Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked an employee about the retro store idea and they said the warehouses can barely keep retro in stock, let alone have enough to supply full fledged stores.
This is what a store manager told me when I asked why they wont be selling retro stuff in store anymore. His district manager actually threatened him saying "send back retro stuff or you wont have a job".

I don't understand why gamestop locations aren't just treated as mini distributed warehouses. Instead of having a retro game sit on a warehouse shelf for x amount of time where no one can see it, have it site on a store shelf where it can be purchased at any time. If someone buys a copy online, ship it from that store... As long as you have a working inventory system it shouldn't be an issue.

I checked the balance a few days ago and it was there - $6.90 and after last night I checked by calling in the number and pin and on the site and it says "Please check the numbers/pin and try again"

I never had this happen before and I've been getting gift cards from e-rewards for almost two years.
this is related to the frozen trade credit a few weeks back. some gift cards were also affected. mine are also still frozen

This is what a store manager told me when I asked why they wont be selling retro stuff in store anymore. His district manager actually threatened him saying "send back retro stuff or you wont have a job".

I don't understand why gamestop locations aren't just treated as mini distributed warehouses. Instead of having a retro game sit on a warehouse shelf for x amount of time where no one can see it, have it site on a store shelf where it can be purchased at any time. If someone buys a copy online, ship it from that store... As long as you have a working inventory system it shouldn't be an issue.
They've tried doing the store-as-warehouse things with select stores (not specifically for retro titles)... well, they still do. But they tinker with it A LOT. They recently took a huge hit when the last 4/10 online glitched and they ended up shipping out lots of of 1 and 2 dollar orders from each store (which, when you include shipping and packaging costs, is them selling at a loss), so I think they'd be pretty gun-shy to try something like that soon, unless they stuck to only high-priced retro.

Plus, they keep limiting game frontage at stores more and more in favor of paid-advertising and their ever-growing toy and collectible market. They're content on riding the latter straight to the grave.

People used to yell at MTV when they were becoming overrun with reality shows, "...but, we just want MUSIC - you know 'Music Television!'" I think this is a similar situation.

Was anyone else charge for their solair amiibo pre-order online today, even though the release date was pushed back? -_- Its seriously becoming a hassle to do business with gamestop on every transaction... I've had to call customer service like 5 times this month and my trade card STILL doesn't work properly...

Was anyone else charge for their solair amiibo pre-order online today, even though the release date was pushed back? -_- Its seriously becoming a hassle to do business with gamestop on every transaction... I've had to call customer service like 5 times this month and my trade card STILL doesn't work properly...
I did not get charged, though I did my online pre-order using my GS credit. It still shows as an active pre-order in the app with 11 days left, and no sign of them taking the value out of my GS credit yet.

Why is Pro Day?
0f4f95af11ec345b650ca550425f6437.gif
d65056558b71a1ff4bad3c943d574e14.gif
ea82e0cd35deb517f64225419796765f.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Who is pro day?

————-

His name is Robert Paulson

(Just in case you confuse the two - pro day does NoT usually have a B2g1 - that is prestige day. )

Sooo GS gift cards still are wonky? This is is literally a case of "it's my money, and I need it now". Luckily there haven't been any good sales in the past month, or I would be a bit more irked.

Anyone know how reliable GS PS3's are?  I've never owned one but am tempted to buy one to finally get access to all of the PS+ accumulation I've been getting over the past couple of years or so.

[quote name="greenwingzero" post="13994219" timestamp="1526323490"]

Anyone know how reliable GS PS3's are? I've never owned one but am tempted to buy one to finally get access to all of the PS+ accumulation I've been getting over the past couple of years or so.[/quote

I recently bought the 20GB PS3 that's backwards compatible with PS2 games (has the PS2 chipset). Have not played any PS2 games yet, but I'm happy with the quality so far in playing both disc and hard drive PS3 games. However, they did not include a micro USB cable with my order, and they provided a sixaxis controller instead of Dualshock 3.

I wanna dump my copy of splatoon 2... I got the starter edition one. I guess I should wait for pro day. I'm gonna get runner 3 from gs probably so I wanna trade it by Tuesday, or I'll just use a rewards cert.

Which version do you want to get though? Fat, slim or super slim?
I'd go with slim or super slim. they are more reliable than launch ps3s. Go with the cheapest sku, smallest hard drive because most games do not require huge disc installs. And the hard drive is easy to upgrade, just like the ps4. All it takes is a few screws and download of the OS, there are plenty of tutorials online.

I have a super slim from years ago, I put a 1tb hard drive in it to download all the ps+ backlog and games I bought on psn sales; it works great. I used the included 250gb hard drive as an external for another device. I love my super slim, some will say it feels cheap cause Sony ditched the slot loading disc drive to reduce cost but it has been reliable if you take care of it.

As a tip for buying from gamestop, if you're buying preowned / refurbished in store they might let you inspect the ps3 to make sure it is not beat up but YMMV. A used system comes in a generic preowned box with the controller and cables. They can inspect the box there to make sure everything is intact. Definitely check the system once you get home, especially the controller. If there is something you don't like simply take it back to the store and GS will swap it out or refund you if you're within the return period. I hope this helps, and need to wrap it up to cause I am rambling haha

I guess now we wait for any type of switch "deals"

Edit: if it's worth it, I might be tempted to trade my physical cartridge of mario + rabbids to get the eshop gold edition.

I say go with a Super Slim. I’ve had 3 goddamn Slim disc drives die on me within the last year and they were all newly purchased when they released and only owned by me.

Slim feels solid, super slim feels cheap. That and I think if looks matter any to you whatsoever, slim is also better in that regard. The super slim is also a scratch magnet and dust magnet. Overall I think it was a huge downgrade.

Anything any of you would buy today if you had a birthday coupon? Everything looks more expensive after that extra 20% off than recent sale prices.

Why can't I see my trade balance that's on my Elite Pro card? It doesn't show on the app or when I check the balance via the site.

Edit: Nevermind. Called the number on the back of the card.

Anything any of you would buy today if you had a birthday coupon? Everything looks more expensive after that extra 20% off than recent sale prices.
Could put it toward a new game since those don't get any other discounts, especially deluxe, collector's, or premium editions.

I used mine on a used game that I really wanted and hadn't dropped in price in forever and it stacked with PUR discount. Although it was 20% off of the PUR discounted price, not r 2 added together. Cost 4% extra.

The super slim ps3 ain’t too bad, it’s very light and easy to bag to take with you, and you’ll never get a stuck scratched or rattled disk.

The 2009 slim I only owned for a few months between broken back compat ones and it’s probably one of the best (minimalist) designed systems ever. You could only maybe knock it for the whole ps3 family’s shape that doesn’t allow stacking . Whole thing is solid and scratch and fingerprint free. It would also look awesome “wall mounted” essentially vertical but “standing” on the disc entry side so the big logo is facing you head on .

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back