Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Any tips to automating the GameStop survey process?  I have a ton of them to input and it is super tedious.

My goal is to help increase the number of prestige stores in my area.

Any tips to automating the GameStop survey process? I have a ton of them to input and it is super tedious.

My goal is to help increase the number of prestige stores in my area.
They only count 1 per IP address every 3 days so unless you are doing them at different places, using a cell phone with cell signal, going to McDonald's to use their Wi-Fi etc. You will only get a couple of them to actually count regardless.

They only count 1 per IP address every 3 days so unless you are doing them at different places, using a cell phone with cell signal, going to McDonald's to use their Wi-Fi etc. You will only get a couple of them to actually count regardless.
Is this limit towards a store's metrics for becoming Prestige, or for entries for the giveaway?

Possibly a pathetic attempt to not close a pre-order so as to not affect their numbers, but I had a cashier act like they couldn't find one of my old pre-orders from last year. I go to the next store, and they find/list off my pre-orders right after I give them my number (including the aforementioned one)...

Possibly a pathetic attempt to not close a pre-order so as to not affect their numbers, but I had a cashier act like they couldn't find one of my old pre-orders from last year. I go to the next store, and they find/list off my pre-orders right after I give them my number (including the aforementioned one)...
They can even print all of your preorders from any store on a receipt. I found this out yesterday. In the past I had an employee state that they could not see my previous preorder. I guess you could have them print out a list and call their bluff.

One of the stores I was at yesterday said the 4 games $9.99 and under for $20 started today. Has anyone seen anything in store to confirm that?

One of the stores I was at yesterday said the 4 games $9.99 and under for $20 started today. Has anyone seen anything in store to confirm that?
You mean like this ...
b16daed8645130b12a3a5ffb2a1b29e4.jpg

I would like to thank GS for their random B2G1 and 70% trade in bonus sale and Redbox for $10 Hitman. I started the weekend with $100 credit and $70 cash and turned it into a new NSW and $343 credit left over. Note: this includes a canceled $60 pre-order and 65k PUR points.

Didn't see the 4 for $20 until I was in the store.   I was going to use the B2G1 coupon, but the 4 for $20 was better for me.

Got :

MGSV: Phantom Pain(X1)

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix(PS3)

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix(PS3)

Transformers Prime: The Game(Wii)

FYI, just like the 4 for $10, it discounts for your PUR card too.  Mine were ringing up for $4.50 each instead of $5 each.

I would like to thank GS for their random B2G1 and 70% trade in bonus sale and Redbox for $10 Hitman. I started the weekend with $100 credit and $70 cash and turned it into a new NSW and $343 credit left over. Note: this includes a canceled $60 pre-order and 65k PUR points.
...which 70% trade in bonus sale was this? I've got a stack of games waiting to be traded in for just a sale and haven't seen anything.

...which 70% trade in bonus sale was this? I've got a stack of games waiting to be traded in for just a sale and haven't seen anything.
70% didn't happen for everyone (in that guy's case it was a military base special). Aside from Hitman and a few others, base values weren't so hot.

Alexpguy got a special at military base location. I think he said it was physically outside the base so no ID required. They had some kind of Memorial Day weekend special. So very YMMV.

Realized it was cheaper to return the thing I bought on pro day than bother with the earned B2G1. The most you could earn on a perfect set of Switch games was $8.67 a piece counting the money you'd waste on the PSN credit.

Maybe next month.

By the time I was done enjoying my memorial day of course the God of Wars (to buy back) and Mario Dekuxes were gone.

I won't say which sweepstakes I won but I will say that I won one of the recent gamestop text-to-win sweeps but I used an online link to enter through a web browser on a desktop computer so I didn't win by text. I have never won a gamestop receipt survey giveaway.

The store that I visited today here in WNY had 50% off clearance collectibles, it was not advertised.

I won't say which sweepstakes I won but I will say that I won one of the recent gamestop text-to-win sweeps but I used an online link to enter through a web browser on a desktop computer so I didn't win by text. I have never won a gamestop receipt survey giveaway.
The store that I visited today here in WNY had 50% off clearance collectibles, it was not advertised.
It was hidden on page 4 of the weekly ad but ended 5/28. They didn't seem to make big deal of it on the website or on the app so unless someone was looking for it they might not have seen it. Based on what SL and ASL have told me is that they're trying to clear a lot of that stuff out as it doesn't turn over fast enough and profit margin isn't high enough.
a1cd6ddd3894bba6fb378a4d2e4a4c07.jpg

lol, maybe still good in Hawaii?
Anyone got a time machine or perhaps a Flux capacitor?

I believe this was the code he originally wanted to sell with a 5-27 date or maybe it's a different one *shrugs

Time to place bets if he shows up to sell us more stuff that's freely obtainable lol.

I gave that guy a bonus 50% trade credit code for Gamestop awhile ago. Free.
Glad he is looking out.

Anyone got a time machine or perhaps a Flux capacitor?

I believe this was the code he originally wanted to sell with a 5-27 date or maybe it's a different one *shrugs

Time to place bets if he shows up to sell us more stuff that's freely obtainable lol.

Thank you for the word... I went down there with all my findings before my Memorial Day festivities... Did u know all 3 Oceanside GS had the deal going... Lucky area I guess!

fyi to any one trading in rory mcilroy, EA lost the PGA license, so probably the last golf game from them for at least this gen.
The Golf Club pickup up the license though so that will be a superior game.

EA Access people though should go ahead & download Rory as it’s about to be delisted digitally.

Oooh, so secretive!

It was hidden on page 4 of the weekly ad but ended 5/28. They didn't seem to make big deal of it on the website or on the app so unless someone was looking for it they might not have seen it. Based on what SL and ASL have told me is that they're trying to clear a lot of that stuff out as it doesn't turn over fast enough and profit margin isn't high enough.
a1cd6ddd3894bba6fb378a4d2e4a4c07.jpg
dang shouldve seen this earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back