Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called a local gamestop, she said she got an email that said to store all the advertisements in the back and to not do the promo today.

Edit: Update called another, he had no idea what I was talking about.
Editedit: Called probably the best store in the district, dude was super helpful. He said its not going on today, but it is coming.

Just called a local gamestop, she said she got an email that said to store all the advertisements in the back and to not do the promo today.
Edit: Update called another, he had no idea what I was talking about.
But she didn’t mention when it would begin? That’s kinda strange...

Only evidence we have of 70% trade bump is one guy saying he saw a flyer about to be put up. Go about your business and assume it's a troll until someone posts proof.

In fact, assume everything on this site is a troll unless proof is provided.

Double in fact, assume everything in LIFE is a troll unless proof is provided...

Only evidence we have of 70% trade bump is one guy saying he saw a flyer about to be put up. Go about your business and assume it's a troll until someone posts proof.

Double in fact, assume everything in LIFE is a troll unless proof is provided...
Called 3 Gamestops this morning, 2 confirmed its happening soon.

The 70% extra signage was included in the just window kit. The flyer that came with it mistakingly stated to put it up by open 6-1.
The signage had a 6-24 date on the bottom fine print.

70% trade bumps are nothing to troll about friend!

Well that sucked guy said it started later. I at least got to pick up 3 games I wanted.

We tried a preorder and a straight trade.

I was at GameStop this morning and the guy who knew I was a big trader gave me the heads up that he’s received signs for the 70% but corporate sent email to hold them. He did not know when it would officially go into effect

Gamestop promos are like the weather. Predicting them a month out is completely unreliable. No matter what materials are sent out. Remember the rental thing they were going to roll out 5-6 months ago then killed at the last second?

Until we see ads on the app and website saying "70% boost this week" don't believe it. Even then they can kill it a few days early like they have in the past.

Wow 70% and 20% and 10% prestige day all stacking that's like 110% total, hey uh do you thing that 110% will stack with the Elite 20% too?

Wow 70% and 20% and 10% prestige day all stacking that's like 110% total, hey uh do you thing that 110% will stack with the Elite 20% too?
Just like the colorful plastic donuts for 2 year olds.
f42c90c08e6231895bffef924e2a4a25.jpg

Only if you have them enter in your gfs account and cag18 in store. That's like 150% extra!

Honestly it would be better if they saved a promo like this until later in the month anyway, to possibly coincide with a bump.

Just checked the prestige stores in my area and it changed overnight.  The 2 closest stores to me are now on the list. Check again just in case. 

Did a short list of some of the games that you can flip from Gamestop to BB with the B2G1 pre-owned. All these games traded without the promo will give you a small loss (less than $6 for all of them). Elite and GCU taken into consideration (pre-tax). Hopefully these prices stay the same for tomorrow. And please, check them out for yourself. I did all this manually. I might have made some mistakes.

GS>BB Trades

$30 Pre-Owned:

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4): $24 > $21.25

Just Dance 2018 (S): $24 > $21.20

MGS V Def Edition (PS4): $24 > $21.02

Nioh (PS4): $24 > $20.69

Tales of Berseria (PS4): $24 > $20.14

Gravity Rush 2 (PS4): $24 > $19.84

NBA 2k18 (S): $24 > $18.61

Outlast Trinity (PS4): $24 > $18.32

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (PS4): $24 > $18.22

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 (PS4): $24 > $18.22

$28 Pre-Owned:

Uncharted Lost Legacy (PS4): $22.40 > $18.61

Cave Story (S): $22.40 > $18.61

Mario Kart 7 (3ds): $21.60 > $18.47 (this one is $27 preowned)

Sniper Elite 4 (PS4): $22.40 > $18.22

Puyo Puyo Tetris (S): $22.40 > $18.22

hmm if this 70% doesn't go live tomorrow should I still grab a bunch of boomerangs to sit on. decisions decisions
Yes! Problem with this board (thread) is no one is patient! The difference between 70% and 40% is big. Even if a high end game dips $5 in base TIV, the difference is more than made up for with the 70% bump. Very few people follow trends and are willing to be patient. Even if the 70% doesn't go live until the 24th (or whatever day was possibly quoted above,) it is worth buying now and holding out until then.

