GameStop Offering FREE $50 GC and B2G1 Used Promotion to DEHR PC Early Adopters

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just received this email, so it looks like GS is trying to make good on the whole OnLive fiasco:
[quote name='GameStop']Dear GameStop customer,

Earlier this week, GameStop removed a competitor's coupon from standard edition PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a recent release by Square Enix. We were not aware that the product box would contain this competitor's offer. We regret the events surrounding this title release and that our customers were put in the middle of this issue between GameStop and Square Enix, the publisher of this game. And for this, we are truly sorry.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a free $50 GameStop gift card and a Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-owned purchase. We want to earn back your trust and confidence in the GameStop experience. Please bring in this email and your store receipt or order confirmation from GameStop.com and present it to a Game Advisor.

Sincerely,
Paul Raines
CEO, GameStop[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: News Source

To Qualify For The $50 GC and B2G1 Promotion:
- Must have purchased Deus Ex: Human Revolution Standard Edition (YMMV on Augmented) for PC prior to 8/26 (does NOT exclude regular purchases)
- Must provide receipt or proof of purchase from online order
- Product does NOT need to have had the OnLive code removed to qualify; if it was sealed at purchase, you're still fully eligible

$50 GC is rung up as cash and totaled out. The employee is required to print a gift receipt for nightly counts as the register will be short $50 in cash.
B2G1 used is rung up with the lowest priced item marked down to a penny. There is no coupon issued for this, so you can work with your GS employee for a raincheck if you don't want to purchase immediately.

If you do not have your receipt, go to the store it was purchased and they will look up your information (1).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Punisher']Well the email said that u have to Just show them the receipt and email. So anyone can use this since its not linking to pur card.

They will process the gift card and B2G1 as a pay out.

Maybe Im wrong, but i didnt think it was fraud. i do have the 360 not the pc.[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight, you're requesting that someone post a receipt/invoice so that anyone can use it to get $50 from gamestop, even if they didn't even purchase the game, all while talking about the lack of a paper trail, and you're arguing whether this is fraud or not? Are you seriously that dense? Holy Shit................

CAG should seriously ban people with your line of thinking, it contributes nothing to this site.

[quote name='ssjmichael']So let me get this straight, you're requesting that someone post a receipt/invoice so that anyone can use it to get $50 from gamestop, even if they didn't even purchase the game, all while talking about the lack of a paper trail, and you're arguing whether this is fraud or not? Are you seriously that dense? Holy Shit................

CAG should seriously ban people with your line of thinking, it contributes nothing to this site.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I purchase the 360. Second, people here talking about trying to hit other Gs, not me. Third, u hear people here on CAG talking about flipping, return without receipt, etc. (which I havent done)
So if u found $300 on the ground, would u turn it in? (I did at a store.)
Maybe this is wrong, but its not fraud. Go read the email. So even if u had the receipt, how is it prevent others from doing it many times?This is a error/flaw that they setup. Dont act like u are perfect. Im pretty sure u flip a game, etc before.
I have flip a game for profit. (i like playing games/collecting while others here do that crap)

[quote name='The Punisher']Wait, I purchase the 360. Second, people here talking about trying to hit other Gs, not me. Third, u hear people here on CAG talking about flipping, return without receipt, etc. (which I havent done)
Maybe this is wrong, but its not fraud. Go read the email. So even if u had the receipt, how is it prevent others from doing it many times?This is a error/flaw that they setup. Dont act like u are perfect. Im pretty sure u flip a game, etc before.
I havent flip a game for profit. (i like playing games/collecting while others here do that crap)

Regardless of the fraud debate, are you dumb enough to think GameStop will just accept a receipt from out of state? Actually, they might. . .

Carry on.

[quote name='Jodou']Regardless of the fraud debate, are you dumb enough to think GameStop will just accept a receipt from out of state? Actually, they might. . .

Carry on.[/QUOTE]

U never know. Its GS. I just didnt think it was fraud since they giving it out to apologize to customers.

[quote name='The Punisher']Wait, I purchase the 360. Second, people here talking about trying to hit other Gs, not me. Third, u hear people here on CAG talking about flipping, return without receipt, etc. (which I havent done)
I have flip a game for profit. (i like playing games/collecting while others here do that crap)[/QUOTE]

How the fuck does this compare to finding $300 on the ground? And those that are returning games without receipts at places they didn't purchase it are also committing fraud, nice to know you're lumping yourself in with that crowd. There is no question now that you are in fact dense, and have no sense of what it means to commit fraud, nor even a moral awareness/conscience to realize that even if it weren't an actual crime, it's just plain wrong. I assume based on the way you write and think that you must be around 12 or 13?

