Gamestop PC DD Under $10 Sale

Dragon Age Origins UE for $7.50 and Dragon Age 2 for $5 are both tempting, looks like the lowest these games have ever gone, although Amazon sold them together for $10 a few months back.

They activate on Origin, but not Steam. I don't really feel like installing more game store/manager programs, so I've stuck to Steam so far, but this might persuade me to add Origin.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Dragon Age Origins UE for $7.50 and Dragon Age 2 for $5 are both tempting, looks like the lowest these games have ever gone, although Amazon sold them together for $10 a few months back.

They activate on Origin, but not Steam. I don't really feel like installing more game store/manager programs, so I've stuck to Steam so far, but this might persuade me to add Origin.[/QUOTE]

Do all of the games in the sale activate on Origin?

I'm looking at some games, and it says I need to download the GameStop app to do so. I am wondering if this means I need the GameStop app to actually play the game, or I just need it for the download...

Really not interested in having yet another client on my computer if I need it to play the game, but I guess I would be okay if its just for the download (as with GameFly).

[quote name='Bizzquik']Do all of the games in the sale activate on Origin?

I'm looking at some games, and it says I need to download the GameStop app to do so. I am wondering if this means I need the GameStop app to actually play the game, or I just need it for the download...

Really not interested in having yet another client on my computer if I need it to play the game, but I guess I would be okay if its just for the download (as with GameFly).[/QUOTE]

It really depends. Only EA games activate on origin and even those are hit and miss. Older EA games may not activate or may require a work around or chatting with a helpful customer service rep and asking them to manually add it to your account. That's not a guarantee though...

[quote name='Bizzquik']Do all of the games in the sale activate on Origin?

Really not interested in having yet another client on my computer if I need it to play the game, but I guess I would be okay if its just for the download (as with GameFly).[/QUOTE]With you all the way on the clients, but the more there are the lower the prices will be, so it's an inconvenience that I'm okay with. Hope this list helps.

https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It really depends. Only EA games activate on origin and even those are hit and miss. Older EA games may not activate or may require a work around or chatting with a helpful customer service rep and asking them to manually add it to your account. That's not a guarantee though...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

The two games I am looking at - Alice: Madness Returns and The Saboteur - are both old EA games.

I wish they would say on the webpage if their app is just a downloading client or not.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']With you all the way on the clients, but the more there are the lower the prices will be, so it's an inconvenience that I'm okay with. Hope this list helps.

https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the link. Both my games (Alice and Saboteur) are on it.
So basically I buy the games through GameSpot and if they don't use Origin for activation, I email EA with proof of purchase and they send me a key? I guess I could do that....

Thanks again.

I see Bulletstorm for $4.99, same price the xbox 360 version has been for awhile now. Does anyone know if I purchase it from gamestop that I can redeem it via GFWL (games for windows live) or do I gotta use it via gamestop's app then gfwl?

Sweet, thanks OP gonna pick up Red Orchestra 2. Been waiting for this to go back on sale, since I couldn't get the GMG deal to work with my damn paypal account...

Edit: Sweeeeeeet, I got a Steam key for Red Orchestra 2, installing now in Steam. night = made thanks again OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bizzquik']Thanks for the reply.

The two games I am looking at - Alice: Madness Returns and The Saboteur - are both old EA games.

I wish they would say on the webpage if their app is just a downloading client or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought both those on Amazon and both activated with no problems on Origin, though some people report needing to chat with support for Saboteur.

[quote name='bobphone']Anyone know if they give you a Steam code for Deus Ex?[/QUOTE]
Not only is it a Steam key for the Augmented Edition, but it also includes the Explosive Mission Pack bundled!

Not sure if the Augmented Edition should include this piece of DLC, but I bit for $5.99. Good price!

[quote name='bobphone']Anyone know if they give you a Steam code for Deus Ex?[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about Deus Ex: Human Revolution - that game flat-out requires Steam PERIOD.

I can't speak for the original Deus Ex and DE: Invisible War.
I have those from Retail from WAY back and those didn't require a client back then.
I think that was before Steam existed or even really began to take off.

They do. It says Steamworks on the page for it. I just bought the regular version during the gamefly sale so of course the Augmented edition drops this cheap. Damn.

Do not buy from GamestopDownloads/Impulse. It's been over an hour now and I still have no confirmation and no Steam code.

Your order from GameStop PC Downloads was successful.

Your order number is:

Sold To:

Shipping Instructions:

Product
Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Augmented Edition Quantity: 1
http://www.impulsedriven.com/about (Install GameStop App and logon to download) $5.99
Shipping $0.00
Discounts $0.00
Promotional Discount: $0.38
Tax $0.37
Total $5.98 USD

Thank you for your order from GameStop PC Downloads

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS

INSTALLING GAMES

To install your games, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Install GameStop App from http://www.impulsedriven.com/about.
Step 2: Log in to the GameStop App using .
Step 3: From the My Games tab in the GameStop App, locate your game and click Install.
Step 4: Follow the on screen prompts to complete your installation.

PRODUCT CODES

If your game is prompting for a product code when run, hover over the game and click Product Code. Click copy to copy the code to the clipboard then paste it (Ctrl-V) into your game.

SUPPORT

If you have placed orders under multiple email addresses, please email [email protected] to have your records merged.

Customer Support or Technical Support:
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.impulsedriven.com/support

Please include your order number and account name when contacting Customer Support.

Be sure to check out our other games at:
http://www.impulsedriven.com/

Thank you for being a customer.

Sincerely,
GameStop

GMG has Deus Ex: AE for another 9 hours with this code and their discount for $5.60: GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/deus-ex-human-revolution-augmented-edition/

[quote name='rayne117']Do not buy from GamestopDownloads/Impulse. It's been over an hour now and I still have no confirmation and no Steam code.[/QUOTE]
Do you have GameStop PC App program installed?
When I've bought Steam game-keys from them - it usually shows up there in that program and in your account there.

That is, of course - unless they sold out on DE:HR...
I hope not...

Wow, that was incredibly easy.

I bought Alice: Madness Returns, Dragon Age II, and the Saboteur. I used a GameStop gift card as payment. I even received a 10% discount for being a reward zone member, which essentially nullified taxes.

I downloaded the GameStop app and connected it with the email and password on file of my newly-registered GameStop PC Download account, then selected the "My Games" tab in the app. Each of the games prominently has a button to click labeled "Product Code". Then I opened up my Origin app and redeemed each of the codes.

I'm happy. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Is $8.99 a good price for fable 3?[/QUOTE]

eh it's okay. I think I paid something like $10 or so for Fable 3 with all the dlc during the summer sale steam had but for $9 it's not a bad price. I've seen it @ retailers still selling for a lot more than $9 that's for sure..

By the way, it'll work on GFWL and has Xbox 360 controller support with achievements.

[quote name='rayne117']Do not buy from GamestopDownloads/Impulse. It's been over an hour now and I still have no confirmation and no Steam code.

GMG has Deus Ex: AE for another 9 hours with this code and their discount for $5.60: GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. Grabbed it and downloading now. For anyone on the fence, it's an amazing game. I'm just rebuying on PC to play it again. Already finished it on PS3.

bread's done
Back