Just my opinion, but everyone looks at the immediate turnaround, and no one looks back to the trends of last summer (or even years before that.) We all need to remember...summer is the time to play the game right! (My 65" Sony 4k HDR TV I am watching right now is proof positive that being patient pays off.)

Yes! Problem with this board (thread) is no one is patient! The difference between 70% and 40% is big. Even if a high end game dips $5 in base TIV, the difference is more than made up for with the 70% bump. Very few people follow trends and are willing to be patient. Even if the 70% doesn't go live until the 24th (or whatever day was possibly quoted above,) it is worth buying now and holding out until then.

Just my opinion, but everyone looks at the immediate turnaround, and no one looks back to the trends of last summer (or even years before that.) We all need to remember...summer is the time to play the game right! (My 65" Sony 4k HDR TV I am watching right now is proof positive that being patient pays off.)
I would only recommend being patient with last gen games. New release/current console TIVs (not including Switch first party) drop so quickly and unexpectedly that they are a big gamble to hold onto for more than a week.

with gamestop running the $80 ps3 trade in would they knock any off if I only have a generic controller and not a DS3?

Ugh...limited to one bonus 5 dollars per pre-order... that kills that having any use.
Do you happen to know if it has to be a new preorder, or if I'll get a bonus for each game if I have more than 1 preorder? I wouldn't mind picking up some PS4 4 for $20 games if I get a $5 bump to put on 4 existing preorders.

Anyone able to sign into the GS app on iOS? I logged out yesterday and been trying to sign back in but kept giving me error. Also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it doesn’t work either. Am able to log into my account online fine, just something weird with the app.

Does 20% off birthday coupon stack with PUR 10% I already get?

It would be 30% one used item then?
Not exactly. PUR 1st then BDAY coupon.

So $10 game w/ 10% off is $9. Then take 20% off of $9. So $9 - $1.80. Final price is. $7.20 or savings of $2.80 which is 28% of $10. So you saved 28%.

So I think I used the word so way too many times.

At least that's how my last one worked.

Anyone able to sign into the GS app on iOS? I logged out yesterday and been trying to sign back in but kept giving me error. Also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it doesn’t work either. Am able to log into my account online fine, just something weird with the app.
I'm having the same issue on android. Did the same thing and logged out yesterday morning and haven't been able to log back in since. Looks like it might be a system issue then.

I'm having the same issue on android. Did the same thing and logged out yesterday morning and haven't been able to log back in since. Looks like it might be a system issue then.
I've had that issue several times on Android. Usually I have to Force Stop the app and clear the associated cache for the app and that fixes it.

I've had that issue several times on Android. Usually I have to Force Stop the app and clear the associated cache for the app and that fixes it.
I've tried doing that as well as uninstalling it and installing it again but I still keep getting this message "We're Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later".

I've tried doing that as well as uninstalling it and installing it again but I still keep getting this message "We're Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later".
App was working okay for me. Tried signing out and signing back in. Now I get the same We're Sorry message as you.

If you do a reservation on the app at say 7-8:00 tonight, are they required to hold it through the next day if they have it, or do you still need to call in and literally tell them you will be there tomorrow?

If you do a reservation on the app at say 7-8:00 tonight, are they required to hold it through the next day if they have it, or do you still need to call in and literally tell them you will be there tomorrow?
They are not required to hold games beyond the same day the reservation is placed. I mentioned this on the last page. Place your order, wait to get the emails confirming the store has the titles in stock, THEN call TONIGHT to let them know you will be in early in the morning.

Unless you run across a real dick manager, this is an easy way around everything.

Where are you guys seeing this “70% trade bonus”? The prestige day adds 10%, and see no mention anywhere of anything else. ???

Where are you guys seeing this “70% trade bonus”? The prestige day adds 10%, and see no mention anywhere of anything else. ???
It was a promo they were putting up for today but corporate had them hold it back for later use. Isn't live yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back