And no, I've never returned a game without a receipt at a retailer I didn't purchase it at (or ever for that matter).

[quote name='The Punisher']U never know. Its GS. I just didnt think it was fraud since they giving it out to apologize to customers.[/QUOTE]

Customers who bought the PC version and had their Onlive coupon gutted. Are you one of those customers? No, you're not, so it's fucking fraud you ignorant human. If it was to apologize to "customers" in general then they would say they're giving $50 to everyone regardless of whether they originally purchase the qualifying game or not. How you can't grasp such a simple fact is beyond me.

I'm done discussing this, I'll let the mods handle it from here. I apologize to the mods if I went out of hand, but this guy is seriously frustrating

[quote name='The Punisher']U never know. Its GS. I just didnt think it was fraud since they giving it out to apologize to customers.[/QUOTE]

They could apologize to all customers by publicly ending the program of opening new games, storing the disc, and then selling said opened game as a "new."

That's an easy way to apologize to all customers. This is more about damage control with users who purchased this title. First clue, though, should have been, "Hey, my PC game is opened and this is a Steamworks title, so being compromised makes it worthless, wtf?"

I think the irony of Gamestop complaining about a "competitor's service" being offered in the box of a title that uses Steamworks is enough, anyway. I mean, srsly, they should have been mad about TWO competitors' services being in the box.

Gamestop owns both Impulse and their OnLive wannabe. Steam and OnLive are competitors to both.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']They could apologize to all customers by publicly ending the program of opening new games, storing the disc, and then selling said opened game as a "new."
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. :applause:

[quote name='ssjmichael']How the fuck does this compare to finding $300 on the ground? And those that are returning games without receipts at places they didn't purchase it are also committing fraud, nice to know you're lumping yourself in with that crowd. There is no question now that you are in fact dense, and have no sense of what it means to commit fraud, nor even a moral awareness/conscience to realize that even if it weren't an actual crime, it's just plain wrong.

And no, I've never returned a game without a receipt at a retailer I didn't purchase it at (or ever for that matter).[/QUOTE]

U make it sound like u are perfect. How about people here asking to post coupons,etc that is not theirs? Im pretty sure u made a mistake or did "something wrong" that is considered in your mind nothing wrong to begin with. If u consider taking a advantage of a deal due to errors,etc it is still wrong.

If showing a receipt to a associate and the associate decides to honor the deal,then yes its Moral wrong.
I havent return a game that I never purchased and without receipt.
I dont flip games for profit..(i enjoy collecting and playing games)
I was thinking that this type of error was an advantage and didnt consider it fraud. Im moral wrong, but Im not with that crowd.

So u act like u are so perfect. U probably took advantage of deals/errors that u consider is not wrong. No one is perfect except god. We have all Sinned before.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']They could apologize to all customers by publicly ending the program of opening new games, storing the disc, and then selling said opened game as a "new."

That's an easy way to apologize to all customers. This is more about damage control with users who purchased this title. First clue, though, should have been, "Hey, my PC game is opened and this is a Steamworks title, so being compromised makes it worthless, wtf?"

I think the irony of Gamestop complaining about a "competitor's service" being offered in the box of a title that uses Steamworks is enough, anyway. I mean, srsly, they should have been mad about TWO competitors' services being in the box.

Gamestop owns both Impulse and their OnLive wannabe. Steam and OnLive are competitors to both.[/QUOTE]
Wonder why Gs just cant keep the new releases sealed for customers to pickup.

@ SSJmichael- There is no need for u to be name calling and dont have to be immature.

[quote name='The Punisher']U make it sound like u are perfect. How about people here asking to post coupons,etc that is not theirs? Im pretty sure u made a mistake or did "something wrong" that is considered in your mind nothing wrong to begin with. If u consider taking a advantage of a deal due to errors,etc it is still wrong.

If showing a receipt to a associate and the associate decides to honor the deal,then yes its Moral wrong.
I was thinking that this type of error was an advantage and didnt consider it fraud. Im moral wrong, but Im not with that crowd.

