Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow the promotion is hella misleading its not 40% off it takes your 20% elite off and then takes 20% off that discount, so essentially its up to 36%. 

so a $30 game is going to be -20% elite = $24 -20% of that total = $19.20 

So fucking lame..

At least its the case online. Lets hope its a TRUE 40% in stores...

Gamestop should've never reentered the "retro" gaming market.
I wouldn't say that. They actually need to lean into retro gaming more than they are. They have so many stores right next to each other after the merger with EB Games years ago. They really should turn some of these stores into retro stores. They also need to get these employees better training on how to spot fakes and give them the tools to open some of these carts up to confirm. If I still worked for Gamestop I would be bringing a tool with me to work to open carts up when someone brought in a valuable game. I worked at Gamestop when a lot of these games weren't retro and even then I'd see people trying to pass off bootleg Pokemon games constantly.

I wouldn't say that. They actually need to lean into retro gaming more than they are. They have so many stores right next to each other after the merger with EB Games years ago. They really should turn some of these stores into retro stores. They also need to get these employees better training on how to spot fakes and give them the tools to open some of these carts up to confirm. If I still worked for Gamestop I would be bringing a tool with me to work to open carts up when someone brought in a valuable game. I worked at Gamestop when a lot of these games weren't retro and even then I'd see people trying to pass off bootleg Pokemon games constantly.
i agree but the fact they used to destroy or throw away many of these games was disappointing and reflects the fact the choices are just the most popular ones or junk ones, wish they would have just stored them at warehouses instead of "it retails or couple of bucks and isnt selling so get rid or it" to clear shelve space. was sad when one day found out the gba games that were still around were being shipped to poorer areas around the country because they sold more their, i try to buy up hard to get titles of systems whenever i go to mom and pop stores just to save them

Not quite. I believe what the up to refers to is a tiered discount of basic/pro/elite.

3+ games gets 10%/20%/30% off
5+ games gets 20%/30%/40% off

A b2g1 with elite is worth maximum of 46.6% if and only if all games are the same price. The way this is better than a b2g1 is that it applies across all games regardless of price of the individual games. 40% on all 5+ games. With a b2g1 the further apart the price of the games the less the percent off.

I guess the one way to maximize this is buy 1 top tier swith game and 4 $1 for total of $36.60 (not including tax if applicable). Then hold the switch game for the 70% trade bonus and trade it back for $51.

If they know we know this, they're essentially setting us up as mules to clear out thier $1 games.
Lol I derped hard when doing the math.

Does anyone know whether the PUR coupons for New items are really only good for one item, like the fine print says?  I'm looking at an order of three $12 items that totals $36 and want to use a $25 reward, but that has me concerned.  And I rarely buy anything more expensive than $15 at GS these days, so I'll probably be stuck with the coupon if it's not accepted.

Also, this wouldn't negate the $35 minimum shipping right?

i agree but the fact they used to destroy or throw away many of these games was disappointing and reflects the fact the choices are just the most popular ones or junk ones, wish they would have just stored them at warehouses instead of "it retails or couple of bucks and isnt selling so get rid or it" to clear shelve space. was sad when one day found out the gba games that were still around were being shipped to poorer areas around the country because they sold more their, i try to buy up hard to get titles of systems whenever i go to mom and pop stores just to save them
This is why having these stores makes so much sense to me. They are literally throwing merchandise away, merchandise that has a larger profit margin since they are buying it for next to nothing, the profit margin selling it for a couple of bucks is pretty good when they buy some of this stuff for ten cents. Not to mention they could also sell their little Think Geek collectibles since they make a ton of retro gaming stuff like that these days. I thought it would be cool to open these stores and make them look like the inside of an old Funcoland store, but with the Gamestop Retro branding. This is something I also think would help keep them alive too, but from when I worked there they shot this idea down numerous times and that was over a decade ago. Higher management has always seen retro video games as worthless junk, but that has clearly changed a bit over the years.

Odd Gamestop website ad says 1 year of PS+ is 49.99 but price still showing as 59.99$ for me
Where in the ad does it show it? I've gone through it several times and cant find it. My son's ps plus subscription just expired yesterday so I've been planning on picking it up at gamestop ever since they made the days of play announcement.

Where in the ad does it show it? I've gone through it several times and cant find it. My son's ps plus subscription just expired yesterday so I've been planning on picking it up at gamestop ever since they made the days of play announcement.
Go to gamestop.com and there's a huge banner showing it on the front page.

