Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
On a scale from one to G-fuel I realized I was asking for access during that last trade bonanza last year and then I realized I previously had access to the sheets. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Okay I want to do this. Did you get a gift receipt ? go to a different store? What was your procedure?
1. Go to store #1 trade in your base PS4 for a Nintendo Switch and ask for a gift receipt with it, you have to ask before the transaction completed otherwise they can't go back to reprint a receipt as a gift receipt.

2. Go to store #2 and return the Switch with the gift receipt. I recommend mentioning that you're purchasing the PS4 Pro at the same time, that way you're much less likely to get an employee who is irritated with taking a high dollar return from another location. The sale will cancel it out.

3. Trade in your PS3 in the same transaction to get the $80 credit.

And added bonus is if you do the whole thing with trade credit you can avoid paying any tax at all on the Switch or the PS4 Pro so it sweetens the deal.

And added bonus is if you do the whole thing with trade credit you can avoid paying any tax at all on the Switch or the PS4 Pro so it sweetens the deal.
YMMV. Each state had different rules about this. California charges tax regardless of TIC or cash.

[quote name="Link64dx" post="14011497" timestamp="1528987885"]Me too, I think you have to say a code word while posting in this thread in order to get an invite. I have yet to figure it out[/quote

G-fuel inception

1. Go to store #1 trade in your base PS4 for a Nintendo Switch and ask for a gift receipt with it, you have to ask before the transaction completed otherwise they can't go back to reprint a receipt as a gift receipt.

2. Go to store #2 and return the Switch with the gift receipt. I recommend mentioning that you're purchasing the PS4 Pro at the same time, that way you're much less likely to get an employee who is irritated with taking a high dollar return from another location. The sale will cancel it out.

3. Trade in your PS3 in the same transaction to get the $80 credit.

Thanks, that was the plan. Get it at one store and then go to another. Sadly we get taxed regardless, but not the end of the world.

Last time I returned a console with gift receipt, I was told they had to call the original store as part of their "protocol". They ended up calling them and called me out for the promo bonus(es). After the 30 minutes. I did receive my return credit plus the bonus.

Shortly after I ended up cashing out all my points in fear of the ban. I wasn't banned. This was done in San Diego with a Xbox so maybe they have their own terms with returns.

This is just funny to see the G-Fuel discourse again. Probably going to use the switch trade to get an X, even though rumor has it new consoles are coming in 2020

Last time I returned a console with gift receipt, I was told they had to call the original store as part of their "protocol". They ended up calling them and called me out for the promo bonus(es). After the 30 minutes. I did receive my return credit plus the bonus.

Shortly after I ended up cashing out all my points in fear of the ban. I wasn't banned. This was done in San Diego with a Xbox so maybe they have their own terms with returns.
It helps if you ask a friend that you "gifted" it to to return it for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back