So u act like u are so perfect. U probably took advantage of deals/errors that u consider is not wrong. No one is perfect except god. We have all Sinned before.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Punisher']U make it sound like u are perfect. How about people here asking to post coupons,etc that is not theirs? Im pretty sure u made a mistake or did "something wrong" that is considered in your mind nothing wrong to begin with. If u consider taking a advantage of a deal due to errors,etc it is still wrong.

So u act like u are so perfect. U probably took advantage of deals/errors that u consider is not wrong. No one is perfect except god. We have all Sinned before.[/QUOTE]

Shut the fuck up.

For what its worth, flipping isn't morally wrong. You buy something for a set price, you go somewhere else (or the same place), they offer you x$, you agree.

It'd be like if I bought a car for 10k, then resold it for 12k to someone else. Is that person morally wrong? If so, every business everywhere would apply.

Bottom line, stop doing the wrong thing.

[quote name='Maestro']they're only doing this because of the bad press.[/QUOTE]

Of course. If they didnt get a lot of bad press they never would have done squat and just kept their mouths shut. This is lamestop after all, they fuck customers anyway they can on purpose, they just got caught and outed this time so they are trying to make it seem like a accident and they are really sorry.

[/QUOTE]

Apologize? Dude, if you don't want your "new" game to not be opened then go Best Buy or Amazon. GameStop can do whatever the fuk they want. It is called doing business as they seem fit. What people don't realize is how many used games (especially DS) are actually brand new games that just had the shrink wrap removed and are sold as used. I don't see people bitching about that.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse on what GameStop should and shouldn't do. Don't like what you see? then get the fuk out.

[quote name='gargus']Of course. If they didnt get a lot of bad press they never would have done squat and just kept their mouths shut. This is lamestop after all, they fuck customers anyway they can on purpose, they just got caught and outed this time so they are trying to make it seem like a accident and they are really sorry.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you think soccer moms (who tend to be the typical GameStop customer) have any clue of this "bad press"? GameStop could have easily just apologized and moved on. Instead you had the CEO, yes the CEO issuing a statement and offering a $50 gift card for those who were affected (pretty much making the damn game FREE)... how many companies would do something like that? Now, their response has generated this "how can I get $50 at GameStop" as seen from the last page or 2 of comments. It is pathetic to be quite honest.

an update for people who really did buy the game and do not have their receipt. I emailed gamestop and asked if I could still qualify for the promotion with out the receipt and if they could look up that I bought it on my PUR card. Here is there response

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Please return to the store where the reservation was made.
If the store is unable to locate your information please have them contact Customer Service for further assistance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

[quote name='oasisboy']Now, their response has generated this "how can I get $50 at GameStop" as seen from the last page or 2 of comments. It is pathetic to be quite honest.[/QUOTE]
Only part i agree with.

Everything else you've said is bullshit though. I've never seen someone ride GS' cock so hard. I bet you swallow.

[quote name='Newl']Only part i agree with.

Everything else you've said is bullshit though. I've never seen someone ride GS' cock so hard. I bet you swallow.[/QUOTE]

I used to work at GameStop corporate in Grapevine, TX and do know more about the company than the average dick who thinks GameStop should vow to them.

The CEO even knew me by name when I worked there...

Please be so kind on explaining how my comments are bullshit, otherwise GTFO.

Now, if you think I suck GS Cock, dude, you should see how many suck on Amazon... yummy. I can line them up for you.

Fraud /n/ In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent.

1) You're talking about being deceptive
2) You're talking about personal gain

Talking about committing fraud is one thing, but actually partaking in fraud is morally reprehensible.

[quote name='shujikun']Fraud /n/ In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent.

1) You're talking about being deceptive
2) You're talking about personal gain

Talking about committing fraud is one thing, but actually partaking in fraud is morally reprehensible.[/QUOTE]

This is why I didnt like slickdeals.Too many people were talking about flipping for profit, buying a item at store A and return it at store B without receipt, ticket switching or taking advantage of a price error,coupon fraud, etc. I didnt like that crap.

I also hear about this on CAG, but not as much.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']For what its worth, flipping isn't morally wrong. You buy something for a set price, you go somewhere else (or the same place), they offer you x$, you agree.

It'd be like if I bought a car for 10k, then resold it for 12k to someone else. Is that person morally wrong? If so, every business everywhere would apply.

