but must have been skimming or something... at any rate, if that is true, I wish someone would have messaegd me so I could kill the link so nobody used it (just did that)...

sorry if anybody got their stuff frozen, obviously I didn't know that was going to happen and I hope you have no problems regaining access to it

Got Tales of Symphonia: DotNW(Wii), Blazing Angels(Wii), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers(Wii) & Final Fantasy XIII(360) for $9 with the deal. Also finally found copies of Dead Space: Extraction and Dragon Quest Swords for Wii while I was there.
Thanks. I am still adding complete PS3 games to my collection while they are stil reasonably priced. You'd think I'd be done after 32 games. But nosiree!!!

Fyi when I stopped at my local store today, dude came in to trade his copy of god of war and the system bumped the value to $40. He was shocked about it but it sounds like the system bumps the game and there is no coupon.
I bought the game preowned..don't think I'll beat in 7 days since only have 3 days left. Do you know how long the 40 trade in deal is good for? And if preowned copys get the 40 or did I have to buy new? Wouldn't mind paying 7ish dollars to have it for a few more weeks

Thanks..couldn't find anything on Google or the site

I know a few people have mentioned about clicking on a link and losing there credit. I just called the number on the back of my gift card and they say they are having difficulties with accessing gift card balances. I did not use the link that was mentioned. Is anyone else able to check their balance on their gift cards by calling the number? TIA

Probably old news, but I wasn’t aware of it until today. Elite seems to finally stack with retro buy 2 get 1 sale. That made some of the stuff fairly reasonable.

Stopped in a GameStop to use my gift card, was told by the store worker (who called customer service to confirm) that their card system went down last week and only a portion of card balances have been restored thus far with the rest saying “frozen”. I didn’t click the link nor would my gift card be tied to my account. Not saying that clicking the link is a good idea, but they’re definitely having way bigger issues with cards right now.

fuck that. I have $1200 in credit. I don't want to lose it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I still haven't got back my 400+tax for God of War Ps4 Pro online preorder. Emailed them twice. But somehow got back $100+ on a card that site said was empty last week, but I knew it had a balance remaining

I bought the game preowned..don't think I'll beat in 7 days since only have 3 days left. Do you know how long the 40 trade in deal is good for? And if preowned copys get the 40 or did I have to buy new? Wouldn't mind paying 7ish dollars to have it for a few more weeks
Thanks..couldn't find anything on Google or the site
Oh I just look on first page of this thread and seen you get a coupon when buying it new? But your saying it should work on a preowned copy too since there's no coupon ?????

I'm glad this offer is getting more people to trade in God Of War. My local store finally has a used copy... time to cash in some of my points.

Stopped in a GameStop to use my gift card, was told by the store worker (who called customer service to confirm) that their card system went down last week and only a portion of card balances have been restored thus far with the rest saying “frozen”.
February 2018 join date w/ 7 posts. Yeeeeaaaah, I'm just gonna have to assume you're trolling/trying to create hysteria.

February 2018 join date w/ 7 posts. Yeeeeaaaah, I'm just gonna have to assume you're trolling/trying to create hysteria.
Assuming it's not the same person, someone else reported the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/8ft9lx/trade_card_frozen_customer_service_says_theyre

Maybe the people who have freezes on their accounts are those that tried to do that "missing credit" link earlier.

EDIT: Just saw this person say that they didn't use the link. Dunno then.

Okay, how about me, then? I also had this problem while trying to buy a Switch. I used 3 different trade cards from my very prolific past trading in games. 2 of the 3 worked, and the third produced the same error. I called customer service from within the store, and was told that many cards weren't' working, but that it should be fixed within a couple of days.

Good chance it'll be ending tomorrow (Sunday), so if you want to take advantage, do it now. (Unless someone else has facts to the contrary). They took it out of the weekly ad this week finally.
I went today to take advantage of the 4 for $10 and bought the following complete:

Dance Paradise - 360 for Kinect
Diablo III vanilla - 360
Fallout 3 vanilla - PS3
One Piece Unlimited World Red - PS3

Each game came out to $2.25 with the Pro membership. Also, I read the fine print on the sign and there was no posted last day for the sale. At the same time, there weren't many to choose from for 360 and PS3 since it seems that any last gen game associated with a popular franchise has only gotten more expensive with time. I was surprised that One Piece qualified! :D

Okay, how about me, then? I also had this problem while trying to buy a Switch. I used 3 different trade cards from my very prolific past trading in games. 2 of the 3 worked, and the third produced the same error. I called customer service from within the store, and was told that many cards weren't' working, but that it should be fixed within a couple of days.
I also clicked the link and had my account frozen. Didn't have any credit to claim. Yesterday I tried to pick up a pre-order, cancel another one and pay off a game. Keypad displayed that my account was frozen. Guy tried a bunch of things but after reading the thread I knew the guy couldn't do shit. Kinda wary of calling cs because of my trade history.

what link are you guys talking about? if we call the number on the back of our gift cards and it says we have a balance does that mean our gift cards should be working?

what link are you guys talking about? if we call the number on the back of our gift cards and it says we have a balance does that mean our gift cards should be working?
A link given out several pages ago. The link has been removed.

Link to check gift card balance = ok

Link to find if you have unclaimed credit = bad

Moral of the story, don’t click internet links promising free money

So I forgot to use my B2G1 coupon in my active offer, which has a expiration date of 4/29/18. I’m still seeing the offer, should they disappear after expiry date? Wonder if I can still use it....

So I forgot to use my B2G1 coupon in my active offer, which has a expiration date of 4/29/18. I’m still seeing the offer, should they disappear after expiry date? Wonder if I can still use it....
Are you sure the expiration date is 4/29 and not 4/30? Sometimes Gamestop lists different expiration dates in Active Offers and on the coupon itself.

Oh dear god...I haven't traded anything to GS in a while, but I went through that link and checked it out. I'm probably screwed on my entire Power Up account aren't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back