Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a gift receipt and I’m torn between keeping the SW or going for the PS4 Pro. The mobility of the SW is nice, but some of those PS4 exclusives are really tempting...I have a PS3 I can trade too 🤷🏼‍♂️
I'd go ps4, I find that I play it more. But if you have interest in Nintendo games the switch has some great ones already

Well with the eshop discounts. I'm now looking for a way to trade my Mario rabbids kingdom battle for the eshop gold edition. Gotta see what the best promos are. I think the eshop sale is good until the 21st?

got a switch for fortnite couldn't log into it because of ps4 log on previously.  Traded the switch for g-fuel strawberry limeade.  life is better now

Only sold at GS
Best flip available right now. Especially with the b2g1 and the G-Fuel boost promo.

On another note: got my 4 out of 5 games from last weekend's extra 20% off pre-owned promo. Got 2 Mario karts 8s for $36 each. Just waiting for an SB or trade-in promo.

Is anyone else not having their pre-orders display properly in the app? I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck. Is there anywhere else we can see our pre-orders online?

Here's the thread back...minus the trolling and many of the accounts who trolled.

If you were banned over this nonsense and want your account back/IP unbanned, it’s going to require a $25 minimum donation to a charity of your choice and a written apology. 

You can email it to me along with your donation receipt.  This offer is non-negotiable.
To keep this thread on track, I won't be commenting here about the situation.  Feel free to create a thread in the feedback forum or email me, but again, the above offer is non-negotiable.

I have no idea if this the old GameStop thread, or a new GameStop thread, or a backup GameStop thread, or even a GameStop thread at all anymore. Ugh

Anyway, word on the street is 70% goes active on Monday

I was helping my brother and his friend take advantage of the switch promo and this dumb girl who tried getting me to trade in games before went nuclear on me in a store.

Last year she got kicked out of a store for asking people to trade her games due to losing her id. She recognised me at another store shortly after when I was completing a few boomerangs and walked in like she knew me saying I left some games in the car. Told her to get lost and she left in a huff.

She was doing the same thing today. Pretty weird.

I was helping my brother and his friend take advantage of the switch promo and this dumb girl who tried getting me to trade in games before went nuclear on me in a store.

Last year she got kicked out of a store for asking people to trade her games due to losing her id. She recognised me at another store shortly after when I was completing a few boomerangs and walked in like she knew me saying I left some games in the car. Told her to get lost and she left in a huff.

This is why Tide Pods have the "do not eat warning".

Man, sounds like you're lucky she probably does meth and not any energy or workout supplements

I pictured the female equivalent of the character in the movie Friday, the one who is begging Craig and Smoky for a 40oz. Some people are ducked in the head and have zero shame.
I think that was the original Felicia as in "Bye, Felicia."

There's a woman who hangs around outside the Dunkin Donuts down the street from where I live who always asks if she can borrow my cell phone. It's an old phone, but I always say hell no.

Got (2) of these Free today
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/rock-band-wireless-fender-jaguar-guitar-controller/136191

I have been wanting Rock Band 4 for a while. Happened to see this on Gamestop for $4.97 in store for the guitar. Nearest one that was in stock was 30 min drive. Figured might as well. Drove there found them sitting out. Brought it up and asked them to check the price. Apparently it wasnt in their system. I thought for sure they werent going to sell it. But they called their manager and the manager told them to just give them to me. :)

Got (2) of these Free today
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/rock-band-wireless-fender-jaguar-guitar-controller/136191
I have been wanting Rock Band 4 for a while. Happened to see this on Gamestop for $4.97 in store for the guitar. Nearest one that was in stock was 30 min drive. Figured might as well. Drove there found them sitting out. Brought it up and asked them to check the price. Apparently it wasnt in their system. I thought for sure they werent going to sell it. But they called their manager and the manager told them to just give them to me. :)
Wow this is cool as I see a store in my area has this in stock would gladly buy another guitar for $5 or in your case for free! Thanks for posting.

Anyone know if it's possible to trade in two different consoles towards just one Switch and get the promotional values for both? Say, for example, that I wanted to trade in an Xbox One for $150 and a Wii U for $100 so I'd have $250 towards a Switch. I assume not, since the terms state "Cannot be combined with any other offer." for each one, but it'd make getting my brother a Switch a heck of a lot easier if it was possible.

I should probably also ask if the promo will still be valid tomorrow, i.e. 6/17, as sometimes when a sale ends on certain date, that actually means that it's gone on that date and doesn't run until the end of the day. I'm on the east coast, so my stores are already closed for the night.

Anyone know if it's possible to trade in two different consoles towards just one Switch and get the promotional values for both? Say, for example, that I wanted to trade in an Xbox One for $150 and a Wii U for $100 so I'd have $250 towards a Switch. I assume not, since the terms state "Cannot be combined with any other offer." for each one, but it'd make getting my brother a Switch a heck of a lot easier if it was possible.

I should probably also ask if the promo will still be valid tomorrow, i.e. 6/17, as sometimes when a sale ends on certain date, that actually means that it's gone on that date and doesn't run until the end of the day. I'm on the east coast, so my stores are already closed for the night.
I think someone mentioned previously that two consoles toward one Switch don't work, you'd have to buy a 2nd one. And yeah the promo will be good until end of day tomorrow.

What's the best way to cash out gamestop credit?  I guess the last time I tried to buy an Amazon gift card it worked but the system flat out stops it now.

we're no longer able to load using the amazon cash barcode? last time i was doing some flipperoos I was successful doing that but then again that was eight months ago

we're no longer able to load using the amazon cash barcode? last time i was doing some flipperoos I was successful doing that but then again that was eight months ago
That was loooong long ago. Amazon has been dead for while my friend.
People have been saying that for a while. I was successful in November 2017 but there were posts from before then of people saying it wouldn’t work. Not saying Omni99 is wrong, but I think there was a lot of misinformation regarding that.

Worse comes to worse; you can buy and sell iPhones. Sometimes B2G1 works on iPhones too; if you really want to maximize profit, you could sell 3 iPhones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back