Bottom line, stop doing the wrong thing.[/QUOTE]

He's using the term flipping in regards to people buying games cheap at one place then tricking places like Walmart, Costco, etc.. into returning them without a receipt for full price. That's wrong, and definitely fraud. Flipping (i.e. trading/reselling) for profit is just fine

ok this talk about morals and shits, is getting quite tedious and I wouldn't call it morally reprehensible, morally reprehensible is when you steal from the donation box to buy a gun to rob an orphanage. Buy a game at low price and flipping it at another store is taking advantage of a loop hole or a broken system, it is not morally reprehensible, it is just what bottom feeders do, an appropriate punishment would be getting banned or just denied that return, especially if you have no proof of purchase. I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about this.

[quote name='oasisboy']Apologize? Dude, if you don't want your "new" game to not be opened then go Best Buy or Amazon. GameStop can do whatever the fuk they want. It is called doing business as they seem fit. What people don't realize is how many used games (especially DS) are actually brand new games that just had the shrink wrap removed and are sold as used. I don't see people bitching about that.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse on what GameStop should and shouldn't do. Don't like what you see? then get the fuk out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude, you think soccer moms (who tend to be the typical GameStop customer) have any clue of this "bad press"? GameStop could have easily just apologized and moved on. Instead you had the CEO, yes the CEO issuing a statement and offering a $50 gift card for those who were affected (pretty much making the damn game FREE)... how many companies would do something like that? Now, their response has generated this "how can I get $50 at GameStop" as seen from the last page or 2 of comments. It is pathetic to be quite honest.[/QUOTE]

Stop. The CEO might very well be a nice man; but how his company is run sure doesn't reflect it.

This is coming from someone that will shop anywhere (if the deal is right) regardless of being burned by a retailer before. I simply don't care, if BB has the best deal I'll go to Best Buy. If gamestop has the best deal I'll go to gamestop.

But for the life of me I don't understand why they open games. Please don't use the stupid excuse that it is to advertise for the game/know when the last copy is sold.

You ever been to a tru? They create dummy cases! This does NOT involve opening and (playing) new games. Just simply take an empty case, print out the cover art, put it on the shelf. What is so F'N hard about that?

I have walked away from so many sales at Gamestop when I've called to see if they had a game, asked if it was new, run over there only to find out they are selling me a gutted copy of a CE/SE/LE at full price.

Thought printing out the cover art and such was illegal? I get your point though. No ones opens and guts a new game then claims it is "new" except for gamestop. How people condone that and all this fiasco is beyond me. But choose wisely next time.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Thought printing out the cover art and such was illegal? I get your point though. No ones opens and guts a new game then claims it is "new" except for gamestop. How people condone that and all this fiasco is beyond me. But choose wisely next time.[/QUOTE]

I would assume that they (TRU) have permission to do it. You understand what I'm talking about through right? I don't rent movies anymore but that was a big thing a few years ago too. Most display models were just blank cases with cover art.

But I agree with your statement. Gamestop is the only company that does this. At least that I'm aware of.

[quote name='GBAstar']Stop. The CEO might very well be a nice man; but how his company is run sure doesn't reflect it.

But for the life of me I don't understand why they open games. Please don't use the stupid excuse that it is to advertise for the game/know when the last copy is sold.

[/QUOTE]

The CEO cannot control what happens at a store in Seattle, WA when he is in Grapevine, TX or happens to be in Australia. The same applies for a shitty manager in Spain, while he is in Grapevine, TX at the headquarters. Your logic is faulty, are you telling me that Bill Gates is to blame for the old model of the 360 dying over and over (RROD)? Is that Bill Gates fault? No, but I am sure he signed that $1 billion budget to extend warranty to 3 years for the old model across the board. Same with this fiasco at GameStop where the CEO made an executive decision to give everyone a $50 gift card.

Everyone that bitches about the company will have a different view if they ever have the chance to talk to the CEO in person, if you tell him X store sucks, he will personally call the store manager and address the matter then call you back. I am not shitting you. Once I told him in a meeting about Samurai Shodown Anthology for the PS2 and how I could not find the damn game at any store. He wrote down the name of the game and said: "I will get one for you". 3 days letter I get a phone call at the office (while I still worked at GameStop) and it was his executive admin telling me to go to the front desk to pick up the game. True story.

Inside info about open games: GameStop buys games from Best Buy, Blockbuster and other retailers. These are games that are just not selling at their stores so GameStop buys them at a big discount. As part of their contract of purchase, GameStop has to open these BRAND NEW GAMES and since they are NEW GAMES, they are sold as such. I have seen the machine that actually removes the shrinkwrap in action so I can attest to this.