I need a trade in bonus!!!!! I’m sitting on 20 games that I have picked up for cheap. Really wanting that blue PS4. Hopefully it will get active today sometime.

I dont know how to image capture here but its literally on the main page but im not east coast so they arnt open yet to call and ask:

https://www.gamestop.com/
Lol, I found it. Apparently the mobile website leaves the ps plus deal off the banner. Had to go to the desktop site to figure that out. The weird thing though is that when you click on the banner on the desktop site it takes you to a 2nd page with all the deals and the banner on that page does not list the ps plus deal.

They also need to get these employees better training on how to spot fakes and give them the tools to open some of these carts up to confirm. If I still worked for Gamestop I would be bringing a tool with me to work to open carts up when someone brought in a valuable game. I worked at Gamestop when a lot of these games weren't retro and even then I'd see people trying to pass off bootleg Pokemon games constantly.
You are not the rule, but the exception, though.

Lol, I found it. Apparently the mobile website leaves the ps plus deal off the banner. Had to go to the desktop site to figure that out. The weird thing though is that when you click on the banner on the desktop site it takes you to a 2nd page with all the deals and the banner on that page does not list the ps plus deal.
Yea I am going to see if they are going to honor it since its on their website being posted.

Does GS sell Chick-Fil-A gift cards?
I wish. I am about to go to Gamestop and Chick-Fil-A is across the street. Now I at least know what I am getting for lunch.

Does anyone know how much Gamestop will take off for a PS3 without the USB cable for the controller? I only can seem to find one and am looking to trade a PS3 in today.

Has anyone tried the extra % off in store to see if it stacks differently then online?

I remember a couple people having a good enough relationship to call in and have them try

How would the b2g1 coupon work with the extra 20% off?
My guess is they won't stack. But B2G1 gets you 47% off if you're elite, which you'd have to be for the 5+ @ 40% off, and all games in a set of 3 are of equal cost.

For example,

3 games @ $49.99
And
3 games @ $19.99
On s b2g1 w/ elite yields 46.6% savings.

Doesnt sound like the 70% trade bonus is today...lame

So does gamestop actually let you buy 1 top tier game + 4 $1 shovelware for the 40% off deal? Theres gotta be some kind of limit somewhere

So does gamestop actually let you buy 1 top tier game + 4 $1 shovelware for the 40% off deal? Theres gotta be some kind of limit somewhere
I mixed $10-20 PS4 games and $50+ switch games. 36% off all. Didn't feel like waiting for to see if they "fix" the discount to 40%.

No limit needed, because it's not that good of a deal, at least compared to something like B2G1 w/ Elite.

40% boost does stack with B2G1 it ends on the 10th

Edit after checking my receipt maybe it did not the math isn't adding up each game I think I might of got the 30% bonus instead of 40%

$36.47 so 56.99x0.7 maybe.

I wish. I am about to go to Gamestop and Chick-Fil-A is across the street. Now I at least know what I am getting for lunch.

Does anyone know how much Gamestop will take off for a PS3 without the USB cable for the controller? I only can seem to find one and am looking to trade a PS3 in today.
Maybe hit a dollar store or something and see if you can't get the cable for cheap? Some convenience stores might have them too but probably more likely the micro USB cable.

A few years ago I supposedly had the wrong AC cable for the PS3 I was trading in. They tried to hit me with a $5 refurb fee IRC. I told him I could bring it later. He said no. I said fine I will take it back and go to another GS with the cable later. I was trading it towards a new XBox One. All of a sudden he didn't need the $5 refurb fee. So maybe about $5 for the missing cable?

Maybe hit a dollar store or something and see if you can't get the cable for cheap? Some convenience stores might have them too but probably more likely the micro USB cable.

A few years ago I supposedly had the wrong AC cable for the PS3 I was trading in. They tried to hit me with a $5 refurb fee IRC. I told him I could bring it later. He said no. I said fine I will take it back and go to another GS with the cable later. I was trading it towards a new XBox One. All of a sudden he didn't need the $5 refurb fee. So maybe about $5 for the missing cable?
That's good to know. There is a Dollar General not far from Gamestop so maybe I will stop in there first. I looked for one last time I was in a Dollar Tree though and it was nothing but micro USB cables. $5 isn't too bad, but the damn system is only worth $42 right now. :(

I am debating on trading Fire Emblem Warriors and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch today too. I want to hold out for the extra 70% promo that has been rumored, but I want to get Sushi Striker to play this weekend. I really liked the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back