Gamestop November Trade Specials

brighenne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Did a quick search for this and didn't see it posted:

33696860ze1.jpg

It says cannot be combined with any other offer, so I'm guessing you can't stack this with cellfire or anything. Some of these game would be better trading in with the extra 30% + 10% edge bonus for the trade 5 games or the cellfire. Games like Fallout 3 & Fable 2 on 360 would get $42 instead of the $35 with this deal.

[quote name='Akira119']I never trade games in at Gamestop but $35 for the newest games is a "special" price? What do they normally trade for?[/quote]

Haha yeah exactly. I only ever traded in the $4 titles I got from HWV.

I'm guessing most people don't wanna go through the hassle of listing it on eBay or Craigslist and finding a buyer or something, cause those are far more profitable options.

[quote name='Lethal04']It says cannot be combined with any other offer, so I'm guessing you can't stack this with cellfire or anything. Some of these game would be better trading in with the extra 30% + 10% edge bonus for the trade 5 games or the cellfire. Games like Fallout 3 & Fable 2 on 360 would get $42 instead of the $35 with this deal.[/quote]

It's odd. It SAYS it doesn't stack with any other promo, but if you look at the text right below the prices, it says that it's a manual override to change the prices, so theoretically, that wouldn't conflict with the 30% bonus would it?

I'm not sure if Promos will still apply to Price Overrides, but your Edge card should still work for sure. Might get to test this out this week.

[quote name='dys006']I'm not sure if Promos will still apply to Price Overrides, but your Edge card should still work for sure. Might get to test this out this week.[/quote]

I always thought they did, since, whenever people were attempting to get 2 promos to stack in the past, the employee had to do an override for one. I've never had this happen, so I can't speak to it, but the impression I always got from how it was described was that the override was to add one promo, and the first promo was applied.

I would love correction if my assumption was wrong. You could technically make a ridiculous amount of credit on a used game here. With 30% + Edge a $35 game becomes a $49 game.

I've had other promos stack on price overrides several times before, YMMV though as I seem to be blessed with extremely helpful GS employees and this does say that technically they shouldn't be doing it.

I've still got Resistance 2 sealed by my tv. Can't quit playing Fallout 3. I got it for $38 shipped from ebay (with live.com cashback). This is very tempting.

Well, if the promos automatically stack, then it may not be YMMV on this, since the actual instructions for these prices is to plug them in as price overrides. My question would just be if the promo calculates AFTER they override, so that it's doing 30% of however much, rather than just a flat however much.

The promo should include the override amount. When I had overrides with edge, the extra 10% also applied to the override bonus.

An interesting development posted in the tiered trade thread:

[quote name='Psybuster']I just came back and it sort of stacks in a weird way. Traded in Little Big Planet which has a base of 25 dollars, got 7.50 extra for the 30% bonus, then the 10 dollar override kicked in, and finally 3.50 extra for EDGE for 46 dollars total.[/quote]

[quote name='guessed']An interesting development posted in the tiered trade thread:[/quote]

So it seems like the 30% bonus applies to the non-override price, but Edge applies to the post-override price, at least from that example.

I'd be willing to bet that the order the coupons/promo were presented have something to do with the way they stack. I think that I'm going to try this. First, I'll give the rep the printout. Let them override the price and then give them my cellfire coupon. And finally my EDGE card. If it works out right, I'll be getting $49/game. I'll get that on credit and then go back on Wed and pick up the games at the B2G1 deal. Should come out about $50 ahead. :lol:

[quote name='torifile']I'd be willing to bet that the order the coupons/promo were presented have something to do with the way they stack. I think that I'm going to try this. First, I'll give the rep the printout. Let them override the price and then give them my cellfire coupon. And finally my EDGE card. If it works out right, I'll be getting $49/game. I'll get that on credit and then go back on Wed and pick up the games at the B2G1 deal. Should come out about $50 ahead. :lol:[/quote]

FRAUD!

[quote name='torifile']I'd be willing to bet that the order the coupons/promo were presented have something to do with the way they stack. I think that I'm going to try this. First, I'll give the rep the printout. Let them override the price and then give them my cellfire coupon. And finally my EDGE card. If it works out right, I'll be getting $49/game. I'll get that on credit and then go back on Wed and pick up the games at the B2G1 deal. Should come out about $50 ahead. :lol:[/quote]

I hope that works for you. I'd be worried that they might not be willing to combine the flyer with cellfire. It might be more likely to work if, instead of cellfire, you trade in 5 or more games together, so the 30% bump would be automatic.
[quote name='monkeydeew']FRAUD![/quote]
How, exactly, is that fraud?

I got this in an email the other day, pretty odd e-mail if you ask me.

I have to admit, I'd love to find somebody willing to sell me Dead Space for 25$ in GS credit (lol)

bread's done
Back