Now, can we now just move on? Don't like gutted games, then go somewhere else.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Not even a GS PR rep shills as much as oasis, holy shitttt[/QUOTE]

Dude, GameStop is not a perfect company. Must say their pay sucks, that's why I left the company, but then again it is retail.

I am just sick of all the bitching / whining at CAG from people who don't know shit.

[quote name='oasisboy']The CEO cannot control what happens at a store in Seattle, WA when he is in Grapevine, TX or happens to be in Australia. The same applies for a shitty manager in Spain, while he is in Grapevine, TX at the headquarters. Your logic is faulty, are you telling me that Bill Gates is to blame for the old model of the 360 dying over and over (RROD)? Is that Bill Gates fault? No, but I am sure he signed that $1 billion budget to extend warranty to 3 years for the old model across the board. Same with this fiasco at GameStop where the CEO made an executive decision to give everyone a $50 gift card.

Everyone that bitches about the company will have a different view if they ever have the chance to talk to the CEO in person, if you tell him X store sucks, he will personally call the store manager and address the matter then call you back. I am not shitting you. Once I told him in a meeting about Samurai Shodown Anthology for the PS2 and how I could not find the damn game at any store. He wrote down the name of the game and said: "I will get one for you". 3 days letter I get a phone call at the office (while I still worked at GameStop) and it was his executive admin telling me to go to the front desk to pick up the game. True story.

Inside info about open games: GameStop buys games from Best Buy, Blockbuster and other retailers. These are games that are just not selling at their stores so GameStop buys them at a big discount. As part of their contract of purchase, GameStop has to open these BRAND NEW GAMES and since they are NEW GAMES, they are sold as such. I have seen the machine that actually removes the shrinkwrap in action so I can attest to this.

Now, can we now just move on? Don't like gutted games, then go somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

wow this is the dumbest true story i have ever heard...for one, that CEO should be concerning himself with bigger issues NOT getting some dude a stupid video game, secondly why did he not tell you to order it online? he should have been wondering why if someone wanted a game why they could not find it to purchase, that should have been his concern...if it is in your inventory and its available for his asst to get for you then it must have been available to be sold somewhere...

maybe they didnt pay you much because if you have facetime with the CEO you should be offering up ideas to impress the man, show him you have skills, ideas, something to improve the company that your smart and you are an asset to the company...NOT that your wasting your time playing video games and your bugging the CEO to help you find said stupid video game...

oh and edit to add comment about that insider info, thats business, we are not talking about that, I dont care if they get their games from BB or from the publisher, if they sell it as brand new then it should come sealed like it was from the publisher, so why when i sell them a game if its open or not its a used price? why cant i get a premium price if all I did was take off the shrink wrap?

[quote name='oasisboy']The CEO cannot control what happens at a store in Seattle, WA when he is in Grapevine, TX or happens to be in Australia. The same applies for a shitty manager in Spain, while he is in Grapevine, TX at the headquarters. Your logic is faulty, are you telling me that Bill Gates is to blame for the old model of the 360 dying over and over (RROD)? Is that Bill Gates fault? No, but I am sure he signed that $1 billion budget to extend warranty to 3 years for the old model across the board. Same with this fiasco at GameStop where the CEO made an executive decision to give everyone a $50 gift card.

Now, can we now just move on? Don't like gutted games, then go somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

The CEO may be a good guy but what really bothers me about this whole situation is that the only reason Gamestop is offering a free $50 gift card as well as a Buy 2 Get 1 free used deal is because someone leaked the original letter to the media. I can't help but wonder if no one knew about that letter, would Gamestop have even done this? I don't think they would have.

The OP on this is so wrong. The email that went out was only to RESERVE customers. GameStop employees are supposed to make sure that they reserved the game. An email was sent out about this on the 26th.

Also in that email, it said we MUST HAVE A VALID RECEIPT to take any copies back. I think it's due to Square Enix teaming up with GameStop to do this promotion. I know that you aren't allowed to "look up" the info, because in the email from the same person who told us to open all of the copies, he told us to only honor this promotion if the customer presents a valid receipt (NO COPIES).

Just an FYI for you guys.

