Gamestop payment question

ohram

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
I'm quite new with the whole ebay thing so I had a question or two. I've searched around, but apparently not hard enough. I guess I'm just doing it wrong. I hate to ask for help, but here it goes.

Is there ever an option that ISN'T paypal? I would use Paypal for this, but by the time it clears the auction will have ended.

If there is an option to use something other than paypal, how would I know? Here's what the page looks like.

ebayu.jpg

^ this here is what confuses me. Does it mean Paypal accepts those cards, or can they be used in the purchase of the auction?

ebay2p.jpg

Thank you for your help. Hopefully after this I'll be able to actually use ebay for once.

In case this has to be videogame related, it's a nice deal on a videogame lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the seller is asking Paypal only then it is Paypal only.It is the only option I see on the screen caps.You can ask the seller for an payment extension.

[quote name='aihuman']If the seller is asking Paypal only then it is Paypal only.It is the only option I see on the screen caps.You can ask the seller for an payment extension.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

the credit cards mean paypal will accept them. You can add credit/debit cards to your paypal account to withdraw money rather than linking your bank account. The transfers are usually instant.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']the credit cards mean paypal will accept them. You can add credit/debit cards to your paypal account to withdraw money rather than linking your bank account. The transfers are usually instant.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... You might have just saved me some trouble. I'll have to look into it. Thank you as well.
Let's see if i get how this works from what I just read on paypal. I add an accepted debit or credit card to my paypal account. If I don't have the funds in my paypal account, meaning a 0.00 it'll pull the funds out of the card as if it was a paypal purchase? Or will the funds of the card show up as a balance in my paypal account? Like instead of the 0.00 it is now, when I add the card it'll show the balance on the card as if it was in my paypal account? It sounds simple when I read it but it just looks bad in text form. Let's try to simplify it.

I have 0.00 in my account. I add the card. so will it still say 0.00 and just pull the funds out of the card when needed or will it show how much is on the card?

Another question, how would I know if it was paypal only or not? Is there a picture or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ohram']Hmm... You might have just saved me some trouble. I'll have to look into it. Thank you as well.

Another question, how would I know if it was paypal only or not? Is there a picture or something?[/QUOTE]
Look under Shipping and Payments tab.It should tell you payment details.And by experience I can tell you Paypal transfers-from a debit card,not sure about credit cards- take 3-4 business days to transfer to your Paypal account.

[quote name='aihuman']Look under Shipping and Payments tab.It should tell you payment details.And by experience I can tell you Paypal transfers-from a debit card,not sure about credit cards- take 3-4 business days to transfer to your Paypal account.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I'm a bit confused by something else. I'm starting to remind myself of a childrens cartoon. Something so simple, but every little piece has to be explained to me before I can understand it.

Three MORE questions. If I add an accepted credit card to my paypal, will it pull funds from that instead if my actual paypal shows a balance of 0?

And if so will it be quicker? And can I add a prepaid store card to my account as if it was a credit or debit card(might as well cover all the bases)? again, thank you all for your help. I'm better at slamming my hand in a car door than I am at ebay.

Question 1:Yes. In paypal that card will show up "backup funds" so when you make a purchase they will take it from your card.

Question 2:Yes it will be quicker.

Question 3:Yes PayPal accepts prepaid Credit Cards as long as they have the 3 or 4 digit code on the card that you will have to enter on their site.

If the prepaid card has money on it, you don't have to transfer anything to your PayPal account, just add the card to the account and your good to go.

Since you all helped so much with my ebay questions I thought I would drop a GameStop question to simmer in your skillets.

I'm not sure here, nor am I ever sure anywhere else about this. Usually when shopping online (depending on where you live) there is no sales tax, at least I think that's right. I live in Iowa so I'm just assuming I'm not on that list of people who have to pay sales taxes for online purchases.

But I'm sitting here looking at my checkout and there I see it. Estimated sales tax. Does this estimate nonsense mean it's estimated if I live in one of those states, or do they charge sales tax everywhere? Normally I wouldn't care, but since I'm going to be spending so much the sales tax will drop an extra 20-25 smackers onto my price tag.

so, I guess the short version is... Does everyone have to pay sales tax for gamestop's online store? And if not, will they just take the estimated price off at the end of the checkout? Thank you all again. I really should figure these things out before I start trying to throw cash around like the Monopoly guy.

The rule with sales tax is if the business has a physical presence in your state, they are obligated to charge you sales tax when buying stuff online, assuming of course your state has a sales tax.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The rule with sales tax is if the business has a physical presence in your state, they are obligated to charge you sales tax when buying stuff online, assuming of course your state has a sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Aye, that's the ticket. Thank you. If only it was a city by city basis. The closest Gamestop for me is a two hour drive.

Well, there's always "use taxes," even if a company doesn't have to charge you sales tax, but I guess that's not really important. No one really bothers to enforce that.

bread's done
Back