[quote name='oasisboy']
Inside info about open games: GameStop buys games from Best Buy, Blockbuster and other retailers. These are games that are just not selling at their stores so GameStop buys them at a big discount. [/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think you have any "inside info" because GameStop does NOT buy games from places like Best Buy. Have you ever worked in the WH? All the games GameStop ever receives is straight from the respective vendor.

At any case, if they did team up with someone like Blockbuster it's for used games not new ones. I still kinda doubt they would do that though. They would have to throw away all the cases/booklets and make the shitty fake ones.. it doesn't seem like them. But it would be a good idea to buyout a ton of their old stuff if GS needed it.

[quote name='Kristopher']The OP on this is so wrong. The email that went out was only to RESERVE customers. GameStop employees are supposed to make sure that they reserved the game. An email was sent out about this on the 26th.

Also in that email, it said we MUST HAVE A VALID RECEIPT to take any copies back. I think it's due to Square Enix teaming up with GameStop to do this promotion. I know that you aren't allowed to "look up" the info, because in the email from the same person who told us to open all of the copies, he told us to only honor this promotion if the customer presents a valid receipt (NO COPIES).

Just an FYI for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, the email posted in the OP came directly from Gamestop..... Are you somehow implying that Gamestop's own email is wrong, or that the op altered it somehow?

It's definitely not just for reserve customers only that would make zero sense since regular customers who bought it after it was released got screwed over too.

So more than likely, you're wrong, the OP is correct

What GS is really saying here is "Please dont sue us!" :)

Edit:

Actually now that I think about this, the $50 amount makes perfect sense. The OnLive code was said to be worth $50 and since Gamestop removed the code, they are now basically paying back the customers for the lost value plus a little extra.

Dont be fooled here, this was NOT done as a goodwill gesture from Gamestop. This was a pre-emptive move before the lawsuit that was coming which they now have a good chance at winning. They can now say they compensated customers for any lost value that the coupons represented. Smart business move really.

ok this talk about morals and shits, is getting quite tedious and I wouldn't call it morally reprehensible, morally reprehensible is when you steal from the donation box to buy a gun to rob an orphanage. Buy a game at low price and flipping it at another store is taking advantage of a loop hole or a broken system, it is not morally reprehensible, it is just what bottom feeders do, an appropriate punishment would be getting banned or just denied that return, especially if you have no proof of purchase. I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about this.

Theft is not morally ambiguous; there are exceptions to the rule, but only in times of survival.

[quote name='timmylamb']

1. wow this is the dumbest true story i have ever heard...for one, that CEO should be concerning himself with bigger issues NOT getting some dude a stupid video game.

2. secondly why did he not tell you to order it online? he should have been wondering why if someone wanted a game why they could not find it to purchase, that should have been his concern...

3. if it is in your inventory and its available for his asst to get for you then it must have been available to be sold somewhere...

4. maybe they didnt pay you much because if you have facetime with the CEO you should be offering up ideas to impress the man, show him you have skills, ideas, something to improve the company that your smart and you are an asset to the company...NOT that your wasting your time playing video games and your bugging the CEO to help you find said stupid video game...

5. oh and edit to add comment about that insider info, thats business, we are not talking about that, I dont care if they get their games from BB or from the publisher, if they sell it as brand new then it should come sealed like it was from the publisher, so why when i sell them a game if its open or not its a used price? why cant i get a premium price if all I did was take off the shrink wrap?[/QUOTE]

1. Paul Raines offered to get the game because I explained to him in one of our meetings how painful it was to find this game at a store. I shared my story with him on how employees at the stores I visited were not that helpful. He then said, "well it sounds like you had a bad experience to get this game, so give me the name and I will get it for you". Everyone after the meeting, were like "whoa, dude, you will get a game from the CEO". The CEO met with our group because he cares about all people that work at GameStop, he wanted to see how we were doing and that's when I brought up my frustration at some of the stores. As a FYI, during this meeting he mentioned how GameFly was looking for a buyer because they weren't doing so well. He met with their leadership but nothing happened because it wasn't worth the investment...

2. I told him the game wasn't available online. It wouldn't even come up at all whenever you searched on the website.

3. I found out, the CEO just asked the Refurbishment Manager to look for the game at the main Refurb Center and they found a copy which I ended up getting.

4. Like I said before, HE OFFERED TO GET ME THE GAME. I just shared my story about being frustrated at the stores (like many here). Our group met with Paul Raines at his request to see how everything was going and he opened the forum for ideas or questions. One of the questions was about Netflix and what he thought about them. He then mentioned the whole story with GameFly and how he met with their leadership but nothing worked out. I don't think my pay would've increased if I gave him brilliant ideas, that was all my manager and the Director being cheap as fuck.

5. The whole brand new sealed thing does not matter shit. If I am buying games from the competition and know they are brand new except the shrink wrap was removed, I would sell them as New to make money. At one point there were discussions to sell "premium used" games but that never materialized because people keep buying opened games as New. If people stopped buying gutted games as New, then this premium used category would probably come to life. If you were the owner of the company, you would be doing the same damn thing. It is all about making money...

[quote name='beefytwinkie']The CEO may be a good guy but what really bothers me about this whole situation is that the only reason Gamestop is offering a free $50 gift card as well as a Buy 2 Get 1 free used deal is because someone leaked the original letter to the media. I can't help but wonder if no one knew about that letter, would Gamestop have even done this? I don't think they would have.[/QUOTE]

The CEO could have easily said: fuck it, all they get is my apology. All companies and politicians do this all time. They don't take action until they get caught. That's not new. The CEO could have just let this slide since their typical customer has no idea about this fiasco at all. Instead, they offered $50 and a B2G1, which is very respectable. Just think about how much that's going to cost the company... :roll:

[quote name='mkaliaz']

Dont be fooled here, this was NOT done as a goodwill gesture from Gamestop. This was a pre-emptive move before the lawsuit that was coming which they now have a good chance at winning. They can now say they compensated customers for any lost value that the coupons represented. Smart business move really.[/QUOTE]

Where have I seen this before??? Oh yes, SONY offering 2 free PS3 and PSP games and 1 month of PSN+... Where is the outcry for Sony? Where is the let's boycott Sony and not buy their TVs and watch their movies... etc :roll:

[quote name='mkaliaz']

Dont be fooled here, this was NOT done as a goodwill gesture from Gamestop. This was a pre-emptive move before the lawsuit that was coming which they now have a good chance at winning. They can now say they compensated customers for any lost value that the coupons represented. Smart business move really.[/QUOTE]

Where have I seen this before??? Oh yes, SONY offering 2 free PS3 and PSP games and 1 month of PSN+... Where is the outcry for Sony? Where is the let's boycott Sony and not buy their TVs and watch their movies... etc :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']The CEO could have easily said: fuck it, all they get is my apology. All companies and politicians do this all time. They don't take action until they get caught. That's not new. The CEO could have just let this slide since their typical customer has no idea about this fiasco at all. Instead, they offered $50 and a B2G1, which is very respectable. Just think about how much that's going to cost the company... :roll:[/quote]
It's possible he realizes that a good portion of people who purchase from Gamestop are people who scour the internet and not just regular people who have no idea about the knowledge that can be found on the internet. It's also possible he knows that people on the internet can cause a big stink about it (which they did in this case) and influence others who browse sites like this.

Then again I'm not him and I'm not the CEO of a company. I'm just thinking and guessing here. Just like you. :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']

Where have I seen this before??? Oh yes, SONY offering 2 free PS3 and PSP games and 1 month of PSN+... Where is the outcry for Sony? Where is the let's boycott Sony and not buy their TVs and watch their movies... etc :roll:[/QUOTE]
There were a bunch of cries about Sony giving out those free games for the hack. lol

Did those of you who purchased the augmented edition get the email? I haven't received any email and I'm assuming its because I bought the Augmented and not standard.

[quote name='pROvIs']Did those of you who purchased the augmented edition get the email? I haven't received any email and I'm assuming its because I bought the Augmented and not standard.[/QUOTE]
Read the OP please.

[quote name='pROvIs']Did those of you who purchased the augmented edition get the email? I haven't received any email and I'm assuming its because I bought the Augmented and not standard.[/QUOTE]

I never got the e-mail or a phone call. I tried going to my local Gamestop anyways, Foothill Ranch, CA and they denied me. So that store was a no-go.:cry:

Apparently only the regular edition qualified since the Augmented edition didn't even have the coupons in them in the first place, so GameStop did NOT have to open those to remove a coupon.

A friend of mine bought the Augmented edition from Amazon and did NOT receive a coupon also. Seems to be an issue with Square Enix not putting coupons in the Augmented edition. So apparently if you pay more money on the higher price version you don't deserve a coupon, but if you pay less money for the standard edition you get a coupon. :roll:

bread's done
Back